FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

just curious what you tihnk about d3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: just curious what you tihnk about d3
    Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:11am
Im just wondering, I think its an ok game and a lil overated, its not that scary at all. The graphics are good but I think HL2 imho will be better.

I average around 14 fps when fighting monsters and zombies to 50 fps at idle.

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:22am
i get 60fps all the time except in hell when im fighting that thing i dont want to spoil it for anyone.
Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Doesn’t Want Sex With The Drunk Chick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:47am
I get a steady 60fps on high settings, 1024x768, no AA. I love the game. It does what it Doom was made to do. It's a fairly scary game. I'll admit that there were quite a few time's where I jumped out of my skin. I'm still in the Delta Labs so I'm not in Hell yet. I hear Hell is hell.
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 10:05am
I've always thought the whole "Doom" series was a big joke
Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Doesn’t Want Sex With The Drunk Chick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 10:41am
Originally posted by The American The American wrote:

I've always thought the whole "Doom" series was a big joke

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 10:58am
I havent played it myself, but I have seen it beening played so I wont add my 2 cents yet.

Ruff Neck View Drop Down
Guested: Stupid spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruff Neck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 10:58am
Originally posted by Dark98 Dark98 wrote:

I get a steady 60fps on high settings, 1024x768, no AA. I love the game. It does what it Doom was made to do. It's a fairly scary game. I'll admit that there were quite a few time's where I jumped out of my skin. I'm still in the Delta Labs so I'm not in Hell yet. I hear Hell is hell.
Tippmann 98c

-Flatline
-2xTrigger
-12v Revvy
-RVA + RCS
-Steel Bolts
-Trigger Stop
brycef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brycef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:32am

i played it for 64, thats all, i thought it was lame

Jesus- the way to go.
planning to get ion
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:36am
All hype, its just another pretty shooter thats it.
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:45am
Like I've said in all the OTHER doom posts....

Ugh.  I finished Doom 3 and aside from being easy on the eyes, it's no more than a tribute game to all the other doom games and a way to show off the engine.

After the first few hours, it's just the same drawn out formula of going from room to room, doing stupid missions, only to find your way blocked and magically have an alternate route to take.  Rinse and repeat for 20 hours.

I read a good review of doom the other day:

"No problems runnin on my PC, but the gameplay is so boring, with little interaction, repetitive plots, and unrewarding progression. It's almost easier when you're drunk, because you don't over-analyze your objectives, where to go, or what to kill."

For me...

Doom 3 is kind of like a super-model, sure it looks good, but once you get her home and starting playing with her for more than a few hours, you end up wanting to un-install her, put her cd's back in the box she came, and fire up Alpha Centuari.

"Don't you hate pants?"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:56pm
/\

LOL

Paintball Videos.
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 2:05pm
i never liked any of the Doom games...
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by 98God 98God wrote:

i never liked any of the Doom games...

Same here

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 2:40pm

I liked Doom 2 more than 3 and the first one.

The first one was too short and scary ( I was only 5 or 6 when I played it religiously).

Doom 3 feels a lot like a game based around a graphics engine. Kinda like the plot and gameplay was an afterthought. Quite creepy in places.

I actually got the game last week, and have since gone back to Red Alert 2. Who knows, maybe when I reach the infamous Hell and Delta Labs things will get more interesting.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 3:30pm
Doom 3 is pretty much the only I one I remember playing, and I liked it so far. I played multi player (which was lacking) and a bit of one player. Mainly, I like the fact you can kill scientists, and your team, and nothing happens
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 3:33pm

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Mainly, I like the fact you can kill scientists, and your team, and nothing happens

Yeah, LOL. I was expecting enourmous retaliation. 

Variable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Variable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 3:37pm
It was all hype, the only thing I was impressed with was the graphics (even they weren't that impressive), I'm just glad I didn't pay money for it.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by hybrid-sniper hybrid-sniper wrote:

Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

Mainly, I like the fact you can kill scientists, and your team, and nothing happens

Yeah, LOL. I was expecting enourmous retaliation.

Me too, I was expecting like guys to come out of nowhere, turrets, everyhting to go off, nothing, not even if you kill a marine.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 4:03pm

The main reason everyone wants it is because it's a game made by ID, and every game made by them is usually one of the best games to ever come out.  Also that seems to be the same for Valve (I.E Half Life 2)

And there are always the Counter-Strike fan boys...

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 5:32pm

Yeah I thought that was odd to I wonder if thats why I cant ge tout of delta labs, I killed the guy who told me to get some plasma for the teleporter...

map game/deltalab1 if your stuck

MP lacks alot I find it real laggy and boring with only 4 players per server

Paintball Videos.
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic