Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Erm, Where did KRL go?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
-The Unknown- View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:34am
The only mods still around are SandMan and Enos...
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:44am
Originally posted by maroon out maroon out wrote:

I heard that KRL left because some of the older mods (mostly OMHW) yelled at him for "ruining the forum" with his scrict rules.

I could be wrong though

thats precisly the way I figured it. He just plain got sick of getting ragged on because the OMHW thought they owned this forum.

I hope hes still lurking around on the forum somewhere with a new name or something.
Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:50am

Now we're left with Enos and SandMan as our Mods? .

I appoint Hades as our next Mod!

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
sort View Drop Down
I make no sense. Then I argue about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:59am

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

I heard that KRL left because some of the older mods (mostly OMHW) yelled at him for "ruining the forum" with his scrict rules.

I could be wrong though

thats precisly the way I figured it. He just plain got sick of getting ragged on because the OMHW thought they owned this forum.

I hope hes still lurking around on the forum somewhere with a new name or something.

Hmmm....it was my understanding that the OMHW decided to seek better company elsewhere a long, long time ago.....at least that's how it was explained to me.

Revelations 6:8--It's not revenge, it's Punishment.
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by sort sort wrote:

I heard that KRL left because some of the older mods (mostly OMHW) yelled at him for "ruining the forum" with his scrict rules. I could be wrong though
thats precisly the way I figured it. He just plain got sick of getting ragged on because the OMHW thought they owned this forum. I hope hes still lurking around on the forum somewhere with a new name or something.

Hmmm....it was my understanding that the OMHW decided to seek better company elsewhere a long, long time ago.....at least that's how it was explained to me.

supposodly, but they still try to control this forum too.

S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 12:16pm
The forum IS becoming kind of boring now. I haven't seen a promotion in months. I have seen multiple demotions though.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 12:17pm
Yea..we need some promotions. Also we need KRL and hway back, this place is goin to the dumps.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 12:36pm
Uhm you guys realize the promote/demote is still broken?
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:29pm
Yea, but when is it going to be fixed?
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:33pm
He was recalled. They're making a new, updated model: KRL15.2

This one will require less maintenance and won't short-circuit and go on as many killing sprees.

Edited by Homer J
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:38pm
KRL's with Rick James..Enos, I love that sig.
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Benjichang Benjichang wrote:

KRL's with Rick James..Enos, I love that sig.

Not funny...
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:50pm

Holy shizzlemynizzlefreewizzle. Im seeing gold members coming out of nowhere.

I dont know, I like the forum now. Promotions BAH, we dont need no stinking promotions...

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

Holy shizzlemynizzlefreewizzle. Im seeing gold members coming out of nowhere.

I dont know, I like the forum now. Promotions BAH, we dont need no stinking promotions...

there haven't been any promotions in months. like enos said, the script to do it doesn't work..

Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:07pm

What I ment was I havent seen some of these gold members before. Like that Sammy guy....I dont know him.

/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:08pm

What I ment was I havent seen some of these gold members before. Like that Sammy guy....I dont know him.

Sammy's been here forever.
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:08pm

consider yourself lucky...
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:13pm
I miss him as a person, but I can't believe people are whining about the forum going downhill.. wasn't it going downhill when the mods were freaking out and everyone was whining about it being too strict?

I think with the new language filter and all, the forum has calmed down and the average maturity level is a bit closer to an adult age, with all the complaining about rules gone.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:16pm

I could be wrong though

dude, don't blow my cover.....uh, what I meant was.....maybe he's sick....yeh

ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:21pm
The core members of OMHW are also the oldest members of the forum. For the most part, that's how OMHW got started. So it's really not about OMHW at all. It's about tenure.

I won't go much into what all happened, but KRL did decide to significantly reduce his activity here. I thought I'd seen him post in the Moderators forum in the last couple of weeks, but it may have been as long ago as 7/4.

The decision to relax the language rules came from Tippmann, who has hired another employee to help our fearless Administrator with the forum. In large part, all the moderators are operating under the same rules now.

But I don't expect we'll see much of KRL anymore. It's a pitty. The whole thing was a bad scenario.
Real Men Love Cheeses
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic