Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shocker or Autococker?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which would you perfer?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [55.56%]
16 [44.44%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Covert_Ops View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 22
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Covert_Ops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shocker or Autococker?
    Posted: 14 August 2004 at 9:29pm
Yea I can't decide on what gun to get again, I found this Shocker with vision, I got a chance to shoot and OMFG! and I've shot an Autococker with an E-Blade and OMFG! but I can't decide... Help!?

Paint Check!? Yea I felt it...
www.888paintball.com
www.paintballgear.com
www.xtremez.com
Back to Top
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Joined: 14 July 2004
Location: San Marino
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 9:34pm
Nither are that great but if you have to get one of those two I would say the Shocker.
(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
Back to Top
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
PHAT and PLAT

Joined: 10 July 2002
Location: Dean's List
Status: Offline
Points: 4884
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 9:48pm
^exactly how many cases have you shot through the shocker and eblade to come to your conclusion?
Sent from a phone booth
Back to Top
Covert_Ops View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 22
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Covert_Ops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 7:44am

ImpyKing2 - why do you say that? Would you perfer to use and Impulse or what?

Lightningbolt - ive got to use them the whole day i was there

 


Paint Check!? Yea I felt it...
www.888paintball.com
www.paintballgear.com
www.xtremez.com
Back to Top
Static-98 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 8:02am

If its only between those 2 guns I'd get the E-blade... But If it was Me, I'd just buy an 03' And Just Build my own cocker.

Back to Top
Covert_Ops View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 22
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Covert_Ops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 8:14am
hey impyking, are impulses really reliable as in accuracy and speed or what?

Paint Check!? Yea I felt it...
www.888paintball.com
www.paintballgear.com
www.xtremez.com
Back to Top
griffen View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 180
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 9:14am
get a shocker there sooo sweet.
Back to Top
Semper Durus View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 17 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 414
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 10:59am
Shocker
I don't have a sig anymore
Back to Top
trickedtippmann View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 59
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trickedtippmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 12:06pm
shocker
Smart Parts shocker
dynasty tadao board
full freak kit
h.e bolt
check-it feedneck
nd rollerblade trigger
halo b w/ v35 and 9v adaptor
new inline max-flo with 68/45



Back to Top
Bunker_Attack View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 January 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1141
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunker_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 12:10pm
Shocker!
Back to Top
Static-98 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 2:56pm

Impulses have Too many problems completly Stock... There selenoid sux, there feedneck sux, just about the Whole Gun Sux.

If you want to get a impulse worth while then Check out this webiste for em'   www.ratguns.com  The Rat, Nasty, and TONTON are the only 1/2 Decent Impulses out there.

A Rat Jr. Will cost around 525$ and with LPR adapter, and a bit more a Rat Jr. Stage 2 will cost around 575$ And for 150$ more you can have the WAS Board installed.

A 03' Rat will cost 675$ But it comes with a Freak Barrel and will have better Guts.  For 825$ you can Have The Rat w/WAS Board which the WAS Board is One of the Best Boards on the Market. Also for another adition 50$ you can have ND Parts which will make That impulse Everything But stock.

 ND Inside contains the fallowing: Replace the stock hammer assembly with the New Desingz Hammer assembly, Slick Shaft, and SS Rat Hole hammer.

And for the Ultimate Rat You'll Want a Rat Stage 2. w/ WAS Board, ND Inside, and most Any part built for the Rat for 925$

If your low on money go with the Rat Jr. w/ Cricket Board, and Anti-Chop bolt.... 525$

If your Rich, Go with the Ultimate Rat. for 925$

Back to Top
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Joined: 14 July 2004
Location: San Marino
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 4:04pm

Ok I have alot of catching up to do on this thread

Originally posted by Lightningbolt Lightningbolt wrote:

^exactly how many cases have you shot through the shocker and eblade to come to your conclusion?

Well I guess about two cases to figure out that Autocrappers are a POS. I didn't have to shoot any cases of paint to find out the shocker wasn't that great, all I had to do was look at my teamates.

Originally posted by Covert_Ops Covert_Ops wrote:

ImpyKing2 - why do you say that? Would you perfer to use and Impulse or what?

Lightningbolt - ive got to use them the whole day i was there

Why would I say that well lets see here. Cockers are slow mechanical POS. They need tons of upgrades to make them anywhere near as good as high-end electro guns and thier very unreliable. Also if you screw with one little thing the gun will turn into a chopping POS.

Shockers aren't much better. They ARE more reliable and easier to clean and maintian but the truth is they are very ineffcient in gas and they still use the poopy SP vision system.

Both have thier problems and thats why I wouldn't get either.

Originally posted by Covert_Ops Covert_Ops wrote:

hey impyking, are impulses really reliable as in accuracy and speed or what?

Well...lol thats kind of hard to say for me personally. My Impy was very reliable and it was a pretty good gun but in the end it turned into poop. Like the cocker the Impy also needs alot of upgrades to make them good and even after you put tons of money into them thiers still a chance that you'll have problems and theres an even better chance that no matter what you do you won't get rid of FSDO. The Impy stock is ok. Its fast and pretty relaible but as I said before it needs work. Is the Impy worth it, I would say no. I put over $1,000 into my Impy and It still pooped out on me. For all that money I could have gotten a Matrix, DM4 or Angel thats almost perfect stock in every way shape and form.

(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
Back to Top
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Jumping...is useless!

Joined: 05 July 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 5:42pm
^ just because you chose to put tons of money into your marker, and you dislike the final product dosent mean that all the guns that arn't high end electros are S . All autocockers don't suck, the stock cocker isn't the greatest, but he shot one with an eblade, btw if your going for and ebladed cocker get the e-orracle.

KH ARMY>you
Back to Top
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Joined: 14 July 2004
Location: San Marino
Status: Offline
Points: 500
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 7:40pm

Originally posted by 2k4kev 2k4kev wrote:

^ just because you chose to put tons of money into your marker, and you dislike the final product dosent mean that all the guns that arn't high end electros are S . All autocockers don't suck, the stock cocker isn't the greatest, but he shot one with an eblade, btw if your going for and ebladed cocker get the e-orracle.

Bla Bla learn to read. I said the Impy was ok stock but it needs tons of upgrades. After all those upgrades it still ended up being a POS with a most likely blown solnoid. A good gun shouldn't need over 1,000 in upgrades and even more it shouldn't break down after you add all those upgrades. Maybe you don't know just how bad the Impy is. Besides needing a million upgrades parts fall out and get lost very easily. I can't tell you how I lost dumb things like ball detents because they're junk and they just shot out of my barrel one day. Also the aluminum is trash and I stripped the feedneck threading the first time I took off the feed neck to replace it. The Impy suffers constantly with FSDO and to top it off its as big as the WTC. I've owned both the cocker and the Impy and both are a POS.

All Autocockers don't suck now do they...hahah thats funny. Yea I guess after you add 18000 to an already POS it doesn't stink..but then again thats IF the thing doesn't fall apart, blow cup seals, chop paint, leak air out of the poopy three way and just constantly fall apart. Also just because you have a E-blade doesn't mean anything. The cocker is still a POS. I've seen people who had E-Autocrappers almost throw temper tantrum because thier $450 cocker with 1,8000 of upgrades is falling apart. Cockers are by far one of the worst and most overrated gun on the paintball market. Thier even worse them Impys.

(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
Back to Top
tippmann_kid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Addicted to X-Ball

Joined: 17 June 2003
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 1560
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann_kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 9:39am
i have owned both and i would say a shocker although u have to lube of the bolt and internals alot and alot of the guys on my team(we all shoot shockers)have had problems with our vision eyes but maybe we got a faulty batch
HK ARMY
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 10:07am

This thread is sufficient evidence, all by itself, that nobody should ever pay any attention to anything that Impyking has to say.

Most of you probably recall Impyking defending Impulses against all takers (cockers and ICD guns, most notably) as the parfect gun with no problems.  He denied the existence of FSDO, he said his Impulse never broke down and performed flawlessly, and so forth.  Now that he is no longer shooting an Impulse he is saying the opposite.  The very idea that somebody named "Impyking" would refer to an Impulse as a "POS" should tell you something.

Based on available evidence, I conclude that Impyking is firmly in the "whatever I am shooting right now is the kewlest and everything else sux" camp, and should therefore not be taken seriously.

Just my theory.

 

Back to Top
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Platinum Member in disguise

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6355
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 10:19am
[colo=red]
Matrix
Back to Top
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Jumping...is useless!

Joined: 05 July 2004
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 1367
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

This thread is sufficient evidence, all by itself, that nobody should ever pay any attention to anything that Impyking has to say.

Most of you probably recall Impyking defending Impulses against all takers (cockers and ICD guns, most notably) as the parfect gun with no problems.  He denied the existence of FSDO, he said his Impulse never broke down and performed flawlessly, and so forth.  Now that he is no longer shooting an Impulse he is saying the opposite.  The very idea that somebody named "Impyking" would refer to an Impulse as a "POS" should tell you something.

Based on available evidence, I conclude that Impyking is firmly in the "whatever I am shooting right now is the kewlest and everything else sux" camp, and should therefore not be taken seriously.

Just my theory.

 






^ im with him

KH ARMY>you
Back to Top
Rick_James View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 23 April 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 350
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 10:53am
Disregard anything ImpyKing says. No matter what. Oh, and
get the Cocker.
Back to Top
tippmann_kid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Addicted to X-Ball

Joined: 17 June 2003
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 1560
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann_kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Rick_James Rick_James wrote:

Disregard anything ImpyKing says. No matter what. Oh, and
get the Cocker.
dont listen to Rick_james he is dead    both are great try and shoot both so u get a feel for both guns
HK ARMY
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.218 seconds.