Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lpk+hpa: pros and cons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hugeopolix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugeopolix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lpk+hpa: pros and cons
    Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:41pm

i'm looking into lpk and hpa and i could use your guys' help.  I need a pros/cons list for lpk, hpa, and both together.  thanks.

98c
flatline
x-chamber
polished internals
double trigger
magnetic return
r/t
12v revvy

lpk is garbage
e-bolt sucks

next: nitro
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:48pm
pros:

lower pressure (300psi), less recoil, less noise

cons:

kinda expensive

i say its not
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:52pm
You forgot a pro with LPK-

You can use balls that are more brittle so the balls always breaks when it hits someone- only useful if your field plays the rule where the ball has to hit AND break to be called out.

And a con-
The valve stays open longer and uses more gas- less gas efficiency. Or so I've heard.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
hugeopolix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugeopolix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 7:21pm

talking to shop owners, this is what i found out:

lpk is junk.  It doesn't help, especially on the tippmanns. you don't need it for nitro, so just get a nitrogen tank.

98c
flatline
x-chamber
polished internals
double trigger
magnetic return
r/t
12v revvy

lpk is garbage
e-bolt sucks

next: nitro
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 7:40pm
LP helps on co2, for HPA its almost worthless.

By the way Jovian, it been proven that almost every single paintgun hits the ball with the same pressure and force, LP or not.
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:41pm
I agree, a lot of hype with the lpk, not worth the $$  but 1 thing that is noticeable is less recoil, especially when using the RT, does it make any difference, probably not.
Purrrsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purrrsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by hugeopolix hugeopolix wrote:

talking to shop owners, this is what i found out:

lpk is junk.  It doesn't help, especially on the tippmanns. you don't need it for nitro, so just get a nitrogen tank.

ive heard the exact same thing from my shop. but its also personal preference- if it seems worth it to pay $120 for 50 more shots to a tank and less recoil (not that there is much), then go right ahead.

Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:11am

Hmm... The description under Tippmann.com for the lpk says a nitro tank and regulator is required. And if it's operating at a lower pressure, it would use less gas.

Originally posted by hugeopolix hugeopolix wrote:

The lpk doesn't help with consistency like HPA does. The lpk allows the gun to operate at a lower pressure while the HPA/nitro makes the gun more consistant. A LPK paired with HPA is the best thing you can do for your gun.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic