Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is A Good Sniper Setup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 7:35am
Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

ok i just found this out the definition of sniper a is a a person shooting from a concealed position. so really if you hide in a bush and shoot someone without being seen you were just a sniper just a fact that i found.

Way to not look at any other sniper thread. READ one. Just one, that is all I ask. One of the long ones actually.

If you look at what you just said, that make EVERY SINGLE woodsball player a sniper. And if that was the case, then why would we call ANYONE a sniper.

According to your definition, when I shoot deer with my bow, I AM A SNIPER. HECK NO. I am 15 freaking yards away if that. I have sat on the ground looking EYE TO EYE with a deer 7 feet away.

I am not a sniper. You are not a sniper. Nobody in paintball is a sniper. If you play woods and arent shooting from a conceal postition you need to quit paintball this very moment.

You can't have that broad of a defintion.
roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 8:09am
a lotta people said get a site...but DON'T get a tunnel scope...u won't have side 2 side vision...peeps will b able 2 sneak up on u so easily...if u get a scope...get a sight rail or a red dot sight

Edited by roadrunner0535
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 8:43am
hahaha. i love these threads
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 9:08am
Originally posted by A-5 bunkerking A-5 bunkerking wrote:

hahaha. i love these threads

I've given up trying to be serious in them. Now I just snipe BC.
jeremyte2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremyte2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 3:06pm
I strongly agree with logan. That would make everyone a sniper in woodsball unless you are some sort of Kamikaze
monster- baller View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster- baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 3:47pm
Ok since nobody is really helping you here this is what i think you should get.

flatline barrel
remote coil
car stock
rear volicty adjuster
scope (optional)
bi-pod (optional)
i reject reality and substitute my own
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 3:54pm

SNIPERS CAN'T POSSIBLY EXIST IN PAINTBALL.

IT'S PHYSICALLY, MENTALLY, AND SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!

u  res

monster- baller View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster- baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by jeremyte2 jeremyte2 wrote:

I strongly agree with logan. That would make everyone a sniper in woodsball unless you are some sort of Kamikaze
not really ekeebo's definition stated WITHOUT BEING SEEN. if you were behind a bush or log ect. and someone say you that is not sniping. sniping in his definition is hitting someone without anyone knowing were you are
i reject reality and substitute my own
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 4:05pm
u newbs dunno wat u talkin bout.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 6:12pm
Wait, did Shadowminion say the Flatline won't shoot farther?

And whiteknight, do you really need to be pwned in another sniper thread?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 6:34pm

Originally posted by whiteknight457 whiteknight457 wrote:

u newbs dunno wat u talkin bout.

Let's all bow down to the Uber King of paintball, the angry screaming 12- year old.

Now wait for the really long of post of him flaming me with lots of THIS and  and **edited**er.

Coming in May 2005!
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 6:55pm

I said it wont shoot appreciably farther , apply the laws of physics here , as in impact energy , it takes a certain amount of energy to break the gelatin casing upon impact , and if the velocitys are the same,or comparable , the the EFFECTIVE range will be the SAME !!

The areodynamics of the flatline will make the ball travel in a roughly straighter line , than a ball without a backspin , but the energy WILL be the same upon impact , no matter spin or not .

I will OWN you on this ,if you care to debate it , you may get a bit more hang time, but not a bit more greater effective range with a flatline .

Face it , the Flat line is a good idea, and has its uses , but the laws of physics demand that once a Projectile leaves the barrel ,it is subject to friction , aerodynamics , and gravity .

If you take ANY projectile , whether it is from a High powered rifle ,or a paintball marker ,it is subject to :

1: Gravity , which falls faster , a pound of feathers , or a pound of lead ? Answer : is the same , except for the friction of the surface area creating drag on the object falling.. You can tell almost exactly when a rifle bullet will hit dirt ,if it is fired from a level position , drop a weight at the instant you fire , when one hits the ground , so will have the other.. All things are subject to gravity.

2 Friction , Heres, the biggie that kills the effectiveness of the flatline . When a projectile is fired from a barrel , it has an initial velocity , weight , and Trajectory . Friction deals with the weight and velocity as it relates to paintball . For the sake of discussion , I will assume all paintballs weigh the same , and they do , roughly , unless you want to get out a triple beam scale and measure into differences of the magnitude of a few grains of sugar or salt

Velocity , paintballs travel thru the air and are subject to variations in currents (Ie, side drafts , head wind ) assuming it is calm , no wind , there is still friction from the paintball passing through the air , that is called drag , and will slow down a paintball ,or any projectile passing thru it. High Velocity rounds are conical to minimize this effect , pointed bullets etc , paintballs are round , their Co-efficient of drag (that is a valid scientific term ) is roughly the same , no matter what brand , and will all experience the same rate of slowing down due to this drag , its unaviodable . The rate of slowing is determined by the weight of the projectile , and its drag (shape) .

The range of a paintball is determined by its velocity and weight , Period . that means its effective range , because it needs to have enough momentum to break the gelatine casing WHEN it reaches its intended target , momentum is also called impact energy at the instant it hits the target . thicker shells on paintballs require more impact energy to break on a target than do thinner shelled paintballs , IE , the thicker shells require more impact energy to break than do thinner ones at the same distance and velocity . But for our purposes , all paintball shells are the same , and require equivalent impact energy to break , that translates into Feet Per Second , assuming that all shells , and weights are equal .

3.Aerodynamics , Here's where the Flatline shines , every projectile has some combination of co-efficient of drag , and inertia . The flatline puts a backspin on the paintball like a fastball in baseball,, Aerodynamically , that reduces the air pressure on the top of the ball , and increases it on the bottom , that creates a kind of lift ,like an airplane wing , but instead of using a fixed shape ,like a wing , it uses friction and inertia , the spin of the ball helps the air pass along the top of the paintball with less friction , than the bottom of the ball . It creates a lift effect , and makes the paintball travel flatter , further than a ball without the back spin , this is great for shooting under overhanging obstructions and such , low hanging branches , Etc .

TRAJECTORY : (I can count , but this is an after thought ) For all you non Flatline owners out there , like myself . Its the impact energy that matters , and there aint much you can do about that .  Go to "Mortar Mode" , Lobbing rounds into where your opponent is , Y'all know that to put your ball further out , you gotta aim higher , as long as your ball has the impact energy sufficient to break upon impact , dont let the Flatline intimidate you , at the same FPS it wont matter , unless you are in heavy overgrowth (then PH33r the Flatline ) , just aim a bit higher, soon the Flatline shooter , will be sitting in the dead box , Yer still an even bet on putting him out .

I "kill" flatlines all the time , no biggie , they are subject to the same rules of physics as I am , think of your shot as a stream of water coming out of a water hose (parabolic curve )(Ballistic curve) , whatever.. know your gun , know what it will do..

Edited by Shadowminion
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 6:57pm
I can snipe you wit a 155mm "Long Tom" and you'll definitely not know where the round came from
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 6:58pm
WHEN WILL THESE THREADS GO AWAY?!?  WHEN WILL I STOP TYPING IN CAPS?!?
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 7:02pm
Remove the "caps lock" key, then that would stop you from typing in CAPS!
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by ekeboo ekeboo wrote:

ok i just found this out the definition of sniper a is a a person shooting from a concealed position. so really if you hide in a bush and shoot someone without being seen you were just a sniper just a fact that i found.

Way to not look at any other sniper thread. READ one. Just one, that is all I ask. One of the long ones actually.

If you look at what you just said, that make EVERY SINGLE woodsball player a sniper. And if that was the case, then why would we call ANYONE a sniper.

According to your definition, when I shoot deer with my bow, I AM A SNIPER. HECK NO. I am 15 freaking yards away if that. I have sat on the ground looking EYE TO EYE with a deer 7 feet away.

I am not a sniper. You are not a sniper. Nobody in paintball is a sniper. If you play woods and arent shooting from a conceal postition you need to quit paintball this very moment.

You can't have that broad of a defintion.

well eexxxccuuuusssseee me!  Deer are also really dumb i didnot say i was a sniper and you can shoot somebody with them seeing you!!! and with youre last sentance you should get your tail out of a bush and do a stinkin charge on a bunker!!!

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:41pm
i m teh snipp-er.  U CNT C ME!

i will snip u!! 

Note : I love these threads, and the above post was pure sarchasm, and yes, i know you a cansee this.  I pity the newb that highlights and quotes this.

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!
DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:43pm

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

i m teh snipp-er.  U CNT C ME!

i will snip u!! 

Note : I love these threads, and the above post was pure sarchasm, and yes, i know you a cansee this.  I pity the newb that highlights and quotes this.

You gonna snip someone wit a scissor?

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:47pm
/me snipes darur

that's 2; anyone else want some of this?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 9:58pm
Hold up, lemme go get my sling shot, its equipped wit a high tech scope....now stand still...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic