FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

doom 3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PaiNTbALLfReNzY View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Arsenal FC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaiNTbALLfReNzY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: doom 3
    Posted: 09 August 2004 at 8:54pm
i just got finished playing doom3 at my friends house. that is one cool game. The blood sprites change everytime so the blood is never the same.

definitely a good game, but it lagged on an FX5700 (go figure)
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 8:58pm
wow. The blood sprites change? thats crazy. ill have to check this game out.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
WANNA BE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WANNA BE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:13pm
i tool was doing a thing for doom 3 for xbox, is this true?
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:15pm
Never played it.  I'm happy with Americas Army and Battlefield.  Battlefield 2 is coming out next year!!!!!
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:17pm
My friend is madd obseesed witht hat game, but I dont see what is so great about it. I cant wait for battlefield 2 to come out also!
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:20pm
Ugh.  I finished Doom 3 and aside from being easy on the eyes, it's no more than a tribute game to all the other doom games and a way to show off the engine.

After the first few hours, it's just the same drawn out formula of going from room to room, doing stupid missions, only to find your way blocked and magically have an alternate route to take.  Rinse and repeat for 20 hours.

I read a good review of doom the other day:

"No problems runnin on my PC, but the gameplay is so boring, with little interaction, repetitive plots, and unrewarding progression. It's almost easier when you're drunk, because you don't over-analyze your objectives, where to go, or what to kill."

Doom 3 is kind of like a super-model, sure they look good, but once you get her home and starting playing with her for more than a few hours, you end up wanting to un-install her, put her cd's back in the box she came, and fire up Alpha Centuari.

"Don't you hate pants?"
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:33pm
pretty good game but its like most shooters.do the objectives.but the graphiscs r nice.
Jeremy578 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Retarded filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:35pm
Well of course the graphics are nice. But I wasnt really into doom games in the first place.
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:05pm
Good game...I want Quake 4...NOW!
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Doesn’t Want Sex With The Drunk Chick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:34pm
Hey, I like it. My type of game. It's fun and kills time.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:38pm
i dont like Doom...i just dont see whats so good about it....but i really like RPG's and dont play many shooters
kwkmrorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:48pm

I was reading a revie of Doom 3 and somehow it got an 8.5 and the only thing that was posotive that they mentioned was the graphics does anyone else find that a bit odd? For the most part the review read like funky's post.

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:53pm
I've played it briefly and Im going to have to agree with Funky, so far all it has going for it is the graphics, I'll definitely play it a little bit more before I give up on it completely.

Definitely doesn't warrant the price.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic