Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

is the a-5 worth getting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tippy_boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: is the a-5 worth getting
    Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:26pm

I have a tippmann 98c and I was wondering if its worth getting the tippmann a-5

†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:27pm
sure...

uh, i did just that, and I kinda like the 98c more...
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:28pm
how long have u had ur 98 tippy boy?
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:33pm

I say stay with the 98c and upgraded e bolt, low pressure kit, the works

tippy_boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:34pm

I got it in the spring

Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:39pm
dont change guns so soon! upgrades my friend! the 98 is pimped out if its fully upgraded, plus y would u get rid of it so soon?
tippy_boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:44pm

because I heard good things about it.

Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:45pm
there is alot of bad things to.
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 12:54am
If you want a cool lookin gun and is faster then get the a5. i am gonna keep my 98 and get a a5 too.
I LIKE BIKES!
plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:23am

instead, use the 300$ u were going to spend on a A5 to buy some stuff fer ur 98C. a palmer male reg....new barrel...rocket cock...better trigger setup...etc. also, the A5 does have its good sides, but its got some bad sides too. for example, gas hog...also, if one paintball accidentaly breaks in the cyclone, ur gonna get a paint blender. and such. stick with the 98C.

The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 1:30pm
nah, dont worry about the cylone breakin a ball. keep your 98 as a backup so if your a5 does break a ball then you could just use the 98. thats my plan.
I LIKE BIKES!
Tippmann_Werks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_Werks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 1:37pm

yeah...one thing I'd like to add is Don't get the A-5 if your looking to get just a faster gun. 

Although its true that the cyclone WILL feed faster then the 98 does, you will see that many professionals (Tippmann Effect) have done hopper mods to their A-5's so that they can reach the effect of the Halo B hoppers.  Not only is this because the Halo B will not fit the cyclone, but also because the cyclone will simply not feed as fast as a A-5 w/ Halo B will.  Simply work on the 98 a bit, and you can pretty much reach a same BPS speed as the A-5.  As to how to perform the Hopper mod to an A-5...i don't know.

My suggestion is to stick with the 98 unless you absolutely MUST have the A-5.  If you havn't done anything to your 98, it could be a good idea, considering that the E-Grip is 100$ less then the 98 E-Bolt, and plus you won't have to purchase a Motorized Hopper for the A-5.  Still, i've given you my suggestion, stick with the custom

Unofficial Tippmann On-Field Spokesperson
-Bunkering Non-Tippmann users since 1999
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 2:04pm
get the a-5, my dad just got a 98c and i have had an a-5 for a while, the a-5 is alot easier to work with and most of the rumors about the a-5 are false, the a-5 really is a huge step up from the 98c

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
g-bilt shibby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g-bilt shibby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 3:18pm
I HAD a 98c till it got stolen so I am saving up for an A-5 w rt a good barrel undecided though x-chamber remote and belt

I really like my friends A-5 with that stuff but I could still paint him up with a good stratigy (sp)

but a 98 with upgrades and a a-5 with upgrades would cost about the same if the A-5 was used (ebay)
The difference between the possible and impossible is determination.
cougarelite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cougarelite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 3:26pm
Well both guns are great... I have a Tippmann 98 Custom, and have never tried an A-5 but I have heard great things about it. If I were you I'd probably just spend your money on good upgrades like a new barrel. Just my opinion though.

Tippmann 98 Custom Black
12" Lapco Bigshot
16 oz co2

The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 6:26pm
the a5 is a better gun, end of story. it is a very reliable gun. the people who say not to get it are the ones that are mad because they cant afford it. i cant afford it but i have used one and  i would pick it over my 98 anyday.
I LIKE BIKES!
soonerdude05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soonerdude05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 6:37pm
I have tried both the A-5 and 98C and I prefer the A-5.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:33pm
exactly
I LIKE BIKES!
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:40pm
I would stay with your 98. One reason is because of the E- Bolt, which in my opinion, is a lot better then an E- Grip.Plus, you can have any hopper you want with a 98. I would stcik with your 98 and just upgrade until it breaks.(higley unlikely that a 98 will break.)
AKA Excalibur
Crossfire 68/4000
Halo B

CELTIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CELTIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 8:06pm
I just got the A-5 and I love it.It feels solid and shoots good right out of the box.
DONT RUN. YOU'LL ONLY DIE TIRED.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic