Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Underage Drinking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by CHiKUN PiMP CHiKUN PiMP wrote:

*calmy puffs a blunt* Mother of God....FREEVIBE.COM HAS TAKEN OVER THE TIPPMANN FORUM!!! AAAAAAAH! INVASION OF THE SELF RIGHTEOUS TEEN JACKASS BRIGADE!!!

With that said, I'd just like to tell the kid who started this thread that you are a tool. Get a designated driver and shutup about how you've gotten drunk 10 times this summer, big deal. Honestly I'm probably at a kegger every other night. Yeah yeah yeah,"EIS SO BAD 4 U CHEEKUN!!!" I don't care my good sirs. I don't plan on arriving at my grave pampered and clean. but to the chump who started this thread, are you really gonna let these asshats influence you? No! Of Course not! So shutup already! Or you could go the safer route and just smoke pot(and yes, it IS safer than getting drunk).

actually that is true I htink it's less addictive too but what do I know never had a drink (Except when my mom let me have a small sip of her MIke's Hard lemonade) and Never done pot.

rednekk98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dead man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rednekk98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 4:13pm
I occasionally drink socially, and anti-socially(home alone on new year's, prom night ext). In retrospect, I suppose drinking alone is pretty pathetic. I'll drink for the purpose of getting bzzed a bit, or sometimes I just feel like getting drunk. However, there's a time and place for drinking. I'm not dumb enough to drink and drive, and I don't want to be the guy who makes an arse out of himself at a party by getting into a fight, or saying something I'd regret. I can have plenty of fun without drinking, but don't exactly mind doing so. However, in the future, when I can legally buy alcohol, I can't see drinking often. I swear that aside from her morning tea or coffee, the only liquid intake my mom has is beer. If I end up with nothing better to do than sit around after work, getting drunk and getting fat, and provoking arguements with my family the whole time, shoot me please.
Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 5:30pm

Well, I'm 16 and never had a drink yet, nor do I plan to anytime soon.

I understand certain occasions that underage drinking wouldn't be much of a problem, as long as it's in moderation.  I have no problem with that.

For those of you saying getting drunk just for fun, what's the point?  Chances are you are just trying to be rebelious, doing something that you shouldn't be doing (oh no! .)  These are the type of people that I think are somewhat stupid.  I have a friend that occasionally brags "dude, guess what?  I got drunk last weekend when my parents were gone!"  This, to me, sends a message that he's an idiot.  Consumption of alcohol, in my opinion is just a dumb idea.  Those of you saying, "it's been proven that alcohol raises your IQ etc., guess what?  It doesn't hurt me any by being alcohol free.

I know how people at social occasions such as parties drink some to "let them selves go" in a sense, because it's a fact that alcohol causes people to do things they normally wouldn't.  I on the other hand, wouldn't ever try to drink for that reason, now anyway.  I'm happy now with who I am, and I don't need some drug to make me someone else.

I don't discourage someone because of the fact that they drink while underaged, but I don't support them either.

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
epicpow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote epicpow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 6:09pm

I don't drink, I prefer not to, but I'm not going to preach to everyone here about how they should follow my actions. If this thread, much like alot of other threads has encouraged me of anything, it is to leave this tread for the more mature ones.

PAINTBALL1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PAINTBALL1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:28pm
IM 16 and i havent drank since January, ive been plastered once and that was the first time i ever got drunk, i chugged 1/4 of the vodka and then did alot of stupid things..lol it was good times ended up messing around with my friends sister, he was asleep next to us.. i like to drink but not for the sole purpose of getting drunk. Ive maybe drank enough to get a buzz 4 times. Im not going to argue on how the legal drinking age should be changed so i can get alcohol faster, but you can buy ciggaretes (sp?) at 18, and can be sent off to Iraq at 18 but cant drink? well thats all for me.. ooo and on sunday im buyin my first car a 1992 supra!
USAF Special Weapons Technician.
Sumo_Monkey22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’m too sexy for my teeth ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumo_Monkey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 9:01pm
CHiKUN PiMP pwns.
Rick_James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 9:03pm
Dude, I'm only 14, and I get smashed any opportunity I get! It's
like, so totally awesome seeing the same object in six different
colors and then vomiting- who can forget the vomiting! My God,
it's SO MUCH FUN! You're like, sitting in front of a toilet for 3
hours with your face in the contents of your lunch! I'd rather do
that than stay healthy, keep my life and enjoy legal activities
such as paintball any day...

C'mon kids, drinking to get drunk is just stupid. I had a taste of
wine once, and it tasted like ass. What good comes out of
getting drunk? Car crashes, puking your brains out,
hangovers, and headaches. Wow, that sounds SOOOO fun.
CHiKUN PiMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proudly picking on priests since 800 AD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHiKUN PiMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:05pm
PAINTBALL1= Actually you are allowed to drink if you're on base if you're in the military

Rick James= Here's a tip, chum, don't judge things you have very little experience on. You don't see colors when you're drunk, maybe you should get out more instead of watching Looney Toons, and if you enjoy alcohol responsibly(A.K.A. in Chikun's opinion being a lameass, kidding! or am I? Maybe you should learn a little about the subject of drinking and you could igure it out on you're own)you usually won't end the night vomiting. It's about moderation suckers, be safe, be smart, have some damn fun! and if you get too whacked out on alcohol and can't control yourself thus making you act a ass, there's always sweet, sweet Mary Jane waitin for you to load the fatty. I respect other's rights not to drink and smoke, but I don't appreciate the punks tellin me not to drink and puff on me reefer. "All men are created equal....except some get to make the rules." That seems to be the jam goin on these days, and I don't get with that crap.
It's about Freedom and Respect Chumps and Chumpettes,
Chikun

...btw, I'm baked out of me Irish ass ahahah...
Pump Scout View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pump Scout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:19pm
It seems I may be the only one here in favor of RAISING the drinking age, and enforcing it harshly. Most of the 21-year olds around here aren't capable of drinking responsibly. Raising the drinking age to 23 would, for the most part, remove alcohol from colleges, unless you're on the 6-year plan. It would also allow people to mature for a couple extra years... something that is much needed. I also believe the penalties for underage and DUI should be as harsh as possible. Get caught underage - lose your driver's license until you're 23. Get caught DUI - lose your license permenantly. Gone. Buh-bye. Depending on the BAC, get charges with attempted murder as well. Nobody drinks themselves half blind at a bar, digs their keys out of their pockets, and drives home being able to claim they didn't know they couldn't drive safely.

I do have one exception to this idea: anyone in the armed forces, ON POST, should be able to have a drink in the EM club (or O-club, as rank dictates), with their valid military ID. A little flexibility for the boys and girls in uniform.

I've been around underage drinking, but never took part. I waited until I was 21, even when I was in the military. I've been hit by drunk drivers. Myself, my wife, and my son (first of 5 kids) are lucky to be alive because of some drunk POS who tied one on, and tried to drive through our car. Seems to me that the majority of people who have an issue with the drinking age aren't really affected by it anyway, and that's sad.

I may come back to this... it touches a nerve, but I'm tired, and I'd like to be able to make sense. Not sure I can continue to do so right now.

EDIT - CHiKUN PiMP, are you SURE about being able to drink on post? I have a hard time believing the rules have changed since I got out in 1997. They wouldn't serve anyone under 21 in the clubs on post back then. Not to mention, the mess that was involved if a soldier got caught providing alcohol to anyone underage... (shudder)

Edited by Pump Scout
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 2:10am
i would have like one beer when i would go camping when i was 13 but nothing hardcore. as long as they dont get super drunk then its not a huge deal.
I LIKE BIKES!
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 2:19am
my moms feance sayed he would buy me booze aslong as i dont take off anywere and dont hide drinking.

at dinner when theres wine i have wine. its not realy that big of a deal.

ooooo whats 2 ounces of wine going to do to a person.

drinking in moderation is fine just not to the point that your drunk. i was drunk once. hated it.
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:11am
I never told anyone what to do. I hardly think I was preaching. Some of you just need to face the facts though.

Look at a common argument for the legalization of pot. "Weed doesn't effect you as much as alcohol, and cigarettes are more addictive."

I am actually pretty sure that this is correct. Can't really argue against it.

BUT...

I actually can confidently say that if right now, this very day, cigarettes and alcohol were interduced, they would promptly be made illegal as well.

Alcohol goes back to practically the stone age. They had wine before ceaser's day.

Smoking dates back to far before the 1900's.

Both industries became huge, and now they have something called MONEY. They can hire the lawyers that keep them in business. Their lawyers probably get paid millions a year, but it is worth it, because they make BILLIONS.

I think that if people were stoning it up back in 1850, you would be doing it legally too.

Many of you have probably concluded that I think smoking a drinking should be banned all together. If that was my opinion, I have my right to it.

But its not. Quite frankly, it goes back to darwinism. If you are really that stupid, that you want to slowly kill yourselves with cigarettes, that is fine.

If you can't MODERATE how much you drink, and make it unsafe, you will kill yourselves off too.

The problem I have with it is that it effects innocent people who CHOOSE to have nothing to do with either of those things.

You can't go to a bar and enjoy a drink or two without basting in the smoke of a few dozen smokers.

And I shouldn't have to say that drunk drivers kill INNOCENT people.

I work in a restaraunt that has a smoking section. Someone said they read online, that working in a smoking section of a restaraunt is equivalant to smoking 5 packs of cigarettes in ONE shift. Now you are killing ME off.

I don't care if you drink. Just don't you dare hurt someone who is minding their own business.

I don't care if you drink. But you better be far far away from people who try to be healthy.

I don't even care if you smoke weed. Just don't do something stupid that effects someone who is not.

I will step down again. I am not preaching, just be smart.
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 3:12pm
my parents never cared if i drank in my teen years as long as i called them and i didnt drive.
I LIKE BIKES!
kwkmrorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 2:59pm

I must admit that is one of the reasons I love living in Ottawa. You are now not allowed to smoke anywhere except for outside and in homes. You can't smoke in bars, buisnesses, taxi's, buses' trains anywhere. It is awsome. Because I can go anywhere and not have to put up with cigarette smoke.

phantom87 View Drop Down
My title explains it all

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantom87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:40pm

Originally posted by CHiKUN PiMP CHiKUN PiMP wrote:

...btw, I'm baked out of me Irish ass ahahah...

Hahaha...I wish I was.

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:33pm
I think its fine if you do it. Just be responsible about it. Know when to stop and don't drive.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:49pm
Im 16. Love the taste of liquor. Ive mixed and matched/ sold drugs and takin in more then I should have, but dont really have any regrets. Ive never had more fun then at some of the parties we throw up here.

I see nothing wrong with underage stuff. If you can control yourself, cool. If not, well.. you'll regret it.

At the moment I havent partied for awhile, but only due to probabtion. I still drink and other stuff that wont show on UA's. Ya ya.. what im saying may be bad influence.. but I guarntee im not the only one on here like this.

Sure sober is all fine and dandy.. but I wanna see whats all out there.

Plus, when your German, drinking alot and not throwing up or having hang overs is a plus
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by kwkmrorange kwkmrorange wrote:

I must admit that is one of the reasons I love living in Ottawa. You are now not allowed to smoke anywhere except for outside and in homes. You can't smoke in bars, buisnesses, taxi's, buses' trains anywhere. It is awsome. Because I can go anywhere and not have to put up with cigarette smoke.

**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic