FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hmm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hmm
    Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:04am
Someone want to explain why the word g a y is censored on here? Alot of the time, it isn't being used as a vulgar reference, so I was just wondering, whats the deal?
flash View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Sir Flash, Lord of the Fagotto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:33am
It's just as, in the 20's, you'd be shot if you said 'pregnant' on the air....
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:52am
flash's title is so insanely **edited** that it's awesome.

flash View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Sir Flash, Lord of the Fagotto

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:58am
lol, you've been tricked by it too. The **edited**otto is the istrument I play. It's Italian. In English, the Bassoon.

Sorry, it's kinda big

Edited by flash
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 9:31am
In the modern age the word has been adopted as a slur in any way or use. It would be like using "ass" to refer to a donkey, or the "B-word" to refer to a female dog. Even if you are using that referrence, it still offends most people and is considerred impolite.

JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:03am
you see they have to edit that because its usally said as a slur but i think you can still say homosexual because that word is usually used in the proper way
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:05am
Because admins went a little nuts with the new filter software.
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:44am
Choppie: Seeing your posts makes me feel so **edited**.

Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:47pm
LOL, what new software , did they git the old software fixed ?, or is that still broke , for banning IP's and Star machine and such ? , Hmm ,,, Whats up wit Dat ??
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:52pm

ah, for a **edited** carefree spring day in the park...

Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

Because admins went a little nuts with the new filter software.
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:20pm
idk if its still the same. but you couldnt say cocker a little while ago... refering to an autococker

Edited by A-5 bunkerking
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

In the modern age the word has been adopted as a slur in any way or use. It would be like using "ass" to refer to a donkey, or the "B-word" to refer to a female dog. Even if you are using that referrence, it still offends most people and is considerred impolite.

Not always true, homosexuals use the word themselves, it is in organizations names/ titles, uncensored on tv everywhere. Yes, it CAN have negative connotations, usually coming from the uneducated, but alot of the time, its not. I see it as saying "Car" rather than the type of car you have. follow?
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:51pm
Not sure why...i think its stupid that its edited i say it daily lol if i think somethings stupid i call it...erm...yeah that word thats not allowd but this forum has alot of pointless rules

meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:00pm
the mods hate us thats why....

GUN WHORE
XTC
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:38pm

hmmm **edited****edited****edited****edited**

hehehehe, I love editting software.

www.**edited**.com

links work....**edited**lordfocker....

^^never mind.

Edited by Monk
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 4:27pm
What Koolit said.

Also, it's funny that the word "suspi.cious" is edited, because the letters s-p-i-c are an insult. Ditto for our current Vice President's first name *ahem*.

I must admit, seeing "Auto**edited**er every 5 posts was hysterical for me.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic