Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Single BY GREEN DAY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:26pm
Actually, I think people going around with lame names like "emo_punk" on random forums are ruining the whole "scene". I went to a show the other night with a couple of real punk bands, and I know for a fact that if you walked in and labeled yourself emo or some stupid crap like that you'd get the hell beaten out of you.

Good Lord, labels are so ridiculous... just be yourself and dress how you want to. Emo is probably the worst out of all of them, the ideal "emo-kid" is always depressed. Sounds like a promising goal, emo_punk.

Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:27pm
I like Green Day now.  I downloaded, I mean "legaly aquired" some of their songs and I really like them.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
emo_punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emo_punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 9:42pm
Actually, I think people going around with lame names like "emo_punk" on random forums are ruining the whole "scene". I went to a show the other night with a couple of real punk bands, and I know for a fact that if you walked in and labeled yourself emo or some stupid crap like that you'd get the hell beaten out of you.

Good Lord, labels are so ridiculous... just be yourself and dress how you want to. Emo is probably the worst out of all of them, the ideal "emo-kid" is always depressed. Sounds like a promising goal, emo_punk.

ow, that really hurt my feelings...im gonna go listen to some emo and cry now...haha.  but, you guys really need to respect other peoples opinions...and not rag on their music or the person themselfs.  I named myself that cause i like emo, punk, rock, metal, alternative...almost anything. Im not as biased as my name suggests.  another thing, im not depressed, im perfectally happy, i just listen to emo cause its good.  hell, i like neil young, santana, los lobos, and the los lonely boys.  so people, if there isn't a negative theme to a post then don't start negative things on it.  there are too many negative things in the world as it is for a PAINTBALL FORUM where you're supposed to emmerse youreself in conversation about paintball and other topics happily with other people around the world.  So, please, im just asking you guys to lay the **** off.  and if you don't have something good to say and if the topic angers you then just click away from the conversation and go to another one...cause it really is rude to go around slamming people for what they like or dislike.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion and thats the best part of america in my OPINION, freedom of speech.  So, i guess, go ahead and ruin this thread with hateful words, but remeber what ive typed here tonight and ask yourself if a negative, hateful person is the person you want to be.  I'm gonna leave this place now.  I thought that this would be a place with intelligent people, and i always give things a chance, there are some nice people who did just click away from this thread because of the words exchanged here.  So i hope you guys are happy with youreselfs...
I snuck up on the bunkered enemy wondering if i should ask him to surender...naw...
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 9:44pm
We are intelligent people, you're just not one of them.

Go cut yourself or something depressing.
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 9:49pm
The Ramones are a punk band...

Green Day is not... They are alternative...
Shaft!
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

I like Dookie, but admit it Greenday is the epitome of pop punk.

Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

We are intelligent people, you're just not one of them.

Go cut yourself or something depressing.

"Don't you hate pants?"
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 11:26pm
dont be so emo about it.

I think your girl pants are cutting off blood return.

Woodzball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodzball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 11:37pm

Go Green Day!  Woo Hoo!

Edited by Woodzball
If you really suck, dont even try
Big Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:59am
IS there any website where I can go to listen to it? Please give me a link.
The Hotttnesssss
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:51am

Early Greenday is ok I guess. But as others have said, they really are more pop/alternetive.

BTW, I find if funny what people on here have said. "OMGAWD PUNK ESH TEH SUX AFI SIMPLE PLAN GOOD SHARROLEET SUX".

Ok, Afi, Simple Plan, Good Charolette, Blink 182, All of them are Emo and Pop. Not Punk.

I reccomend some Ramones, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Misfits, Casualties, Rancid, Op Ivy, Bad Religion, The Briggs, Dropkick Murphys, Left Alone, The Decendents, Just somthing that is not written about whining girlfriends or is splattered over every 12 year old's T-Shirt.

Yeah, I wear D.ickies pants and Converse shoes. Sue me.

Edited by Tae Kwon Do

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:07pm
First off, Taking Back Sunday is not punk.They are alternative rock and have some great songs. Blink 182 is pop, but i think they are funny as hell. The new stuff is popy, but there are a few songs on the Cd I like. Back to topic, Green Day is good. I really don't care how you classify them, but it's some good stuff. Anyway, I would like to make a point that no one will agree with, or take seriously for that matter, but is most likely correct 9/10 times. When your mood changes (let's say that you are really happy because you just won a paintball tourney), are you gonna want to listen to a bunch of depressed people whine about being a loser? And if your gf leaves you, are you gonna want to listen to a bunch of people talking about how life is good? Id be willing to bet that as your mood changes, you will be more open to listening to different songs and type of music. If I am feeling a bit more Redneck than usual, I might listen to country. If I am angry, or whatever, I listen to rock. I like to listen to "Eye Of The Tiger" before a football game. That mixed with a little "In the air tonight" by Phil Collins. If you crazy people listen to Vocal Chord tearing metal after something great, have it your way.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic