Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone else into bicycles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 6:01pm

most of those forks have barely any morre travel and marzocchi is a good brand so it should be good. i wont do anything real big until i get my norco. i will do up to a 6 foot drop on this one. when i get the norco i will get a litlle crazy. this is the norco i am gonna get in a couple of years.

Norco Torrent. my BIG hit bike. i will probaly do most anything on one of these. what do you think the torrent needs, to be worthy of a little punishment?

Edited by The Ho
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 6:13pm
a chain guide for that norco.the rest seems fine to me.if you're not jumping with that haro,its fine stock.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 6:22pm
I do jump like about maybe five foot high doubles and table tops. i will also do drops up to about six feet. i ride trails with trees laying across them  that you have to bunnyhop, will the rims be alright if i hit the rear rim on a log. the rims are Alex DM18 Double Wall 32h. are they strong enough for the riding i described? also what chain guide do you suggest for the norco?
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:48pm
i dont think the stock fork will be good for you're jumping. get a e.13 chain guide by evil

Edited by youm0nt
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:32pm

what much travel do i need for jumping? are those rims pretty tough?

edit

check out this chopper! it was a norco bigfoot.

Back to the photo gallery

Edited by The Ho
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:39pm
over 100mm.im saying the fork isnt good for jumping because thats not what its designed for.it will break if you abuse it.its a cross country/trails fork.designed for very little jumping.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:44pm
ok, i see what you are talking about. what about the rims? they are Alex DM18 Double Wall 32h. are they strong?
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:07pm
i dunno.id get bombshell,atom lab,sun, or mavic rims
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:14pm
what bikes do you have youmont?
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:22pm
mongoose.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:29pm
are you serious?
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:38pm
yes...i am currently saving up for a road bike.these things are expensive.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:43pm
i thought you said along time ago that you had a like 5,000 or 10,000 dollar bike?
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:44pm
hah..yeah..when im in europe racing.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:51pm
how much did your mongoose cost?
I LIKE BIKES!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:59pm
$150 i guess?
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 12:01am
if you ride a $150 mongoose then how come you are the bike guy on this forum? my hardrock is a pretty bad bike and it is better than that. i thought that you were gonna try out for a pro team? on a mongoose?
I LIKE BIKES!
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 12:58am
this made me think of youm0nt:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic