Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My $49 $80 drill press

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:52pm

Showing a little ass never hurt anyone

Yer living proof

Edited by :ShockeR_ratm:

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:49pm
I just felt like bragging.

So i had never actually gone in the harbor freight tools just down the road from my house. I went in the other day out of boredom and realized they have lots of stuff for pretty cheap. Ive been wishing i had a drill press for ages, and i noticed they had a sort of medium size one for $80. I knew i had some money coming from editing someones videos so i decided to go buy it when i had the money.

Anyway, money today, i drove over, manhandled the box into a cart thing, grabbed a vise for it and headed up to the cashier. She rings the thing up, and asks me if i want the 2 year warranty thing. I said no (mainly because i didnt have enough money).

So this manager dude just kind of wanders past, looks at my cart, looks at the screen and asks me if i want the 2 year warranty plan. I figured it was like best buy where everyone that can speak tries to foist the service plan on you. I told him no thanks, and he says "well were not gonna give you that little drill press for $80"

So as i start thinking there was some sort of price sticker error, the manager dude commandeers the cash register and starts putting in codes and stuff. He looks over at me and says "How about a free 2 year warranty?" I sortof think "uhmm...yeah...ok sure dude whats the catch" Then the guy says "Here ill just ring this up like this...and this thing...and ill save you $30" and rings the drill press up for $49 with a free warranty plan thing.

I have absolutely no clue why he did it, but im not arguing.

Guess where im buying all my power tools and stuff from now on?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic