Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Underage Drinking

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Big_M View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
I sure do miss ol blue...

Joined: 03 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 431
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:51pm
Never drank, never plan too untill I turn 21, and even then I don't plan to do it a lot...It's just a choice I make, and honestly a lot of my freinds respect that, one of my buddies who started drinking this summer was actually one of the reasons I didn't, he says that he wants to go drink a lot, but ends up telling me how miserable he is when he does

some more reasons, great uncle, died of liver cancer, uncle
died before I was born, drunk hit him...
Back to Top
phantom87 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
My title explains it all

Joined: 03 November 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 515
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:57pm
Uhh....I'm 17 and still kinda drunk.
Back to Top
kwkmrorange View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 December 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 950
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:02am

Most of the posts of people who say they will never drink or are waiting till they are 21 is making me think of a show that my brother showed me a while back. It was a documentary of a group of amish people who had never been into a real city before ( Im not talking about that show on FOX, this was real) more than half of them went on crazy drug and sex binges because it was all so forieghn to them.

I think there are  good things about drinking when your young. I cant do much damage to anyone else or myself and I now know how to control myself, how to deal with other drunks and what my limit is. But without any of the consequences of owning a car or being with a ton of people I dont know. Because the first time I got drunk I was out of control and I just kept drinking and drinking. I hate to think of what all of you are going to do when this happens to you but instead of being at home and 13 like I was youll be 21 and have access to a car.

Back to Top
kwkmrorange View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 December 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 950
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:04am

Originally posted by phantom87 phantom87 wrote:

Uhh....I'm 17 and still kinda drunk.

Hanging out on the tippmann forum while drunk, nice man.  Thats one thing ill never do because its kind of dumb and it  would be obvious and pretty inapropriate especially if someone argued with me or something of the sort.

Back to Top
phantom87 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
My title explains it all

Joined: 03 November 2003
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 515
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:10am
Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

Originally posted by phantom87 phantom87 wrote:

Uhh....I'm 17 and still kinda drunk.

Hanging out on the tippmann forum while drunk, nice man.  Thats one thing ill never do because its kind of dumb and it  would be obvious and pretty inapropriate especially if someone argued with me or something of the sort.

Well...I wouldn't call it drunk...I was drunk. I'm still feeling it but its not like I'm bad enough to run my mouth off at some little punk...Its a nice feeling.

Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:47am
Well i'm 18, anmd i'm not drunk rihg tnow......

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
SatansEnemy View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 61
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SatansEnemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:10am
Originally posted by Ilovepaintball1 Ilovepaintball1 wrote:

Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

Personally when I drink it is for the purpose of getting drunk.

Sounds Pretty stupid to me.

sounds reasonable to me, those who smoke pot do it to get stoned...so why not drink to get drunk? alcohol is disgusting, so its not something to drink cause it tastes good. (my opinion)

 

and more kids drink underage because its something that they arent supposed to do. most people i know (most) after they turned 21, they pretty much stopped drinking cause they could get it legally.

 

and i have only tasted, not even had a whole "shot" or glass of any alcoholic beverage. and that was when i was 22, so not everyone tries alcohol before they're 21. so pretty much ive never drank anything. i dont see the point in it. If i wanna have fun....i play music (bass), video games, basketball, or paintball....i can find many other ways to have fun then to get drunk.

Back to Top
impulse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 3- prejiduce/hate thread.

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6570
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:24am
I drink but not too often maybe 5 times a year. I got so much other stuff too do (rc stuff) I don't reall want too work with a hang over. But none the less I drink. People have mixed opinions but honestly I don't care what people think. It's my choice and I don't drive so lay off.
6,600 posts. I need a lifE
Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:15am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Well i'm 18, anmd i'm not drunk rihg tnow......

fun night

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 22577
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:19am
Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Originally posted by mbro mbro wrote:

Well i'm 18, anmd i'm not drunk rihg tnow......

fun night

gg
Back to Top
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1624
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:49am

For those that say alcohol isnt a drug,,, consider this , it affects the same centers in the brain as do drugs , and triggers the release of endorphins (The High ) just like drugs do . Every drug has its own method of action in the body (Cocaine , Marijuana , alcohol , etc, ) that stimulate ,or depress their own physiological areas as well as differing parts of the brain .

It is pretty obvious to see a relationship between underage posters , and the attitude towards underage drinking for the majority of responses here .

Alcohol is a Fickle Mistress

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 9:56am
if you want to feel like you're drunk, look at this.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Joined: 25 December 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3714
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:50am
I'm 16 and I don't drink. Although I am starting to consider the option...
Back to Top
wtfd00d View Drop Down
Member
Member

Guested: Racist stupidity

Joined: 06 August 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 14
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtfd00d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:28pm
I think you people just don't have any friends to drink with, and its completly pointless to drink unless its a social situation.
Back to Top
kwkmrorange View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 December 2002
Location: Canada
Status: Offline
Points: 950
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by wtfd00d wtfd00d wrote:

I think you people just don't have any friends to drink with, and its completly pointless to drink unless its a social situation.

