Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnipers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 4:58pm

^Of course, but that dosent mean we have to go all against people who believe there is sniping in paintball, or a I say Hybrid sniping.

Benny go home!
easy123 View Drop Down

As easy as...Well...You know

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

OK here we go
Ft Benning Infantry School 1968
173rd Abn Bde 2/503rd Infantry RVN 1968-1969
101st Abn Div 1/506th Infantry Ft Campbell 1969
Company N, 75th Infantry Ranger RVN 1969-1970 wounded,rtn conus
Post War
2nd ID Korea
101st Abn
174 Sep Inf Bde Alaska
194 Sep Inf Bde Ft Knox
82nd ABN Ft Bragg
2/75 Inf Ft Lewis (Grenada 1983)
8th Inf Div Germany
ACMF-L (EUR)Germany
ADV 10th SFG Ft Devins
82nd ABN Ft Bragg (Desert Storm 1990-91)
Retired 1992

Schools-
Infantry student later Drill Sergeant
Airborne student later Black Hat
AirAssault
Pathfinder
Ranger student later RI
Sniper
Jump Master
RSLC

yea nolansniper or whatever, just sit down now... there is literally nothing you can say in responce to that, this guy was a drill sergeant...whew youve been outclassed brother
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by WDR-Tyger WDR-Tyger wrote:

Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Bam. WDR to the rescue.

Web Dog Radio

I've been working on a "Sniper Show", biut it repeats a lot I've already said in that show.  Hmm...   Perhaps I should do it anyway.  Snipers don't exist in paintball, but sneaky little bastards do. 

-Tyger

Do it. You need a video that just proves the point that there are no snipers in paintball.

I stayed up to about 2:30 last night watching webdogradio videos. ;)

Nolan, it doesn't matter how much you know about/don't know about snipers. This is about sniping in paintball. And from what you say, you sit in 1 place the whole game. Last time I checked, that was camping.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 10:55pm

Good God, 5 pages long....this reminds me of the topic in Paintball Ideas "Scenarios are Morally Wrong" thread and thank GOD that thread is over and done wit.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
X 303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 11:00pm
I suppose you could do "non-camp sniping" where you shoot down the people near you, advance a bit, shoot down a few more people, that kind of thing.
A5
Flatline
Car stock w/ built-in RVA
Remote
20oz Co2
Leatherman Wave (for repairs)
X 303 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Good God, 5 pages long....this reminds me of the topic in Paintball Ideas "Scenarios are Morally Wrong" thread and thank GOD that thread is over and done wit.

By the way evilfingers, I've seen 12 page topics be4.

A5
Flatline
Car stock w/ built-in RVA
Remote
20oz Co2
Leatherman Wave (for repairs)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 11:04pm

The last time I read this thread was yesterday and there was only 2 pages...look at it now, its freakin ridiculous!

easy123 View Drop Down

As easy as...Well...You know

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by X 303 X 303 wrote:

bootleggers and the sleepover incdent
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 11:26pm

easy123, dude....lol, yer sig is givin me flashbacks of my exgf!!!

Man, thank god we broke up, she became porker!

Edited by evil_fingers
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 1:03am

I suppose you could do "non-camp sniping" where you shoot down the people near you, advance a bit, shoot down a few more people, that kind of thing.

That would defeat what Nolan is saying constitutes him as a sniper.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
billcosby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 1:11am
Originally posted by easy123 easy123 wrote:

bootleggers and the sleepover incdent
does anybody still play that bootleggers gam and did that tippmann mafia thing ever start
GABAA GABBA HEY PUNK IS HERE TO STAY

Ride foundation

I shoot a timmy
One Eye Dead View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 1:20am
If I were a mod I would immediately lock all threads like these therefore stopping flaming and lots of potential strikes and guesteds
<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 6:46am
Originally posted by fractus.scud fractus.scud wrote:

^Of course, but that dosent mean we have to go all against people who believe there is sniping in paintball, or a I say Hybrid sniping.

That is not the point. When those of us that know what actual small unit or individual tactics are, and see someone badly mis-applying them, it is our duty to correct the mistake. Some of us are a little more "abrassive" in doing it then others, but that doesn't make lesson being taught incorrect.

The real problem comes from those that feel that the lessons are personal attacks and react accordingly. For those of you that fall into this category, next time sit back, take a deep breath, and actually read, you might scare yourself and actually learn something.
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 8:11am
ohhh I agree. I don't think there is any type of "real" sniping in paintball. Yes there are some sniping tactics involved but not most ie: long range shooting etc. Yeah maybe you sneak around and get people out but thats not considered sniping in my book. Some people feel that if they can run around the woods in a green shirt that they are snipers. They are wrong. I believe someone here has already listed the "rules" or must do's for being a sniper so I won't re-list them, but the majority of that stuff is impossible in paintball.

Benny go home!
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
2010 Worst Luck award winner

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 10:16am

Just a bit of input from my side.

First off, keep flaming to a minimum, or this thread goes bye bye. Capice?

Secondly, To Nolan. I too have studied the art of sniping. I hae countless books regaling the exploits snipers from the second world war to today. I have even more books on firearms, used by the said snipers, and even own a few. I've seen all the specials on the history channel, I've talked with USMC snipers, I've even indulged the Hollywood interpretations just for kicks.

