FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSnipers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 10:39pm

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

OK MR NolanSniper.........

A challenge.......The Tippmann World Challenge 18/19 September, Michigan, be there and PROVE to us what your are saying. Don't Talk the Talk, if you can NOT walk the Walk. I will be there, and each year I give a class on sniping, (being an actual trained sniper from a long time ago and far, far, away) and I hunt amateur wanna-be's for fun.

Been around since the days of pumps and $2.50 tubes of 10, and the game was no where near "sniping" agressive maneauver won the games, hiding and hopin made you the fool.

I still use 4oz bottles, 40rd hoppers and I am an INFANTRYMAN, utilizing the skills you all seem so facinated by as a norm.

Dream on son, read all the websites you want, so far I have not seen anyone even come close and I play scenario and rec ball all across the country. And at every field I issue the same challenge, me or me and any 4 troops against any professed "sniper", and I have had few takers and those who do usually end up humiliated, and I have witnesses, here on this forum and at the fields I play at.....
Ask about the "pony tail"...........

Piece of advice....Do not blow smoke, if the fire is still burning, you will get burned.......

excellent poin man, theres no way a newb with a nice setup can take on a 3 man speedball team, especailly since there are no snipers in speedball.

AKA Excalibur
Crossfire 68/4000
Halo B

whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 11:22pm

ok here i go. there are such things as "snipers". but the following would have to be achieved.

1. Shoot around 5 Paintballs. (because in the military the real snipers literally if givin the go-ahead shoot at the most like 5 shot.

2. No movement. ( another military deal, real snipers don move anything but there eyes.)

3. Back up scout. (nearly all snipers have a scout somewhere in contact, the scouts cover the sniper and give him positions of enemys.)

4. Maximum Camoflauge. (Ghillie, Camo Gun, etc.)

5. Silencer (now in paintball you cant legally completely silence the gun, but u can make it quieter, but snipers are silenced.)

theres many more requirement to be a true sniper, but it is possible fer pball snipers, but its impossible to meet the requirements unless your an ex- veteran marine.

PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by whiteknight457 whiteknight457 wrote:

ok here i go. there are such things as "snipers". but the following would have to be achieved.

1. Shoot around 5 Paintballs. (because in the military the real snipers literally if givin the go-ahead shoot at the most like 5 shot.

2. No movement. ( another military deal, real snipers don move anything but there eyes.)

3. Back up scout. (nearly all snipers have a scout somewhere in contact, the scouts cover the sniper and give him positions of enemys.)

5. Silencer (now in paintball you cant legally completely silence the gun, but u can make it quieter, but snipers are silenced.)

theres many more requirement to be a true sniper, but it is possible fer pball snipers, but its impossible to meet the requirements unless your an ex- veteran marine.

"Shoot at the most like 5 shots" And you would know how?

"No movement" I bet you have yelled at newbs for camping, is that any different?

"Back up scout" Whenever I play, we always set up teams, of usually 2 people, but the one I am usually in 3 because we're on the front line. I shoot a Pro/Carbine. I can shoot it pretty fast. I don't. Only time I shoot fast is when I am covereing someone. Why do you need a scout for cover, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a sniper?

"Max Camo" Face it, camoflauge isn't that helpful in paintball. I wear BDU pants and a military issue brown t-shirt. Thats all. I have people tell me to get a camo t-shirt or put on my BDU jacket because it's a break and easy to spot. Don't matter to me, I dont sit around in a bush, I am on the "frontline" engaged in "firefights".

"Silencer" My P/C qith a J&J Ceramic is by far the quietest fun of all my friends, but does that make me a sniper, hell no. The barrel i selcted is just quiet.

I love how you and Nolan contradict yourselves. You say a sniper needs a "silencer" or something equivalent, where as Nolan says you take a shot and move. Make up your minds. Whats a sniper do?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Guested - I got BUNKD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

"No movement" I bet you have yelled at newbs for camping, is that any different?

"Back up scout" Whenever I play, we always set up teams, of usually 2 people, but the one I am usually in 3 because we're on the front line. I shoot a Pro/Carbine. I can shoot it pretty fast. I don't. Only time I shoot fast is when I am covereing someone. Why do you need a scout for cover, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a sniper?

"Max Camo" Face it, camoflauge isn't that helpful in paintball. I wear BDU pants and a military issue brown t-shirt. Thats all. I have people tell me to get a camo t-shirt or put on my BDU jacket because it's a break and easy to spot. Don't matter to me, I dont sit around in a bush, I am on the "frontline" engaged in "firefights".

"Silencer" My P/C qith a J&J Ceramic is by far the quietest fun of all my friends, but does that make me a sniper, hell no. The barrel i selcted is just quiet.

I love how you and Nolan contradict yourselves. You say a sniper needs a "silencer" or something equivalent, where as Nolan says you take a shot and move. Make up your minds. Whats a sniper do?

yes, 5 shots is how many a true sniper would get off in a paintball game, ask any veterean like my dad.

no movement as in no NOTICEABLE movement

and camo is required fer a asniper due to the very known fact that they CAN NOT BE SEEN

and i dont give a **edited** what your barrel is, real snipers' guns are silenced completely.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:19am

[QUOTE=whiteknight457]

yes, 5 shots is how many a true sniper would get off in a paintball game, ask any veterean like my dad.

no movement as in no NOTICEABLE movement

and camo is required fer a asniper due to the very known fact that they CAN NOT BE SEEN

and i dont give a **edited** what your barrel is, real snipers' guns are silenced completely.

Is your dad a veteren of the army? or a Paintball veteren? Even if it is the army, was he a sniper? My dad was in the army and I'll be damned if he knows how many shots a sniper would use. Being in the army means jack. I don't believe in everything OS says, but I am behind him 100% on this.

No noticable movement eh? When I play we send 1 team to try and flank, or come up from the rear of the other team, and they move slowly, with no noticable movement. Does that make them snipers?

If you sit around in a bush, or in a position with grass/weeds for cover, the average person will not be seen, all they need is some dark green sweat pants and a green t-shirt. If anything, the ghillie makes an easier target. What you make your ghillie with won't always match what your playing in. And what if it's near winter, with no leaves? Camo is overrated. Don't take me out of context, it's useful, but overrated.

Real snipers, or paintball "snipers"? What did you remark about silencers have anything to do with paintball. You brought that off topic chief.

if you want to be a "sniper", be a "sniper". Have fun sitting around in a tree why everyone else is off having fun.

kthxbye

sporx wrote:
Guested - I got BUNKD

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:34am
i nvr brought it off topic bro, i am making my point "There Can Be a Paintball Sniper, THEY JUST HAVE TO DO EXACTLY WHAT A REAL SNIPER WOULD DO." or else they aint "SNIPERS", get what im saying yet?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:38am
But how can they do what a real sniper would do? Regular soldiers don't exactly try to get noticed, and from what I understand, snipers are in concealed positions, away from battle. How can you do that with a paintball gun?

sporx wrote:
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:47am
Bam. WDR to the rescue.

Web Dog Radio

sporx wrote:
vash357 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 1:47am
Just saying the word "sniper" in these forums is as likly to start lots of flames as lighting a match in a room full of gas fumes. About as smart to.
easy123 View Drop Down

As easy as...Well...You know

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 3:10am

Bam. WDR to the rescue.

Web Dog Radio

dellemma solved, well actually it was solved as soo as oldsolder posted, but now its ubersolved
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 7:05am
Originally posted by easy123 easy123 wrote:

Bam. WDR to the rescue.

Web Dog Radio

dellemma solved, well actually it was solved as soo as oldsolder posted, but now its ubersolved

I don't get it. WDR owns, but that video has nothing to do with anything we are talking about.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by easy123 easy123 wrote:

Bam. WDR to the rescue.

Web Dog Radio

I don't get it. WDR owns, but that video has nothing to do with anything we are talking about.

He tells you that there is no sniping in paintball. Tyger esh teh r0x.

sporx wrote:
NolanSniper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:34pm
hahahaha. does anyone here even know how the word snipe came along? it refers to a bird that was once hunted. the bird is very small, and it takes an amazing shot to be able to hit it. so if you want to get all technical and stuff, a "sniper" is a good shot.....i am a good shot. i also use the training that the military uses to perfect the arts of camoflauge and conceilment, escape and evade, etc....yes, i know, your a good shot and that doenst make you a sniper. but what does make me a sniper is the fact that i have the capability to sit completely still for a whole game not firing one shot because doing that i will have learned a valuable lesson. if i dont want you to find me, you wont find me, if i dont want to get shot, i wont get shot. thats all there is to it. there is a reason why snipers are sent on assassination missions in scenario games, because we can materialize out of no-where, take the shot, and disapear as if we were simply smoke. think about it.
all snipers go here..... http://sniperhide.proboards32.com
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 12:56pm
Get your boots the BRAVO SIERRA is getting deeper.....

Give it up KID, there are too many of us who actually play this game, know how to play the game, instead of hide and hope.......

Lets see the major scenario games I have Generaled where we have the "sniper" mission, as of the RofR game, NONE have been completed.....because NONE of the suppossed "paintball snipers" I send have a clue.....and believe me when I say this, neither do you.

Yet my OMHW LRRP guys I can send out on recons or ambush or interdiction missions and be almost guarenteed a success, any young pup with a ghillie I send out on the required "sniper" mission and check it off as a failure immediately, that is expierience, over concept........In the game the concept of "sniper" is USELESS ecept for the momentarily boosted ego of the KID, just before he gets lit up like a christmas tree, but "he shot someone".

SO live in the fantasy world you do, go sit and pretend you are a bush, reduce your teams EFFECTIVE PROJECTED COMBAT POWER by 1, but at least let your team leader know you will be out there useless, so he can plan accordingly.

And you still have not answered the 5 posted sniper questions Mr NolanSniper, the sniper expert, please enlighten us with your answers. Just for credibility....maybe

And here we go, where in Texas....maybe next year (2005)I will make a "special" trip, since mommy won't let you go play with the big boys. To teach from expierience is an art, to actually listen as the student, well 99% of the time that is the problem.
billcosby View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 1:27pm
it sounds like you just got owned nelson
GABAA GABBA HEY PUNK IS HERE TO STAY

Ride foundation

I shoot a timmy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 1:40pm
lol, owned by a guy with no life. you got me. look oldschool. i started this thread to see what people thought bout that site. if YOU have to be the immature one and continue to flame, be my guest. But if you continue to flame, that makes you a flamer. think about it. your being a complete A$s about all this. i AM a sniper, i dont fail sniper missions. If im sent on guard duty, for example, while playing capture the flag, i stick to my duty, and i perform. no one gets our flat. and you know what? i guarentee you im better then the kids that show up at scenarios w/ just a flatline saying they are snipers. ive been studying snipers since i first new what a sniper is. and as for all your questions, put them in lamens turns dip-**edited**. i dont have time to try and decode your technical talk. ask any question you want, ANY question. but at least make sure people can understand it.
Tippyguy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 1:55pm

Stop Talking about snipers!!!!!!!!

I HATE SNIPERS

JUST KIDDING I THINK SNIPERS ARE GREAT AND AS FOR ALL OF YOU OUT THERE  STOP DISING THEM

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 1:57pm
nolan grow some balls. oldsoldier gave you a test, and you don't have the smarts to answert the questions. they guys was a trained sniper, I think I'll take his word over yours.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 2:05pm
alright you want me to asnwer those questions. fine.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frequent target of infantile obsessives

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2004 at 2:05pm
Who is flaming, it is you by admission, who started the flame war, by yourself casting the first stones. The "I will own anyone", "I am better than anyone", I know what I am doing, you all are stupid" etc.

My "fun" with the sniper subject is getting young troops to actually think on their responses.....and on their style of play, I do not give a rats 4th point of contact how you play, or what you think is funny, or how good you are. By stating you are better than everyone, withour merit, or witness is in itself a flame to all.

You can state whatever you wish, and play anyway you wish, till the time where someone here on the forums has seen you play and can verify your claims, then we as a whole will look at your posts differantly.

And as for the questions, anyone who has as you put it studied the skill should be able to answer the questions.

Again need to work on your language and typing skills too, attention to detail and knowledge is a prerequisite for jobs in the real world.

Have fun.....and grow up a tad.....maybe you will learn something............
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic