FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Underage Drinking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 8:27pm
I'm 17, drink occasionally, get drunk less occasionally.

If I drink it's at a social gathering, where I know I'll be safe.

I don't drink to get drunk, I drink for a nice buzz and to just enjoy time with friends.

I've got beef with the 21 year old rule, if you can go die for you country you should be able to have champagne at your own wedding.

Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 8:28pm
My parents dont care if i do aslong as im with them.

Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
98ball View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flames are bad, kay?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98ball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:00pm
I used to drink every weekend until my friend almost got a DUI. I have very low tolerance though, I can drink 4 coronas and grin for the rest of the night. I am a known drinker, everyone knows and that is something im not proud of. So I suggest only doing it on special occasions like i do now.

jmac3 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:05pm

Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

I've got beef with the 21 year old rule, if you can go die for you country you should be able to have champagne at your own wedding.

Que pasa?

Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:34pm
I'm fine with underage drinking if it's done occasionally.

10 times this summer is just too much for a kid of your age though.
X
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

I've got beef with the 21 year old rule, if you can go
die for youcountry you should be able to have
champagne at your own wedding.

I agree completely; I was just about to post
that. I think the drinking age should be lowered to
eighteen...Not any lower than that, though.

I'm fifteen and i do drink; thankfully not as much as i
used to.
tippy98aac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy98aac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

Originally posted by -The Unknown- -The Unknown- wrote:

Drinking, no matter how much, damages your body. Even if it's just a little..

Except for the fact that its been proven driking moderate amounts can be good for you. And that in Japan a recent studie made a link between drinking and IQ. It was obviously a posotive link.

Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

And as long as I dont drink too often it shouldnt be too much of a problem

I'd sure say getting stoned 10 times per summer is rather often...

Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

No one waits til they're 21 to drink

Well that shows your ignorance.

If you do it when you're young and its harder to get, when you're an adult with the ability to get it any time and have the dough to do it, you will probably do it MUCH more often and [possibly, if not definitly] get addicted.

Just another dumb canadian...

First of all I dont get stoned I get drunk. There is a huge difference. I would never get stoned. Getting stoned means you use drugs. Second of all, it isnt hard for me to get alcohol I have alot of 18 and nineteen year old friends. Which means I probably wont do it more often once I turn 18. Also since I am drinking when Im younger I already know my limits and what can happen when I pass them. Instead of finding out when I have a car and am at a bar full of people I dont know. Yes ten times a summer is kind of bad I realise this. But during the school year its more like once a month. Third since you called it getting stoned this makes me think that you are fairly ignorant on this topic.

And I do not see how being a Canadian has anything to do with it what so ever. I dont intend for this to become a post full of racial slurs so please leave ignorant comments like that out of my thread and out of this forum.

Getting stoned means you use drugs

uhhh what exactly do you think beer is?
Tippy 98 c
wtfd00d View Drop Down

Guested: Racist stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtfd00d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:57pm

Getting stoned means smoking weed.

Yes I drink, about twice a week and I'm 15. Whats the point of drinking if your not gonna get drunk? Mostly at the beach we drink. Your all so prude talking about its bad for you, big deal its not gonna kill you and its fun.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:05pm

I opened this thread intending to post how I don't care who drinks and who doesn't.

Then I read kwkmrorange's posts.

HOLY CRAP DUDE!

You're a freakin' alcoholic at 15 and don't even realize it.  Do you know how many non-college adults have gotten drunk 10 times this summer, and who only drink to get drunk?  ALL THE ALCOHOLICS!  And nobody else.

You are the posterboy for why the drinking age should stay exactly where it is.  I could cut and paste your posts in this thread into a "scared straight" booklet.

cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:09pm
i think people under the age of 25 should have a lower blood alco. level because there most likely to drive drunk and with out a lot of experance they cause a lot of accedents that could have been avoided. so let them drink but, they need to watch how much.
wtfd00d View Drop Down

Guested: Racist stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wtfd00d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:09pm
What are you talking about, 10 times the whole summer? Thats not even alot.
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:10pm
I think a legal drinking age is not needed, in England there is none and drinking is not even thought as to be anything 14 and 15 year old kids go to the bars every friday and are all very responible. (well im sure not all of them are..) but there is no problems in England or other place with no legal drinking ages. But to take away the legal drinking age in a place like canada or the U.S. the privelage would be used because or cultures are not use to it. Thats how i feel.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:17pm

Originally posted by [Mr. Smith [Mr. Smith wrote:

]I think a legal drinking age is not needed, in England there is none and drinking is not even thought as to be anything 14 and 15 year old kids go to the bars every friday and are all very responible. (well im sure not all of them are..) but there is no problems in England or other place with no legal drinking ages. But to take away the legal drinking age in a place like canada or the U.S. the privelage would be used because or cultures are not use to it. Thats how i feel.

Legal drinking age in England is 18, except that you can have a drink with a meal in a restaurant at 16.  Granted, this rule isn't as strictly enforced as in the US, but it is the rule nevertheless.

And no problems?  Here are some UK drinking stats:  http://www.heartstats.org/temp/fig7.5aspweb04.pdf

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by wtfd00d wtfd00d wrote:

Getting stoned means smoking weed.

Yes I drink, about twice a week and I'm 15. Whats the point of drinking if your not gonna get drunk? Mostly at the beach we drink. Your all so prude talking about its bad for you, big deal its not gonna kill you and its fun.

tell that to my grandpa, who died because of his liver, or my cousin, who lived 3 days in intensive care because some moron tohught it was fun to drink, then drive.

And i know that everyone here who admits to drinking will immidiatly say they are smart enough not to drink and drive. Good for you. Had that 17 year old been thinking the same way, i might still have a cousin, and a friend. yo think you are smart enough not to drink and drive? Do yourself one better, and be smart enough not to drink.

BTW, i instantly think lowly of anyone who decides to drink. I have gotten into many fights with my parents about them drinking, and i am instantly ready to leave any party when someone breaks out the booze. I am instantly ready to fight anyone who konws me and tries to force or offer me anything to drink. And anyone who might have been, or was my friend, is not when i hear about or see them drinking, because its moronic, useless, and does you no good.

but gatyr, it makes us feel good with our buzz and crap...

Good, go buy yourself some hookers, get yourself some drugs, find the tequila bottle, jump out of a plane with no parachute, play russian roullette and have some fun, because all of those things make you feel good at one point, and all are just as moronic as the other to me.

i dunno, it doesnt feel like i can get what i feel about people who drinkinto words or onto an internet forum, so i'll just shut up.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:25pm

I missed that little post - alcohol isn't bad for you?

Here are some US health stats for alcohol use.  Check out the deaths.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/alcohol.htm

98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:28pm
if your responseable yeah do it have fun...but dont hurt anybody cuz that bothers me more than anything
-ProDigY- View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 4/20 faliure to follow sig rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ProDigY- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

tell that to my grandpa, who died
because of his liver, or my cousin, who lived 3 days
in intensive care because some moron tohught it
was fun to drink, then drive.

And i know that everyone here who admits to
drinking will immidiatly say they are smart enough
not to drink and drive. Good for you. Had that 17 year
old been thinking the same way, i might still have a
cousin, and a friend. yo think you are smart enough
not to drink and drive? Do yourself one better, and be
smart enough not to drink.

BTW, i instantly think lowly of anyone who decides to
drink. I have gotten into many fights with my parents
about them drinking, and i am instantly ready to
leave any party when someone breaks out the
booze. I am instantly ready to fight anyone who
konws me and tries to force or offer me anything to
drink. And anyone who might have been, or was my
friend, is not when i hear about or see them drinking,
because its moronic, useless, and does you no
good.

but gatyr, it makes us feel good with our buzz and
crap...

Good, go buy yourself some hookers, get yourself
some drugs, find the tequila bottle, jump out of a
plane with no parachute, play russian roullette and
have some fun, because all of those things make
you feel good at one point, and all are just as
moronic as the other to me.
i dunno, it doesnt feel like i can get what i feel about
people who drink into words or onto an internet
forum, so i'll just shut up.

First of all, sorry for your losses. Losing
friends and family is, of course, always tough.
Also note that i not only support, but encourage your
decision to not drink.

That said, i think you're being too tough on alcohol. I
think it's ridiculous that you would drop friends who
drink, or instantly judge people who choose
to drink. Not everybody who drinks is a bad,
irresponsable person.

Edited by -ProDigY-
kwkmrorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:46pm

Gatyr I understand youve had bad experiences with alcohol. And I kno im not about to change your mind. Drinking and driving is stupid, but you still go in cars right, even though people are killed in car crashes all the time when no one was drinking. Also yes alcohol can be very damaging to your body as you know because of your grandpa. But there is a difference between how most people drink and how people that die of liver disease drink. Its just like anything. It needs to be taken into moderation. Too much sitting in front of the computer is bad for you. But obviosuly as long as your not sitting here all the time and do other things it isnt really isnt a problem. Dont get me wrong though I respect your decision not to drink and I understand how hard that must be for I used to take the same stance. I am just saying you may want to try to be a little more open minded especially when it comes to how you treat people who drink.

I also resent the fact that people say I am an alcoholic. First of all can I turn down drinks at partie, yes. Can I go months without drinking, yes. Do I feel a need to drink whenever i see alcohol, no.

thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:48pm
Well ok so almost all of you are in the 35% of tenth graders that
drink. So it's sill not really ok. I mean really like one underage
drink is fine with me but like some of you people are getting
hangovers, thats not right for 15 year olds. Why not try NON
alchaholic beer.    And people worst of all please don't drink
and paintball thet equals disasters. See my equation:
Drinking+Paintball=Total disaster

Edited by thecorpseman
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
the godfather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:51pm

im suprised nobody has just gone WOoOO bEEr WHOOoo O DRunK YEAH

that being said

WOOoOO b EEr WhOOOO OO DRUNKy DRink YEA HEa

course i drink most people do, and a whole load of people are good enough to drink and smoke weed but not move onto any harsher than that. of course iv seen friends move up to coke or house hold stuff to snort, but i ussually talk most friends out of such ventures. as for drinking over the summer.....no problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic