FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My $49 $80 drill press

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My $49 $80 drill press
    Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:49pm
I just felt like bragging.

So i had never actually gone in the harbor freight tools just down the road from my house. I went in the other day out of boredom and realized they have lots of stuff for pretty cheap. Ive been wishing i had a drill press for ages, and i noticed they had a sort of medium size one for $80. I knew i had some money coming from editing someones videos so i decided to go buy it when i had the money.

Anyway, money today, i drove over, manhandled the box into a cart thing, grabbed a vise for it and headed up to the cashier. She rings the thing up, and asks me if i want the 2 year warranty thing. I said no (mainly because i didnt have enough money).

So this manager dude just kind of wanders past, looks at my cart, looks at the screen and asks me if i want the 2 year warranty plan. I figured it was like best buy where everyone that can speak tries to foist the service plan on you. I told him no thanks, and he says "well were not gonna give you that little drill press for $80"

So as i start thinking there was some sort of price sticker error, the manager dude commandeers the cash register and starts putting in codes and stuff. He looks over at me and says "How about a free 2 year warranty?" I sortof think "uhmm...yeah...ok sure dude whats the catch" Then the guy says "Here ill just ring this up like this...and this thing...and ill save you $30" and rings the drill press up for $49 with a free warranty plan thing.

I have absolutely no clue why he did it, but im not arguing.

Guess where im buying all my power tools and stuff from now on?
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:52pm

Showing a little ass never hurt anyone

Yer living proof

Edited by :ShockeR_ratm:

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
woodsballer87 View Drop Down

Acme All-Purpose Member Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:55pm

lol...good deal.

the drill press my dad has is from like the 1930's-40's and it still runs like new. we got a powerd band saw type deal thats from the 30's also that we use to cut steel tubing and stuff like that...

those vintage machines run like crazy.

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:12am
Drill presses are r33t, we have a 6ft tall one.

I cant wait to see craziness you'll come up with using that.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:03am
Hey even if you have no idea what he did, atleast it worked. I wouldnt be complainin (which you arn't)
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:22am
Harbor Freight rocks.

Hard.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:25am
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Harbor Freight rocks.

Hard.

Yeah, theres a 6" bench grinder for $40 with my name on it as soon as i have the money.
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 5:26am
wow, jerk.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 5:36am
uberr33thax0rz
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 6:26am
sweet.there are no places like that around here.unless home depot counts. id like a drill press or a mini mill
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:24am
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Harbor Freight rocks.

Hard.

Word. I got a $49 Electric winch for my attic so I can lift Anything under 1500 lbs up there...Including the annoying neighbor kids

Edited by chettacheez
tmino1687 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmino1687 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:28am

the only bad thing about that store is some of the stuff is good and some of the stuff like the amps or other no tool items suck majorly. 

so if i were u i would only get the tools and nothing else cause its sorta like a cross between a big lots (everything is so cheap, but very poor quality like everything but the uneatable items) and sam's club or costco (a ton of stuff for nothing, but u somtimes gotta look at the prices and test it out) so stick to the very cheap but good tools.

the one by me could pass for a dollar store, with those plastic tools 

98c green, 2x trig, evo 2, e-bolt,j&j 14in. with a reg and nitro
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 9:34am
I just use the one at school...
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 10:03am
Uber.

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:39am
I have one thats about 5-6' in my basement that i can use, only thing is i havent had to yet...

Whatever, Good find enos.
///AMG What?
brycef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brycef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:44am

buy lots of the drill presses then sell em on ebay.... hahahah, and the pppl will pay a nice little shipping fee.. but w/e?

Jesus- the way to go.
planning to get ion
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 11:46am
well if you plan on buying all your tools from there now, then he did his job.
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:30pm
Lucky. I desperately need a precision metalworking lathe...
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:35pm
I think that guy likes ya enos
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:41pm
i have no need for power tools ...but good find
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic