Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cocker=Chopper?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TheInvincible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheInvincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cocker=Chopper?
    Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:18pm
Is this crap true?
Backman01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:21pm
Yes it is one of the frontmen on my team chops balls like no tomorrow
Accuracy in volume.
Backman01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:23pm

and what would anyone want a cocker for anyway, They suk

Accuracy in volume.
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:23pm

Your ignorant^.

Chopping, doesnt have to do with the gun. It has to do with hopper speed and barrel to bore size match.

tizzle bizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tizzle bizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:31pm
no.. cockers do suck..
j2duhr View Drop Down

GUESTED FILTER DODGE & F-BOMB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j2duhr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:48pm
Well, I was ripping the 'Cocker in my sig earlier, no chops.
The gun is actually green and my friends, but he is over alot.
yay do i win?
Rob C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 10:38pm

They don't chop any more than other guns, and if yours is electro you never chop. But if its mech you can short stroke, which is not pulling the trigger all the way back or letting it all the way foward, its basicly the same thing as chopping and leaves you a mess to clean up .

Rick_James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:13am
Cockers rule. People just need to shut up about how they're crappy,
because they're not. They're fast, accurate, and resonably easy to
maintain.
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:22am
people who say cockers suck, just dont know how to treat a paintball gun.
if you actually read the manual, and learn about your gun, it will functuon properly, as will any gun.

so to put it in simple form, its the noobs who say cocker ssuck, cuz they dont know how to work one. theyre quite simple too.

and you really cant trust what "backman01" sais, because in another post, he claimed his stock a-5, can reach 22bps...

and soon we will have impy king come in here with his childish namecalling "autocrappers" and such. man, i cant wait!
no wonder everyone good is leaving the forum...
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Backman01 Backman01 wrote:

and what would anyone want a cocker for anyway, They suk

How do they suck?  Please inform me on how they suck.  They do not chop more than any other marker if you fire right, maintain it, and keep a good paint to bore match.  Now, why do they suck?
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 1:57pm
cockers only chop a lot if you can't pull the trigger right.
Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by gnarkill gnarkill wrote:

Your ignorant^.

Chopping, doesnt have to do with the gun. It has to do with hopper speed and barrel to bore size match.

First, it's spelled "you're" not "your".

Second, chopping can also occur by short stroking the trigger in addition to out shooting the hopper.

Third, bore size has nothing to do with chopping. It may bust a ball because it won't fit, but chopping is when the bolt cuts a ball in half.
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Greg Smith Greg Smith wrote:

Originally posted by gnarkill gnarkill wrote:

Your ignorant^.

First, it's spelled "you're" not "your".

Second, chopping can also occur by short stroking the trigger in addition to out shooting the hopper.

Third, bore size has nothing to do with chopping. It may bust a ball because it won't fit, but chopping is when the bolt cuts a ball in half.

Ah yes I forgot about short stroking. For now on just because you want me too, I`ll use correct English and spelling. UH, chopping is broken paint to me.

Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 4:54pm
Right, but you don't want to give newbies the wrong idea.

You can stay!
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by Backman01 Backman01 wrote:

Yes it is one of the frontmen on my team chops balls like no tomorrow

your front man sucks

mabye if he wouldnt short stroke he wouldnt have the problem... you ever think of that... stop giving the cockers bad reps cuz you saw someone using it wrong.

KH ARMY>you
PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:04pm
what the short stroking are u saying they should pull the trigger very firm?
There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 8:21am

I have a mechanical cocker with old-school slide trigger.  After countless cases through the thing, I have never chopped a ball.  The occasional barrel break, yes, but not a single chop.  Not one.  Zero.

2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 9:09am

Originally posted by PBinfonater PBinfonater wrote:

what the short stroking are u saying they should pull the trigger very firm?

he could be pulling the trigger and not letting it release all the way forward, he could not be pulling it back all the way, he could be pulling it back too slow, the timing could be off, or he could be useing a crappy electro or gravity feed hopper. 

KH ARMY>you
roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 9:13am
autocokers r sweet...but no use except speedball...of course if u get a barrel upgrade...they can rule in woodzball
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 9:18am

I have a pipe on my cocker and i ruin people playing secenairo games, woodsball, and speedball. but im also gonna get a pump of some sort... i like pumps.

KH ARMY>you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic