Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Walking a paintball field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Walking a paintball field
    Posted: 06 August 2004 at 12:02am
My teams first tournament is coming up. I think walking a field may be very important to know how to do (just a hunch) PLEASE what is important to do when we walk a field. I assume there might be some lengthy posts... thats fine, this is an aspect me team really needs to know. I apreciate your guys's help.
Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 12:23am
Just take a good look around, decided which bunkers you'd like to get to off the break, which bunkers provide critical angles on others, which ones would be good to lock down a lane to prevent them from moving to a key bunker, that kind of stuff. Try and set out a plan of where you want to go, and then act it out on the field.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 5:02am

seeing how u DIDNT say what u play. u force me to type more...

front man : choose ur secondary bunker (the one u go to after the break) look at bunkers near the 50 and 45, see how well they cover u from the other teams back players and how well the bunkers are positioned so u get covered from ur back players. when u go on ur route after the break, try to get as much bunkers between u and the opposing back players until u get to ur secondary. and look at ur angles. if u dont run the snake, make sure u have a mid or back player watch the snake so u dont get flanked off it.

mid person : choose ur secondary....usually a stand up bunker. look at the angles u get when playing loose or tight. u fill in for front man if front man gets shot. and u fill in for back player if ur back player gets shot. talk with ur front man to see how u can cover him.

back person : i dont kno much about this position....still choose ur secondary...usually a stand up bunker. off the break, move a little bit. dont stand still. check ur angles loose and tight, and talk with ur front man about cover.

yeah...i might have got some 'lingo' wrong but eh. thats the basics i assume.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 8:30am
^^That's a pretty good explanation. Know where you want to hold your position and know the advantages/disadvantages of it. Talk out your strategy so you don't get confused during the match. Good luck at your tournament.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Mike Barch View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Barch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:38am
Originally posted by plax_are_meth plax_are_meth wrote:

seeing how u DIDNT say what u play. u force me to type more...

front man : choose ur secondary bunker (the one u go to after the break) look at bunkers near the 50 and 45, see how well they cover u from the other teams back players and how well the bunkers are positioned so u get covered from ur back players. when u go on ur route after the break, try to get as much bunkers between u and the opposing back players until u get to ur secondary. and look at ur angles. if u dont run the snake, make sure u have a mid or back player watch the snake so u dont get flanked off it.

mid person : choose ur secondary....usually a stand up bunker. look at the angles u get when playing loose or tight. u fill in for front man if front man gets shot. and u fill in for back player if ur back player gets shot. talk with ur front man to see how u can cover him.

back person : i dont kno much about this position....still choose ur secondary...usually a stand up bunker. off the break, move a little bit. dont stand still. check ur angles loose and tight, and talk with ur front man about cover.

yeah...i might have got some 'lingo' wrong but eh. thats the basics i assume.

HA haha ha, Tru Dat. Nice Job.

NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:40am
you might know this ,but I am going to say this don't worry about losing or winning that might mess up your jugdment. Just give it you best

[Mr. Smith] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Mr. Smith] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:46pm
Thank You everyone, im sure this information will help out me and my team!  

Proud owner of an ACE'd 2K3 matrix

A4*Jyim* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A4*Jyim* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 10:59pm

When your in a game, never lose you concentration, one stupid move, BANG! right in the head, so when your open out of your bunker shooting at someone, make sure theres no one on the other side who got a clear shot on you.

Team GodLike
Only God Will Judge Us....
PEVS PAINTBALL

~*JYim*~
Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 11:23pm

Secure the sides so you can get angles on anyone.  When an oppurtunity opens to advance, take it, that one moment of hesitation could be your loss.  It would be your advantage to get the middle before the opponents.

The rest is common sense, keep a small profile, don't leave yourself open or make bad mistakes.  Keep on your feet, I remember when my friend was advancing and he slipped, let's just say that was the end of him.

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 12:11am

Originally posted by NMLvaio NMLvaio wrote:

you might know this ,but I am going to say this don't worry about losing or winning that might mess up your jugdment. Just give it you best

true, the pre-game jitters will throw you off course

S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 7:13am
Great post Plax. All that needs to be changed, is your first bunker is your primary, and your second is your secondary
tippy_boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 4:33pm
When you walk the field look for spots with good cover and think of a strategy when you look at the field
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic