Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint
    Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:38pm
Ok this is sort of a dumb question and please dont flame but I was painting the drop on my gun and I have a good 3 coats on it. I'v been spraying at the same distance everytime but I accidently sprayed it when i was really close to it. Its drying right now and when I sprayed real close there was like a blotch of paint on it like it had more paint in this one spot then all the others. Will it all dry the same or will this one spot look different then the others.
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:41pm
A run? Yeah probably. If so just sand it down afterwards and re-spray it.
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
xteam02001 View Drop Down

Good Job On Getting Yourself Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam02001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:04pm
just color sand it. Get some really reaslly fine sand paper and sand it with water on the drop

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:53pm
you need to sand like mad, but i wouldent reccomend trying to paint your gun. if you screw up, you can ruin it
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:38pm
Yeah. Painting them can be bad.
Real Men Love Cheeses
choopie911 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by PaintbalSoldier PaintbalSoldier wrote:

you need to sand like mad, but i wouldent reccomend trying to paint your gun. if you screw up, you can ruin it

I painted mine fine. If you take all the right precautions, the worst that can happen is you have to re-strip the paint and try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic