Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

God.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:36pm
Sorry.. I try to post a site that seems to make sense...

Never mind... guess I won't use that anymore. Although I would like to know what was wrong with it.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:37pm
I`m a christian YES I AM!

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Originally posted by Big Jim Big Jim wrote:

Actually that's exactly what my church
is......Non-denominational and independant. And as for special
ceremonies......we do communions every month, and baptismals when ever
there is a need. Just to clerify there is a big difference between
Cathlosism and Christianity. I'll let Sandman explain cause I'll admit
I have'nt been too sharp with my wording today.

I think Sandman realizes that Catholicism was the first religious
organization to actually be considered "Christian". Every other
Christian denomination roots from the Catholic Church, compliments of
Calvinism and Martin Luther.

And on a larger scale, Christianity came from Judaism, as did Islam.

That's actually somewhat short sighted. The apostles and their followers were the first Christians. And, yes, they had their "churches", though they most often met in secret to escape persecution at the hands of the Romans.

The Catholics came around far later when the Western world embraced this Eastern religion. They became the basis for the Western practice of Christianity. They were NOT the first organization to claim to be servants of the Christ.

Judaism is the father of Christianity. As I understand it, the Jews (not the race, the religion) believe in the same God, but they believe His Messiah is yet to come. I'm no expert in their particular religion, but I believe that's the basis.

Peter was the first pope of the Catholic Church. He was an apostle. So I don't see where you're coming from with "The apostles and their followers were the first Christians."

Jesus Christ was a devout Jew, with interests in reforming the religion. When the Christians said that people could join their Church without being circumsized, they officially seperated themselves from Judaism in order to form the Catholic Church. I promise you I am not making this stuff up, it's in religious books and in history books.

The early followers you speak of considered themselves to be Jews. So, the first denomination was indeed the Catholic Church.

This doesn't disprove anything about Christianity, so I don't see why it's in your interest to argue against it? Unless you just really don't like Catholics and/or how history did indeed occur.

Edited by Ejp414

Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:40pm
I say God is real...nuff said
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:42pm
The modern Catholics bear no resemblance to the early churches. As far as I can tell, they only claim Peter (except I thought it was Paul) to validate themselves.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:48pm

The modern Catholics bear no resemblance to the early churches. As far as I can tell, they only claim Peter (except I thought it was Paul) to validate themselves.

I thought it was Paul too, but I double-checked. Now that I think of it, I remember that Paul was actually a Roman and not Jewish. He was extremely influential however. And plus, while both were executed, Paul was executed a good deal of time (relatively) before Peter was. Paul did not become Christian until after Jesus was already dead, and it was Jesus who said Paul was the "rock" of the Church.

And honestly, if any of the Churches had stayed the same over 2000 years, I don't see them having many followers, everything changes over time in some ways, especially when there are many greedy humans in charge (indulgences in the Middle Ages, meh).

PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:49pm

Originally posted by Big Jim Big Jim wrote:

Do you believe in God? Answer yes or no, and go on to explain why.

were here to talk about paintball

636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:54pm
no.

oh oh hands into the air and talk to a dead guy. or it can be the worlds longest lasting con. think about it.
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:57pm

To clear something up, Buddha is not considered a god. I'm not sure who made that reference, but just letting ya know. He was actually a skinny, teacher/philosopher born in Nepal. Just a man, no special powers.

I still don't believe in god. Big Jim---King James version of the Bible?? I mean...that's like joining King Henry VIII's church and saying it was completely correct. I know that's the widely used version...but still. It's got many flaws.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:59pm
Hey, now that I think of it, wasn't King James an in-the-closet homosexual? That's just what I heard though, I'm not sure if it's true.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:01pm

I'm not sure, those could just be rumors. However, there have been circulated rumors that the man Jesus was a closet homosexual and had relations with many of his followers. However, those are just rumors, and can be quite untrue.

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:01pm

The modern Catholics bear no resemblance to the early
churches. As far as I can tell, they only claim Peter (except I thought
it was Paul) to validate themselves.

I thought it was Paul too, but I double-checked. Now that I think of
it, I remember that Paul was actually a Roman and not Jewish. He was
extremely influential however. And plus, while both were executed, Paul
was executed a good deal of time (relatively) before Peter was. Paul
did not become Christian until after Jesus was already dead, and it was
Jesus who said Paul was the "rock" of the Church.

And honestly, if any of the Churches had stayed the same over 2000
years, I don't see them having many followers, everything changes over
time in some ways, especially when there are many greedy humans in
charge (indulgences in the Middle Ages, meh).

Yeah, it appears to be a he-said, she-said issue with the origin of the Catholic church. Apparently you've been taught the Cathloic version and I've been taught the Protestant version, that modern Catholicism began with Constantine and the whatever-it-was-called edict. I don't recall.

Both have fairly compelling arguments, and frankly... I think they're both out to justify their own existence.

That's what you get when you turn religion into a business.

Edited by SandMan
Real Men Love Cheeses
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I'm not sure, those could just be rumors. However, there have been circulated rumors that the man Jesus was a closet homosexual and had relations with many of his followers. However, those are just rumors, and can be quite untrue.

I've never even heard that. I'd bet money that He was probably either involved with or even married to Mary Magdeline though...

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I've never even heard that. I'd bet money that He was probably either involved with or even married to Mary Magdeline though...

I do agree with that statement. But I wouldn't rule out the homosexual part. Looking at those times, it could quite possibly have been that way. Just a speculation. I have heard this from a few sources, but nothing concrete at all.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:04pm

The modern Catholics bear no resemblance to the early
churches. As far as I can tell, they only claim Peter (except I thought
it was Paul) to validate themselves.

I thought it was Paul too, but I double-checked. Now that I think of
it, I remember that Paul was actually a Roman and not Jewish. He was
extremely influential however. And plus, while both were executed, Paul
was executed a good deal of time (relatively) before Peter was. Paul
did not become Christian until after Jesus was already dead, and it was
Jesus who said Paul was the "rock" of the Church.

And honestly, if any of the Churches had stayed the same over 2000
years, I don't see them having many followers, everything changes over
time in some ways, especially when there are many greedy humans in
charge (indulgences in the Middle Ages, meh).

Yeah, it appears to be a he-said, she-said issue with the origin of the Catholic church. Apparently you've been taught the Cathloic version and I've been taught the Protestant version, that modern Catholicism began with Constantine and you whatever-it-was-called edict. I don't recall.

Both have fairly compelling arguments, and frankly... I think they're both out to justify their own existence.

That's what you get when you turn religion into a business.

Yep, it doesn't matter anyway.

But just to clarify what I was taught (And it would make sense I was taught the Catholic version since I have gone to Catholic schools my entire life), the Edict of... was it Milan? Anyway, from what I was taught it was made legal then, and was made into a seperate religion as soon as it broke off from Judaism by allowing Gentiles to join.

Not important to really anything in this thread though.

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 5:07pm
And see... This is how reasonable people work out a difference in opinion. (Make notes, Big Jim.)
Real Men Love Cheeses
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 6:17pm
Yes.

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 7:00pm
no...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic