FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mountain Bikers Check This Out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

they both suck.

get a norco

http://www.norco.com/bikes/2004bikes/sasquatch.htm

that will take anything you can throw at it

I'm sorta with andy on this.

I don't think either one of those bikes is "better" than the other. Almost all of the specs are exactly the same. So, when you say look at the specs, not the brand, it is impossible. You have to look at the brand because the specs are almost identical.

Its like buying a spyder. All the specs are the same, you just pick the one you think looks better.

The bike that andy linked to will be better than both of those bikes. It might be a little heavier, but not by much.

I personally am a big fan of giant bikes. There are two in my household. One is older, which is mine, one is about 2 months old and is my sisters. Hers is heavier, even though it is newer, but it is really nice. The shifting is so smooth, and those disc brakes own my normal rim-squeezers.

Speaking of disc brakes, I would get the norco bike just because the rotors are 2 inches bigger. 6 inch rotors get to hot. If you are going to do single track riding, you are probably doing a lot of braking. You want those brakes as cool as you can ge tthem.

err giants are great untill you be hard on them.

my friend had a RM7 and he broke it dirt jumping for about 2 hours.

there head tubes are not that great eather. seen sooooooo many of them break
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:05pm

Yeah i have to get a job for my Kona $2800.

Normally I make enough from birthday and working around the house to get like a $500 or $600 bike.

**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Fast Splat Fast Splat wrote:

Yeah i have to get a job for my Kona $2800.

ive had 2 konas. i wasnot that impressed with them. one got a huge dent in the frame from one crash. and it wasent ever a big crash.

i find konas over priced. if you were in canada i would recoment oryx bikes. i love my DD66. super stiff frame. 4130 chromolly frame thats hand welded

i have the tires at 65 psi right now for urban riding
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:23pm

they both suck.

get a norco

I don't think either one of those bikes is "better" than the other. Almost all of the specs are exactly the same. So, when you say look at the specs, not the brand, it is impossible. You have to look at the brand because the specs are almost identical.

Its like buying a spyder. All the specs are the same, you just pick the one you think looks better.

The bike that andy linked to will be better than both of those bikes. It might be a little heavier, but not by much.

I personally am a big fan of giant bikes. There are two in my household. One is older, which is mine, one is about 2 months old and is my sisters. Hers is heavier, even though it is newer, but it is really nice. The shifting is so smooth, and those disc brakes own my normal rim-squeezers.

Speaking of disc brakes, I would get the norco bike just because the rotors are 2 inches bigger. 6 inch rotors get to hot. If you are going to do single track riding, you are probably doing a lot of braking. You want those brakes as cool as you can ge tthem.

giant doesnt make rm7s. what kind of giant?most people ride a certain brand bike that its not designed for like freeriding with an xc bike, then they break it and say the company sucks.

Edited by youm0nt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

they both suck.

get a norco

giant doesnt make rm7s. what kind of giant?most people ride a certain brand bike that its not designed for like freeriding with an xc bike, then they break it and say the company sucks.

crap i ment rocky mountain RM7's

i found that giant and rocky mountain dont have strong bikes
nouseforaname wrote:

S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:36pm
I haven't had more then a couple problems with mine. But I am not rough on it, I just jump jumps on the trail.

There are two problems that I have had.

One, cables stretch, so I had to readjust everything, but that is normal.

Two, my sister rear ended me hardcore (that doesnt sound good) and made the rear derailur go all out of wack. But I fixed that too myself. No new parts ever.

Should I get pics...hmmmmm....
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:44pm
sure. i can only spend like 600 bucks on a bike for now. i nned to know which one sounds better.
I LIKE BIKES!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic