Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Speedball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speedball
    Posted: 15 August 2004 at 4:25pm
how do u play speedball and whats the rules and the point system just tell everything about speedball please!!
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 4:36pm
**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 5:11pm

Hasn't this been posted before

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
X 303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X 303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 11:07pm

Speedball pretty much means what it's name says it is:

You try to shoot 340923814128374 paintballs at the other team before they can shoot them at you.

A5
Flatline
Car stock w/ built-in RVA
Remote
20oz Co2
Leatherman Wave (for repairs)
Mike Barch View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Barch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 11:09pm
^^ hahaha
woodsballer87 View Drop Down

Acme All-Purpose Member Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by X 303 X 303 wrote:

You try to shoot 340923814128374 paintballs at the other team before they can shoot them at you.

never heard more true words about speedball then that.  

Edited by woodsballer87

brycef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brycef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 11:34pm
but u can only have one ball per trigger pull, and ur gun has to be really shiny and fancy.
Jesus- the way to go.
planning to get ion
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 11:51pm

Speedball is like woddsball, only faster and not in the woods.

AKA Excalibur
Crossfire 68/4000
Halo B

One Eye Dead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Eye Dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 1:38am
I kinda agree and disagree soldier speedball = no sniping (DONT EVEN START) woodsball = sniping and well uhhh..... you know it's welll uhhhh you gotta play to understand it's not really that easy to understand or explain without playing
<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
Craig R. Mayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig R. Mayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 2:55am
when i played woodsball the other day it was ther same as speedball only b/c the field was small.
Craig R. Mayer
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 1:41pm
Right, too hard to explain. Basically, woodsball without trees, air bunkers, fast paced, no snipers(never should be), and thats pretty much it.
AKA Excalibur
Crossfire 68/4000
Halo B

Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 2:58pm

This is not always true. I typically play 3 man and rarely go through a hopper. The games are very fast and you don't usually get a chance to just sit and burn.

The scoring is different, but where I play it works out like this:

50 points for a flag pull. This means that the flag is placed at center filed and the team that grabs it first gets 50 points.

20 points for a hang. This means that if you can get the flag to the opposing teams starting box you will get 20 points.

7 points for every opposing team member you get out.

3 points for every team member remaining on your team at the end.

This gives you a possible score of 100 points. If you get that it's called a Max.

The tournament brackets will be based simply on who has the most accumulated points.
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
monster- baller View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monster- baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Blue Hopper Blue Hopper wrote:

Hasn't this been posted before

Yes, I'm sure it has
i reject reality and substitute my own
plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Greg Smith Greg Smith wrote:

This is not always true. I typically play 3 man and rarely go through a hopper. The games are very fast and you don't usually get a chance to just sit and burn.

The scoring is different, but where I play it works out like this:

50 points for a flag pull. This means that the flag is placed at center filed and the team that grabs it first gets 50 points.

20 points for a hang. This means that if you can get the flag to the opposing teams starting box you will get 20 points.

7 points for every opposing team member you get out.

3 points for every team member remaining on your team at the end.

This gives you a possible score of 100 points. If you get that it's called a Max.

The tournament brackets will be based simply on who has the most accumulated points.

dont u mean, 20 for the flag pull and 50 for the hang? ifs its 50 for the pull, u win automatically if u get the pull....add it up. ull see.

triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 3:51pm
a waste of money.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 4:12pm
Well, I don't about tournaments, but speedball is woodsball- just like a 300 meter run is like a 100 meter run. It's just a different field layout- which is why I find it funny the woodsball guys and the speedbal guys act like they're so much better than each other because they play woods or speed. It's like saying because I play paintball I can school you paintball playin' wussies- it doesn't make any sense.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Bugsy View Drop Down

Strike 2 - More flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 6:56pm

You have basically have a frontman, 2 mid-men, and 2 backs. Fronts don't shoot too much and should be very quick becuase they need to get to the opposing team's side without getting marked. The mid players are basically to stay in the middle of the field and help out the front player. front player. The back players stay in the back bunkers and just fly paint to the enemie's team.

I play front, it's fun!

!   !
!   !
!   !
Suthe12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suthe12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 7:26pm
woodsball has like a 20 min round and speedball is like a 2 min round lol lets just leave it at that...oh and u get welts
PuPz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PuPz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 7:27pm
reson u dont shoot more then a hopper is cuz u shoot a
tippmann greg, o snap so do i.    dangit.

and trust me my speedball tippmann aint shiny and my lasoya
looks like black to green poop
I wanna live in H-town
•Netch•
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 9:11pm
All you need to know is Speedball>*.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic