Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reducing blowback

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hugeopolix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hugeopolix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reducing blowback
    Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:40pm
on www.model98.net, there is a mod that is supposed to reduce blowback (it involves drilling holes).  it seems like it'd work really well while using co2 without the lpk, but would there be enough pressure to push the bolt back into position with the lpk?  I might try it, but i want to put an lpk on it in the future and i don't want to ruin my gun.
98c
flatline
x-chamber
polished internals
double trigger
magnetic return
r/t
12v revvy

lpk is garbage
e-bolt sucks

next: nitro
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:43pm
u mean millin grills or holes in the front of the gun, it will void ur warrnty and its not worth it use better paint and blow back isnt that bad, and LPK does not reduce blow back, it makes the gun run at a lower pressure, putting less stress on the ball, but its not blowback
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:59pm
You don't need to reduce blowback if you've got a good hopper. Also, it's only useful when you're about to run outta paint b/c the weight of the balls in the hopper hold them down.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Ruff Neck View Drop Down
Guested: Stupid spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruff Neck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 3:55pm
um i don't know worse come sto worse you can buy new receiver halves off countypaintball.com... i thnk they're 54 dollas
Tippmann 98c

-Flatline
-2xTrigger
-12v Revvy
-RVA + RCS
-Steel Bolts
-Trigger Stop
Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 4:42pm
There is no need to do any modification to your gun. A motorized hopper will solve most any loading problems you have.

The mod does not effect the blowback operation of your gun. Just don't do it.
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 4:51pm
dont do it. it isnt worth it
a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 4:56pm
That mod is absolutely worthless. Think about it. When the bolt is in the forward position firing the ball:

Fact 1: The bolt has an o-ring on it!!! No gas is going to leak!

Fact 2: When the bolt is in the forward position, IT COVERS UP THE HOLES completely negating drilling the holes in the first place!!

I have no idea how dense you have to be to do that mod...
GuambombO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuambombO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 5:09pm
I did it, I am running an lpk and I drilled 3 holes.(will show pics when i get them.)

Worked like a charm, i tested it buy taking the lid off my halo and putting tissues paper there, tissue didnt even move when i fired, pretty sweet.
FoShizzle View Drop Down

Strike 1, You had to put "ux" on the end

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FoShizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 6:25pm

LPK WILL lower your kick back, due to the fact that the gun will be operating at a lower pressure, making the bolt also function at the low pressure.

If you think about it, intimidators, if pressure gets too high, the kickback becomes greater, not only that, you risk chance of blowing your solonoid.

Purrrsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purrrsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:11am

dont do it!!!

it doesnt do anything at all. the performance of ur marker wont change.

also, you have to be incredibly precise. just one wrong move and ur gun is paralyzed. and once it is, tippmann isnt going to be able to save it.

Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:21am
I heard left-over gas from inside the barrel will come back into the gun and that's what blowback is. If that theory is true, you do need the holes. Or you can put a urethane oring on the front bolt and that's supposed to do the same job without drilling.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:52am
Originally posted by Boydster Boydster wrote:

I heard left-over gas from inside the barrel will come back into the gun and that's what blowback is. If that theory is true, you do need the holes. Or you can put a urethane oring on the front bolt and that's supposed to do the same job without drilling.

There already IS an o-ring on tippmann bolts.

Leftover air? The gas expands to atmosphere pressure in a matter of milliseconds. The ball is gone, the air is gone out the muzzle and porting. How is the air going to reverse its velocity to come back into the chamber?

Its a bogus mod. End of story.
Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 8:14am
Originally posted by GuambombO GuambombO wrote:

I did it, I am running an lpk and I drilled 3 holes.(will show pics when i get them.)

Worked like a charm, i tested it buy taking the lid off my halo and putting tissues paper there, tissue didnt even move when i fired, pretty sweet.

The HALO is a force feed loader. Even if there was significant blowback the downward pressure applied by your loader would negate it.

All you've done is opened a hole for debris to get in the gun.

Originally posted by hugeopolix hugeopolix wrote:

on www.model98.net, there is a mod that is supposed to reduce blowback (it involves drilling holes). it seems like it'd work really well while using co2 without the lpk, but would there be enough pressure to push the bolt back into position with the lpk? I might try it, but i want to put an lpk on it in the future and i don't want to ruin my gun.

You do not need to do this. If you have a motorized loader you shouldn't have any loading problems. Drilling holes in your gun is not the solution.

Edited by Greg Smith
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 8:49am

if u want to attempt it for some reason or another do wat Ruff Neck said and but new reciver halves from county, that way if u mess up, or ur not happy with it, u can just use the ones that u did not drill

TippmannEffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:44pm
I recently just trilled a few whole into my stock elbow feed reduce "blow back", If you do it right you can actually give the elbow a good look.
www.tippmannowners.com
check me out there
GuambombO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GuambombO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 2:31pm
Well I guess its all preference. I did, it worked, im happy with it. If you dont wanna take teh risk, you dont have to. The results, if done correctly, are amazing but like I said before, all preference.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic