Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

velocity screw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dead eye dan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dead eye dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: velocity screw
    Posted: 11 August 2004 at 12:40pm

could anyone help, i was wondering if the velocity screw on the A5 messes up the accurecy. I mean with  the air being restricted by the  screw rather than a regulated air input. it seems a waste of air and the turbulance caused by this screw could mess up the accurasy.

this probably dosent make sence too some but if it does then is there any way of getting rid off this screw.

im new dont laugh.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 12:59pm

Think of it this way:

If you open up the screw all the way, and thus "stop restricting airflow", you will be shooting at an incredible FPS. If you hit the wrong person at that speed, you will have bigger problems than accuracy.

And, I think, accuracy goes down as you increase the velocity. I don't believe that, but I keep the velocity low anyway.

Also, I don't think that you can keep the FPS regulated just by using a Regulator. I never really thought about it. Anyone else?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dead eye dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 1:17pm
yes i get what u say but i want to keep my fps down to 160-170 for accurecy but also get rid of that screw if poss.
A5
13"armson stelth
r/t
polished internals
air 3000psi
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 3:11pm
Ok, here goes:
The "turbulence" does not affect accuracy. The long tube where the bolt slides completely stabilizes the air after going around the screw. Air doesn't bounce, it flows. Like water. Turn on the faucet at your house and hold a straw through the water falling down. It goes around it, then continues going down normally.

You *could* just use a regulator, but you'd still ahve to leave that screw in. Otherwise, you'd have a huge gaping hole draining air out and cutting down on the pressure, so you'd have to lose air efficiency to keep the fps decent. Plus, your gun could get hit on the hole and slop paint into your gun.

If you leave it in, you might as well use it, because the lower psi could affect re-cocking, the cyclone [A-5 only], or an R/T (if you have one). I'd say if it works, leave it. And it works, and does not cause "turbulence" that affects accuracy.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Ruff Neck View Drop Down
Guested: Stupid spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruff Neck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 3:53pm
try a rear velocity adjuster?
Tippmann 98c

-Flatline
-2xTrigger
-12v Revvy
-RVA + RCS
-Steel Bolts
-Trigger Stop

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dead eye dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 4:40pm

ok thks sorry didnt mean get rid completly but have it right open and still controle the fps down to 160-170.

ok im new to this so what is a rear velocity adjuster is this the answer

A5
13"armson stelth
r/t
polished internals
air 3000psi
newone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 6:39am

I'm looking in to the same thing. this week I have a few things to try one is to try different springs to regulate the speed of the ball. tried to get a rear adjuster but out of stock (I will get one).

A-5
flatline
tippmann 14"(s) barrel
R/T & now the E-GRIP (accuracy by volume)
expansion chamber
bsa.red dot
polished internals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dead eye dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:31pm

no sorry messed up not 160-170 but 260-270 fps.

What is this rear velocity adjuster Ive been hearing about could anyone tell me what it does please and where it goes.

A5
13"armson stelth
r/t
polished internals
air 3000psi
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 12:41pm
You know the back of the gun where the two pins are that comes off and the bolt assembly slides out? Right behind the back of the trigger casing, under the MP5 rear sight- yeah thats it there- it just changes the tension on the spring and affects how long the valve is opened instead of restricting air flow.

I'm not 100% sure but I beleive a rear velocity adjuster can be more air efficient- the way it works is by volume- output capacity. Kind like filling a bathtub with a drain- if you have the drain opened all the way and turn on the water for 1 second, more goes down. If you have the drain half opened, the water goes out slower but uses the same amount- 1 second worth of water.

The RVA (Rear Velocity Adjuster) just changes how long you leave the bathtub faucet on- like if you leave the faucet on for .60 seconds instead of one second for the same flow output of the drain half blocked. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure.

Anyway, http://www.countypaintball.com
http://www.deadonpaintball.com
http://www.pbgear.com
Just go to Google and do a search for one, or go to almost any on-line store that sells Tippmann accesories. You could also check your local proshop.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2004 at 1:48pm
no need. after approx. 3" of barrel the air is perfectly evend out around the paintball no matter what, their wont be any bad effects from the velocity screw.

If your set on getting it out and keeping your marker at a safe velocity it MAY be possible with a Madman spring kit and RVA, but like I said the velocity screw doesn't hurt anything.
davey_crokkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey_crokkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 3:33pm
Rear volocity adjuster.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic