FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

God.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Don't take it personally, I'm just a 16 year old who is somewhat pissed
that he had to get his long hair cut for school. I understand what
you're saying, I just think it was a bit too much of an... assumption?

(Ack! I hate it when I do that. I edited instead of replying, by accident. - SandMan)

Observation and assumption are two different things.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:42pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by NotreDamePaintB NotreDamePaintB wrote:

Yes there is a God, and to prove it, it's a little thing called the Bible.

I don't read fiction.

I don't believe in god or a god. I believe in coincidences, accidents, physics, science, and energy.

I believe thing called loooooove!

Hahaha

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Big Jim Big Jim wrote:

Dune's a goner. Too bad I won't be meetin ya in hell. Have fun, they say the weathers warm down there.

Actually, according to most Christian denominations and the Catholic Church, anyone can get into Heaven if they live a good enough life. That includes atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Buddhists, people who lived in areas where there was/is no such thing as Christianity, etc. They just have a bit harder time getting in. Perhaps you should read up on your own Church's doctrines?

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Super NEWB Super NEWB wrote:

Originally posted by NotreDamePaintB NotreDamePaintB wrote:

Peter, one of the 12 disciples, was the first
Pope which can be proved, therefore being a disciple of Jesus(God in
the form of man) who rose from the dead on easter day.
can you
prove he ever died in the first place

Yes. The man the Christians call Jesus the Christ was crucified by the Romans. It's historical fact.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:44pm

Dune's a goner. Too bad I won't be meetin ya in hell. Have fun, they say the weathers warm down there.

I'd rather not go to heaven with all the pedophilic priests and such.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:45pm

Actually, according to most Christian denominations and the Catholic Church, anyone can get into Heaven if they live a good enough life. That includes atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Buddhists, people who lived in areas where there was/is no such thing as Christianity, etc. They just have a bit harder time getting in. Perhaps you should read up on your own Church's doctrines?

Man, I enjoy being Buddhist, but there's no way I'll end up in "Heaven." Buddhism is a self centered system of beliefs, a way to be content with ones self. I just don't want to come back as an insect in my next life.

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:45pm

Actually, according to most Christian denominations and the Catholic
Church, anyone can get into Heaven if they live a good enough life.
That includes atheists, agnostics, Muslims, Buddhists, people who lived
in areas where there was/is no such thing as Christianity, etc. They
just have a bit harder time getting in. Perhaps you should read up on
your own Church's doctrines?

Nope. Maybe the Catholics, but I don't know a single Protestant denomination who believes "works" can get you to Heaven.

They preach quite the opposite, in fact. According to their tenets, you have to be "born again" and believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God or it doesn't matter how kind you were to people.

Edited by SandMan
Real Men Love Cheeses
Big Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:47pm
Umm please don't ever question me about what I believe. Good works will not get you to heaven. THAT IS NOT CHRISTIANITY. Simple, read this verse I'm about to type, it about sums up what I believe. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life."
The Hotttnesssss
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:47pm

Thats precisely why i don't believe in such nonsense like religion.

If you live a good life and treat others like you wish to be treated if there really is a Heaven you will go there.

I dont feel I need religion for me to be a good person and to do the right thing.

Not to mention like politics, there is a lot of corruption involved with religion.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:48pm
I'm happy that so many people have got such a good imaginary friend.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:48pm

Tell 'em, reverend! You have an uncanny knack for spouting meaningless damnations without any concern for your own correctness.

Please do me a favor and don't make Christians look any worse than you already have.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by SandMan SandMan wrote:

Nope. Maybe the Catholics, but I don't know a single Protestant denomination who believes "works" can get you to Heaven.

They preach quite the opposite, in fact. According to their tenets, you have to be "born again" and believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God or it doesn't matter who kind you were to people.

hmm...I dunno where you guys are getting this stuff. I've been dragged kicking and screaming to a protestant church for years, and I've never heard anything about that. Or maybe i just wasn't listening.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:49pm

They preach quite the opposite, in fact. According to their tenets, you have to be "born again" and believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God or it doesn't matter who kind you were to people.

Well, I suppose that makes sense, everyone who was not exposed to Christianity burns in hell then? So much for a loving God.

As much as I disagree with the Catholic Church, they suddenly sound extremely sensible.

Big Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:49pm
I'm just telling it like it is Plato.
The Hotttnesssss
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:52pm

I'm just telling it like it is Plato.

No. You're telling it like you've been tought to tell it, and haven't taken the time to take a step back yourself and examine things without the churches help.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:52pm
i beleive in god.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:53pm

Umm please don't ever question me about what I believe. Good works will not get you to heaven. THAT IS NOT CHRISTIANITY. Simple, read this verse I'm about to type, it about sums up what I believe. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life."

It don't work that way, Jim. You're going to be questioned about your belief every day of your life. And if you're not questioning your belief yourself, you're serving nothing but blind faith...
Real Men Love Cheeses
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

hmm...I dunno where you guys are getting this stuff. I've been dragged kicking and screaming to a protestant church for years, and I've never heard anything about that. Or maybe i just wasn't listening.

I go to a private school and we have required religion classes every year, centered mostly on Catholicism.

EDIT:

Big Jim, you seem to be making this into more of a personal argument for yourself. In the interests of "knowing thy enemy", what denomination are you, exactly?

Edited by Ejp414

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:53pm
I believe in God.
Big Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:57pm
Sandman, who are you to tell me it don't work that way? You're just another man. And as for taking a step back and looking at things myself? I have. And it makes perfect sense to me. And Sandman. Is'nt that what faith is? Blind?

Edited by Big Jim
The Hotttnesssss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic