FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

most difficult sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: most difficult sports
    Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:32pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/sportSkills?sort=total_ rank#grid

discuss.im biased towards pro cycling as hardest/ but all sports are hard in one way or another.

Edited by youm0nt
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:34pm

its gotta be hockey,

1-learn to skate, not everone can skate

2-learn all the different aspects of hockey ie checking shooting skating passing and much much more

3-doing 1 and 2 at the same time while wearing all that gear

Thats my opinion

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:36pm
Boxing.
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:37pm

It would be hard to figure that one out.

But in the end, I would think that boxing and martial arts would be the "hardest" sports. They demand more from your body than any other sport and you have to be able to think on your feet faster than you do in any other sport.

Top 3 for me would be:

Boxing

Martial Arts

Wrestling

In that order.

Just my $0.02

newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:38pm
Probably Rugby

matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:39pm
cycling, for long distances would be a pain...but boxing is probably the most demanding.
Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:41pm

"creating mass-genecide is the most challenging activity anyone could ever endure....except for soccer." Matt Damon, Dogma

Where's paintball.....or is espn even considering it a sport yet?

ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:44pm
Fishing is pretty hard, you gotta get up early, and get your stuff together, and wait for the fish. It's pretty hard.

Coming in May 2005!
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:45pm
I was going to say boxing and ice hockey lol...they require the most skills and talent and to be in top shape at all times

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:45pm
^^it sucks when the fist ends up eating you too, sometimes that happens
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:48pm
Billiards.

Edited by Multi-Colored J
X
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:51pm
Bowling

Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:51pm
I agree that boxing is the most demanding. Some of the sports (i.e. basketball and football) requires different abilities for different positions. A point guard has to be much faster, more agile, but less powerful than a center.
I don't have a sig anymore
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:14pm
kick the can.... man that can wont stay still. its so hard!
kwkmrorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:21pm
My opinon is rugby. Not only are you running for a whole hour straight, but when you stop running its because your pushing a huge mass of people. You also have no pads so your body is constnaly being battered and bruised through the game. I dont think I had one game this year where afterwards I wasnt limping.
woodsballer87 View Drop Down

Acme All-Purpose Member Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:52pm
out of all of those i would say bull riding. i mean c'mon...the chances of getting impailed by a horn are crazy... i would like to add almost anything with dirtbikes and/or quads. specificly freestyle stuff.

Edited by woodsballer87

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:56pm

That thing is so off on quite a few places. First, swimming is in no way easier than

-tennis(other than the ball coming at you and needing somewhat quick reflexes)
-basketball
-baseball(this is top 10 why?)
-water polo
-pole vault(might look scary to other people, but to the ones who are good at it its not, and you only need to be able to do a pull up with some extra weight)
-speed skating(need some skill but not like swimming)
-figure skating(same as speed skating)
-badminton(???how is this harder than anything?)
-auto racing(although there is much more at stake, making it scarier)
-long jump, or tripple jump.

Ok, now that i have said that, lets go over the certain "skills" needed such as nerve, and all that crap.

Endurance-swimming got the highest on this, just like it should. Trust me, there is nothing like swimming 200 yards as fast as possible using every muscle in your body. 

Strength-swimming got just about where it deserved on this also. while you dont need to be as strong as Mr Ray lewis, you do need alot of muscle tone, and alot of muscle to propel you through that water.

Power-sadly, swimming(distance) got what it deserved on this one too. Its an endurance race, so the use of prodicing strength in the shortest amount of time possible is not to high.

Speed-ok, despite swimming distance being a, well, distance race, speed is needed. Its not like a long stride is gonna get you as far as it would in running or cycling, and the water pushes on you from close to every direction if you arent in firts by a long shot, so you still need to move quickly while using that strength you need. I think it deserves another half point there.

Agility-when doing the flip turn on that wall, you need to be able to get off that wall as quickly as possible, as well as off that starting block. Thos are the two reasons micheal phelps has trouble with beating Ian Thorpe. I would have given swimming a 2 points higher, because even in long distance races, those hundredths of a second matter...

Flexibility-not needed in swimming, but better if you can stretch your muscles more, because it means they will be easier to contract when swimming. but it is more imporant to do that than in other sports, so i would have given it a half point higher

Nerve-except for where your life can constantly be taken at any point during the sport, nerve shouldnt be counted, because they are profesionals, and they arent worried if they are going to do anythin that wrong, and mess something up that bad as to injure themselves, other wise, they shouldnt be a pro or colleg athlete.

Durability-tehy define durability as the ability to take physical punishment for long periods of time. Well, you try going a minute plus while swimming with every muscle in your body burning from pain and wearyness, whle you have to control your breathing like no other sport. Its much harder than they give credit for. It deserves another point and a half.

Hand eye coordination they got right(even though the smoothness needed for a good stroke, as well as the timing out weigh this factor by alot), as well as analytic aptitude(you dont need to know how to read anytihng, just how to try hard).

So, with the 4 1/2 points extra swimming deserves, it would be ranked...still not high enough. Screw it. You go join a swim team, you go swim 5 miles everyday, you stay on a strict diet, you race in a swim meet, you see how you feel about swimming, because i know it is much more dificult than any of the other sports i listed above.

[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:56pm

Marbels. You cant knock them out wiht out cheating! AAHHHHHH

Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:59pm

What can be a harder sport than getting your arse kicked for 30 min straight.

Coming in May 2005!
themovielife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - Racism

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themovielife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:05pm
Pogs.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic