Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Should we be in Iraq

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Dayton View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 07 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 47
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 3:06pm
 Yes they should of helped us i think we are safer in the world without SADDAm and Enos Shenk do not call us american's idiot's .
Back to Top
Bradlee-Kick'n View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradlee-Kick'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 6:29pm
I think we should get out of there Bush went in without the UN he only had that one guy from England to back us i forget his name, but the biggest reason Bush went over there is for the oil.  He is trying to make the American people think we need to stay there because election time is coming up and Americans don't usually elect other presidents during a war and he knows he doesn't have anything going for him.
a-5
flatline
m16 stock
response trigger
drop forward
Back to Top
Homer J View Drop Down
Member
Member

Strike 2 for drug related images

Joined: 22 March 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4673
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Bradlee-Kick'n Bradlee-Kick'n wrote:

I think we should get out of there Bush went in without the UN he only had that one guy from England to back us i forget his name, but the biggest reason Bush went over there is for the oil.  He is trying to make the American people think we need to stay there because election time is coming up and Americans don't usually elect other presidents during a war and he knows he doesn't have anything going for him.

Only England? And only one person living in England?

Try:
Afghanistan
Albania
Angola
Australia
Azerbaijan
Bulgaria
Colombia
Costa Rica
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
El Salvador
Eritrea
Estonia
Ethiopia
Georgia
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Japan
Kuwait
Latvia
Lithuania
Macedonia
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Mongolia
Netherlands
Nicaragua
Palau
Panama
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Rwanda
Singapore
Slovakia
Solomon Islands
South Korea
Tonga
Turkey
Uganda
Ukraine
United Kingdom
United States
Uzbekistan

kthx.

Edited by Homer J
Back to Top
Solipsism View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
300 million WHAT?!

Joined: 11 February 2004
Location: Japan
Status: Offline
Points: 1850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Slothbutt Slothbutt wrote:





Private Joker said that in Full Metal Jacket.
Back to Top
Bradlee-Kick'n View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradlee-Kick'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:18pm
Homer J if you can't comprehend what i was saying you don't need to be in an adult conversation so just don't post again.  I was meaning the "guy" from England is the only person backing our decision to go to Iraq out of the United Union
a-5
flatline
m16 stock
response trigger
drop forward
Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 8:19pm

Bradlee -

I suspect that Homer understood your point fully, but was simply pointing out the flaws therein.  While Tony Blair may be the most visible foreign supporter of Bush's, he is certainly not the only one.

By your statement you are dismissing the opinions of all non-heads-of-state who may happen to agree with Bush.  There are certainly many Bush supporters in England - Blair isn't the only one.

Moreover, you are flat out WRONG as to general international support.  You might recall that little train bombing in Spain this spring,  coinciding nicely with the reelection efforts of the PRO-Bush President of Spain.

Each of those countries listed by Bush sent troops or support to Iraq, and many of them voted for the invasion to begin with.

While Bush may have invaded Iraq without UN blessing, it was hardly without international support.

 

Back to Top
Jeremy578 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 2 - Retarded filter dodge

Joined: 05 June 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1796
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Slothbutt Slothbutt wrote:



Back to Top
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Joined: 07 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3588
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 8:26pm

Just remember:

WWJB.



Back to Top
Bradlee-Kick'n View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradlee-Kick'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 11:38pm
im filling tention
a-5
flatline
m16 stock
response trigger
drop forward
Back to Top
Bradlee-Kick'n View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 13
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradlee-Kick'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 11:46pm
Clark Kent is just trying to sound intelligent and yes i know about the bombing in Spain i was there at the time.  And i watch, as well as all of my family, the news and keep up.  It was mostly just us over in Iraq your wrong about every country helping out.  But we didnt go over in Iraq for Saddam all Bush wanted was the oil.  He's a wealthy little daddy's boy who doesn't care about the middle class society.  If you watched the Democratic Convention Bill Clinton said that Bush's tax cut finally helped out the for him because he sold millions of copie's of his book.  The tax rate for every person in middle class and below is 33%, and the richer peoples tax cut is at 18%.  So if i was you i wouldn't be sticking up for that simplistic so called president.
a-5
flatline
m16 stock
response trigger
drop forward
Back to Top
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Dayton Dayton wrote:

 Yes they should of helped us i think we are safer in the world without SADDAm and Enos Shenk do not call us american's idiot's .


Dude americans ARE idiots. Not all of them, just the average idiot. Why do you think so many movies have formulaic plots? because if they put in any depth or complexity, the average idiot would be sitting there in the theater saying "huh? i dont get it"

Why do you think windows comes with about 500 billion little annoying newb-helpers that prevent you from breaking (read: doing any real work on) your computer.

Why do you think stupid tv shows like survivor or boot camp are popular?

Why do you think the atkins diet is such a big fad?

Why do you think huge SUVs were such a big thing, until people with sense finally realized how dumb it was?
Back to Top
Dayton View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 07 August 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 47
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:10am
just dont call us idiots were are you from CANADA?
98 custom= $134
Flatty= $117
Remoteline= $34
hopper= $5
20oz co2= $23

Back to Top
Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
An Hero

Joined: 27 March 2004
Location: Neutral Zone
Status: Offline
Points: 3898
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:14am
Yay, I'm not an idiot!  I do agree, that a lot of Americans are stupid, and that's coming from an American.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
Back to Top
Deflateddog7 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 21 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 12
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deflateddog7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 6:38am

we shouldnt be ther now.. go see if the guy has any weapons than get out of there.. we should have left right after we found sadam.. Now that weve stayed there weve lost a lot of our soldiers lives, other countries soldiers have died too, and we've been spending our taxes on the Iraquian people  when we have people over here who are starving and living on welfare

Back to Top
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8716
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 7:29am

Originally posted by Bradlee-Kick'n Bradlee-Kick'n wrote:

  It was mostly just us over in Iraq your wrong about every country helping out. 

It is mostly us in Iraq - yes.  But wrong about other countries helping out?  This website lists some of the numbers involved:  http://www.geocities.com/pwhce/willing.html

There are currently more than 30 countries with personnel in Iraq.  Granted the large majority of those troops are American, that does not lessen the fact of support at all.

Quote

But we didnt go over in Iraq for Saddam all Bush wanted was the oil. 

This whole "war for oil" argument never made any sense, and doesn't deserve an actual response.

Quote  He's a wealthy little daddy's boy who doesn't care about the middle class society.  If you watched the Democratic Convention Bill Clinton said that Bush's tax cut finally helped out the for him because he sold millions of copie's of his book.  The tax rate for every person in middle class and below is 33%, and the richer peoples tax cut is at 18%. 

And this has what to do with Iraq?

Quote  So if i was you i wouldn't be sticking up for that simplistic so called president.

Am I sticking up for Bush?  I don't think so, at least not yet.  So far I am simply defending the world from your false statements.

Speaking of which - whether Bush is "simplistic" may be a matter of opinion, but there is nothing "so-called" about his Presidency."  GWB is in fact the current President of the United States of America.

 

Back to Top
rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Dead man...

Joined: 02 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 8925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:39am
There are few things I'd like to adress here, but since I don't feel like quoting a bunch of people, I'll just adress their statements, if you've read the thread you'll know what I'm refering to.

Attacking another country without the consent or support of the UN is nothing new. Remember Kosovo? Clinton did quite a few things like that without backing from the UN. There's a precedent for it.

If you don't know who Tony Blair is, I find it difficult to believe that you have enough knowledge of the situation to make you worth argueing with.

There are no Iraqians. There are Iraqis,and there are Iranians. Iranians are from Iran, Iraqis are from Iraq.

There is no United Union. There's a United Kingdom, a United States, and there's a United Nations. United Union is just redundant.

As for the "Cut and Run" strategy many of you favor, since one way or another, this war was fough in hopes of making this country more secure, either ecenomically by giving us acess to cheap oil(haha), or to keep Saddam from developing WMD, or using any WMD he may have had against his neighbors or people(again), or providing terrorists with WMD to use against us, or intelligence and aid to help them attack us, wouldn't cutting our losses and just pulling out of Iraq make it have been a total waste of time, money, and lives? Face it, leaving Iraq right now isn't in the cards. The country would most likely break out into civil war and leave us with another despot to remove 30 years from now, or it'd end up as a failed state and a terrorist haven. Maybe even an Islamic State, or maybe Iran would try to annex it. All of those scenarios would be bad for us, if not immediatly(it would be immediatly worse for the Iraqis) then in a few years.
All of those scenarios were possibilities before the war and very likely would have happened when Saddam eventually died. But we would have had a much harder time of preventing them had we not invaded. Face it, something needed to be done eventually before things got worse. If we cut and run, it will encourage terrorists and the regiems we are currently having trouble with and make an even bigger mess than we have now.
Back to Top
fractus.scud View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
well I have no title

Joined: 23 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:50am

Originally posted by Bradlee-Kick'n Bradlee-Kick'n wrote:

Clark Kent is just trying to sound intelligent and yes i know about the bombing in Spain i was there at the time.  And i watch, as well as all of my family, the news and keep up.  It was mostly just us over in Iraq your wrong about every country helping out.  But we didnt go over in Iraq for Saddam all Bush wanted was the oil.  He's a wealthy little daddy's boy who doesn't care about the middle class society.  If you watched the Democratic Convention Bill Clinton said that Bush's tax cut finally helped out the for him because he sold millions of copie's of his book.  The tax rate for every person in middle class and below is 33%, and the richer peoples tax cut is at 18%.  So if i was you i wouldn't be sticking up for that simplistic so called president.

somebody needs to calm down. We didnt go there for the oil brainiac, we didnt take their oil and we won't. Were trying to give them a new govt. That's why we kicked out Saddam, so they can get a new leader and live in a democratic society like us, we didnt go there for oil. If Kerry taxes rich people that will prevent middle class citizens from moving up to a higher class. But I must agree with Enos, Americans are messed up. Im American, and the crap people watch on TV, my gosh. And of course they said stuff about Bush at the Democratic convention, what did you think they were going to support him



Edited by fractus.scud

Benny go home!
Back to Top
Homer J View Drop Down
Member
Member

Strike 2 for drug related images

Joined: 22 March 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4673
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:55am
In the 300,000 of these threads that have popped up since the regime toppled, no one has answered these questions:

Where's all the oil?
Why are gas prices pushin toward $2/gal or more?
Wouldn't we have taken the oil and bailed by now? Why would we spend billions to rebuild a country we were just going to rob anyway?


Basically:
STOP USING THE OIL ARGUEMENT. IT IS NOT AN INTELLIGENT ARGUEMENT. It's just the easiest thing to say for all the 15 year olds with anarchy t-shirts.

Edited by Homer J
Back to Top
kwkmrorange View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 December 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 950
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:11am

Well whether or not tey should have gone in ss a different story and it dosnt matter much anymore since were there. One thing I can't shake though is why Bush isnt being impeached for going in when all the intelligent reports were false. No one seems to even care. But moving on. I think that the U.S. has to stay. Because  Iraq does not yet have a police or military force large enough to be able to police and control their own country. And the U.S. can't just leave because someone even worse than Saddam will just take over and we will be right back where we started. So like it or not the U.S. will be in Iraq for years to come. It does help though that with Iraw governing its self it can make choices like imposing martial law and the Iraqis cannot be mad at the U.S. because it is their government that is making these decisions.

One thing I think would be very funny though would be if Saddam was proven not guilty and was therfor a free man. If he went back to Iraq ran for president and won. Because the U.S. would have no legal way of stopping him.

Back to Top
Homer J View Drop Down
Member
Member

Strike 2 for drug related images

Joined: 22 March 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4673
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:50am
Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

Well whether or not tey should have gone in ss a different story and it dosnt matter much anymore since were there. One thing I can't shake though is why Bush isnt being impeached for going in when all the intelligent reports were false. No one seems to even care. But moving on. I think that the U.S. has to stay. Because  Iraq does not yet have a police or military force large enough to be able to police and control their own country. And the U.S. can't just leave because someone even worse than Saddam will just take over and we will be right back where we started. So like it or not the U.S. will be in Iraq for years to come. It does help though that with Iraw governing its self it can make choices like imposing martial law and the Iraqis cannot be mad at the U.S. because it is their government that is making these decisions.


One thing I think would be very funny though would be if Saddam was proven not guilty and was therfor a free man. If he went back to Iraq ran for president and won. Because the U.S. would have no legal way of stopping him.


Bush isn't directly in charge of the CIA. Intel doesn't come to him first. It goes through many channels. Whenever the CIA or any other agency picks something up, the president is probably one of the last people told.

And also, the President isn't the sole leader of the country. There is something called Congress, which gave the authority to invade. The President can't do very much without Congressional permission.

Edited by Homer J
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.233 seconds.