Thats a little harsh man. I don't think thats the reason at all. And well I must admit I did get drunk by my self once. It was after rugby my whole body was really hurting so I just had a couple shots, and then a couple more and a couple more. It wasnt my intention to get drunk but this was obviously before I knew my limits. That was a good learning experience for me though, because it taught me how easy it is to get drunk when you dont mean to, which is why when I can drive I'll never leave keys on me when I go to parties. Because when your really drunk you always deny it. Actually this may sound weird but when I party at my house I always hide my parents car keys cause if I had them on me while drunk I would most likely go joy riding.

Back to Top
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Joined: 22 July 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3271
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:23pm
Few points to make.

You say you are responsible enough to drink, but you can't even spell realize. Do you "realise" that?

You say it is ok to drink, because you can't drive. You can do a lot to hurt yourself without a car. You can do a lot to others without a car.

Say you got drunk, and there is your paintball gun laying on the floor gased up. You pick it up, and start playing with it. You think it would be funny to shoot your friend. As fast as that your friends eye has been reduced to a mush.

Make all the excuses you want about how safe you are, but something can still happen. Why do you think there are so many fights in bars? People aren't thinking the way they normally should be.

You say you are not an alcoholic because you can go X amount of time without a drink. That has NOTHING to do with being an alcoholic. Do a bit of research. Alcoholics can go YEARS without a drink, and still be an alcoholic. I will say this again, how often you drink has nothing to do with whether or not you are an alcoholic.

You say you don't drink THAT often, so it can't hurt your liver. You say that your liver is MADE to filter your blood.

You are right on one of those points, your liver is made to filter your blood. But you still can't abuse it. Where do you think the effects of being drunk come from?


You say you are not smoking weed or anything. There are hard statistics that say MOST people who try pot are drunk when they do it. It messes up with your mind so you don't make decisions like you should.

I would say more, but I don't feel real good right now.
Back to Top
Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Joined: 06 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1624
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:29pm

Good points Swat4logan . I didnt want to be the one to crawl up on that soap box , but I been there ,done that ,it aint pretty

Come down to Arizona and get busted with a BAC of .18 or above , do prison time (2.5 to 10 YEARS )and speak with Fellers that never intended to hurt anybody,,,

I play paintball , want to talk about something else ,, PM me.

 



Edited by Shadowminion
SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
Back to Top
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1723
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 3:32pm
*calmy puffs a blunt* Mother of God....FREEVIBE.COM HAS TAKEN OVER THE TIPPMANN FORUM!!! AAAAAAAH! INVASION OF THE SELF RIGHTEOUS TEEN JACKASS BRIGADE!!!

With that said, I'd just like to tell the kid who started this thread that you are a tool. Get a designated driver and shutup about how you've gotten drunk 10 times this summer, big deal. Honestly I'm probably at a kegger every other night. Yeah yeah yeah,"EIS SO BAD 4 U CHEEKUN!!!" I don't care my good sirs. I don't plan on arriving at my grave pampered and clean. but to the chump who started this thread, are you really gonna let these asshats influence you? No! Of Course not! So shutup already! Or you could go the safer route and just smoke pot(and yes, it IS safer than getting drunk).
Back to Top
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Joined: 14 May 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 1874
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 3:43pm
:D

I love chikuns posts

Back to Top
JoeG254-PB View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 16 May 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 586
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Originally posted by wtfd00d wtfd00d wrote:

Getting stoned means smoking weed.

 

Yes I drink, about twice a week and I'm 15. Whats the point of drinking if your not gonna get drunk? Mostly at the beach we drink. Your all so prude talking about its bad for you, big deal its not gonna kill you and its fun.

tell that to my grandpa, who died because of his liver, or my cousin, who lived 3 days in intensive care because some moron tohught it was fun to drink, then drive.

And i know that everyone here who admits to drinking will immidiatly say they are smart enough not to drink and drive. Good for you. Had that 17 year old been thinking the same way, i might still have a cousin, and a friend. yo think you are smart enough not to drink and drive? Do yourself one better, and be smart enough not to drink.

BTW, i instantly think lowly of anyone who decides to drink. I have gotten into many fights with my parents about them drinking, and i am instantly ready to leave any party when someone breaks out the booze. I am instantly ready to fight anyone who konws me and tries to force or offer me anything to drink. And anyone who might have been, or was my friend, is not when i hear about or see them drinking, because its moronic, useless, and does you no good.

but gatyr, it makes us feel good with our buzz and crap...

Good, go buy yourself some hookers, get yourself some drugs, find the tequila bottle, jump out of a plane with no parachute, play russian roullette and have some fun, because all of those things make you feel good at one point, and all are just as moronic as the other to me.

i dunno, it doesnt feel like i can get what i feel about people who drinkinto words or onto an internet forum, so i'll just shut up.

good for you  my arent only drink once in a whle like at special occassions and things liuke that also they only have one or two drinks  and never get drunk. I think your right I just saw that post about how drinking can't kill you and was going to respond to it but you did it much better than I could I agree with you. But you shouldn't dislike people who drink but it's good you stay away from people who try to get you to drink.



Edited by JoeG254-PB
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.234 seconds.