I've been paintballing for about 6 years now. Woodsball more precisely. My 4 man team pretty much runs the rec circut around us. We get kids who start playing at 17, 18, and 19 years old who are obsessed with the concept of sniping, because they saw the same movies I did, and were enraptured by the romantic hollywood interpretations. These kids learn real quick that they can drape themselves in burlap all they like. They can lay as still as they want, and they can take as many wild shots as they like. Paintball is a close quarters game once the shooting starts. Twenty and thirty feet away, there's someone shooting at you. And he KNOWS where you are. If you aren't ready to get up and run, you're tagged, end of story.

The kids that we play with enter the game with little or no expierence calling themselves snipers, experts, pros, all sorts of things. When we take them out for their first few games, they learn a few lessons awfully quick.

A. It's more fun to pitch into the firefight than to wait in a bush somewhere and hope someone crosses your path on accident.

B. They still have a lot to learn. I know I still do.

C. They begin to see the folly of the hollywood pictures. The image they had of themselves crawling through the underbrush, cloaked by shadows and that handmade ghillie suit, stalking the unsuspecting prey, tagging them from some distance away, then slowly dissapearing into the woods from whence they came.....that's all crap.

I played at the West Point Scenario game last spring, and there was a Canadian fellow camped next to the OMHW guys, who graciously allowed my team to swell their ranks that day. He was all decked out in his ghillie suit, with a scope on his 98C, the works. When he came back, He had logged something like 4 tags, to my 7, and he had a large pink spot in the middle of his ghillie suit.

You'll learn friend, that the glory just isnt there. Paintball doesnt cater to it all that well. It just doesn't fit. It's sort of like calling yourself a frogman just because you can hold your breath for two minutes in the community pool.

I wish you good luck, and I really wish you'd stop trying to match wits with OldSoldier on this one. You're going to lose. The forum has more respect for this man because of what hes done and what he knows, than for almost any other member of this forum, all 23,000 of them. How can you really believe that you know the truth of the matter when at 16 years old, you aren't even old enough to enlist in anything but the boyscouts?

For the love of everything that bears the tippmann logo, quit now. All of you.

....I should just play the jerk, and lock this thread now that I've said my piece, but that's not entirely fair. I WILL however, can it as soon as I see that it's gone out of hand.

So keep it civil, or let it die. Those are your only two choices.      

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 11:29am
^^
"You know, you're like the A-bomb. Everyone's laughing, having a good time, then you show up and boom. Everyone's dead."

Edited by †Sniper†
One Eye Dead View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2004 at 11:55am

Lol well anyways I have talked to a USMC sniper and a former SEAL (he told me nothing) but it was fun and he played with my butterfly knife but anyways... talking to SEAL's are the worst they can't tell you anything and they won't...

I have read countless books and watched countless movies and things as well and I have learned a little but as far as I know I've had no luck in doing it in paintball Im just a good shot but the games with them are the some of the most fun somehow......

<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
NolanSniper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 8:07pm

yawn. what ever guys. everyone here is taking this all so seriously. i admit, i started this thread to get play to my site. its not like i meant for this to turn into a flame war.

all im trying to say is, there ARE snipers in paintball, wether you believe it or not. you may not see us, you may not hear us bragging everygame about how we walked a sollid wall of paint onto a guy, but we DO exist, and saying we dont will accomplish nothing.

that is all there is to it. and as for oldsoldier, sorry for doubting you bro. but you know what? how can i not? this is the interent, for all anyone knows you could have been lying about all this stuff. youve proved to me at least that you know your crap, and im not arguing that anymore. but before you say i cant take on a 3 man team, or anything like that you should play with me. okay? just because you think it is farfetched that i like snipers, doenst mean that i dont have a few tricks up my sleeve that i got from snipers. you never know.

thats all, you can lock it if you want mods. im done.

all snipers go here..... http://sniperhide.proboards32.com
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 8:23pm

Look all yalls argueing about snipers have gotten so old I'm thinking of never opening this forum again. People please stay away from the word snipers. I'm thinkin a lot of these people lost their parents to snipers the word makes them so upset. I'm guesing that everyone knows its a touchy subject here. So if someone even mentions it then don't argue with them. A word is only as important as the meaning WE give it not a bunch of proffesional snipers and dictionarys. The reason I'm so mad is from previous posts and I don't want a flame war growing again.

Yes I have posted this before and will keep posting this till yall give up fighting.

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 12:15am
Originally posted by NolanSniper NolanSniper wrote:

yawn. what ever guys. everyone here is taking this all so seriously. i admit, i started this thread to get play to my site. its not like i meant for this to turn into a flame war.

all im trying to say is, there ARE snipers in paintball, wether you believe it or not. you may not see us, you may not hear us bragging everygame about how we walked a sollid wall of paint onto a guy, but we DO exist, and saying we dont will accomplish nothing.

that is all there is to it. and as for oldsoldier, sorry for doubting you bro. but you know what? how can i not? this is the interent, for all anyone knows you could have been lying about all this stuff. youve proved to me at least that you know your crap, and im not arguing that anymore. but before you say i cant take on a 3 man team, or anything like that you should play with me. okay? just because you think it is farfetched that i like snipers, doenst mean that i dont have a few tricks up my sleeve that i got from snipers. you never know.

thats all, you can lock it if you want mods. im done.

I can tell you are a newbie. Dont worry, you wont want to be a "sniper" when you get experienced. By the way. SNIPERS DO NOT EXIST IN PAINTBALL!

AKA Excalibur
Crossfire 68/4000
Halo B

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic