Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

God.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

BLAAAH I just typed this whole long post and it vanished.

Enos: If you read this.. yes you can worship God from your chair. Church meetings are, as far as I can tell, originated from "Where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am with them."

And as for Catholicism.. I agree that a lot of it is unnecessary. The uniforms, holy water, rituals, using prayers as a counter to sin by repeating them, Hail Mary's (wherever they came from), confessions to priests, priests in general, praying to saints/Mary, etc etc is all stuff that as far as I know was never in the Bible.

Warning: If you are Catholic, this link WILL offend you. I didn't make it up, and I didn't mean to insult or offend anyone. If you think this link might drive you to acts of rage, don't click it!!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp

I stopped reading when they made a big deal about Baal.

If anyone has done some research on the subject of the origin of religion, then they'd know that zoroastrianism, the religion of the Persian's, was the root of any belief in angels and that kind of thing. A great deal of Christianity roots back to pagan religions, and not just Catholicism.

SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Originally posted by Big Jim Big Jim wrote:

Actually that's exactlywhat my church
is......Non-denominational and independant. And as for special
ceremonies......we do communions every month, and baptismals when ever
there is a need. Just to clerify there is a big difference between
Cathlosism and Christianity. I'll let Sandman explain cause I'll admit
I have'nt been too sharp with my wording today.

I think Sandman realizes that Catholicism was the first religious
organization to actually be considered "Christian". Every other
Christian denomination roots from the Catholic Church, compliments of
Calvinism and Martin Luther.

And on a larger scale, Christianity came from Judaism, as did Islam.

That's actually somewhat short sighted. The apostles and their followers were the first Christians. And, yes, they had their "churches", though they most often met in secret to escape persecution at the hands of the Romans.

The Catholics came around far later when the Western world embraced this Eastern religion. They became the basis for the Western practice of Christianity. They were NOT the first organization to claim to be servants of the Christ.

Judaism is the father of Christianity. As I understand it, the Jews (not the race, the religion) believe in the same God, but they believe His Messiah is yet to come. I'm no expert in their particular religion, but I believe that's the basis.

Real Men Love Cheeses
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:26pm
Your posting something from chick?

People actually take that guys complete idiocy seriously?
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:23pm
BLAAAH I just typed this whole long post and it vanished.

Enos: If you read this.. yes you can worship God from your chair. Church meetings are, as far as I can tell, originated from "Where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am with them."

And as for Catholicism.. I agree that a lot of it is unnecessary. The uniforms, holy water, rituals, using prayers as a counter to sin by repeating them, Hail Mary's (wherever they came from), confessions to priests, priests in general, praying to saints/Mary, etc etc is all stuff that as far as I know was never in the Bible.

Warning: If you are Catholic, this link WILL offend you. I didn't make it up, and I didn't mean to insult or offend anyone. If you think this link might drive you to acts of rage, don't click it!!

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0071/0071_01.asp

Edited by AdmiralSenn
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:17pm

Christian.  Why? raised that way.  No care to change, God is God and I believe in him.  Everyone has everything conceivable backing up the fact that God doens't exist/can't exist/impossible/things don't add up/"facts", but they left one thing out, and it's something that keeps most Christians going.  Faith.

My 2, now disprove/laugh/post facts/flame away.

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:10pm
Paintball forums meet religion.

Coming in May 2005!
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by -The Unknown- -The Unknown- wrote:

Originally posted by tgaffner tgaffner wrote:

Not really. He/she has done nothing to prove its existance....

Your idiocy make me sick to my stomach.. i'm with BigJim...

Care to back up your statement? Besides saying he's an idiot...

-The Unknown- View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:00pm

Originally posted by tgaffner tgaffner wrote:

Your idiocy make me sick to my stomach.. i'm with BigJim...

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

um..Calvary Search

Umm, I know what you believe in, you're a non-denominatiol Christian with a Protestant slant. I really don't care, I'd like you to read the past posts addressed specifically to you, and if you could address them then that would be great. If you can't, then I assume you have no answer.

??? i was just linking that so that everyone can read up on what exactly his church believes...

I'm insane. I accidentally thought you were Big Jim and for some reason I thought it was addressed specifically to me. My bad, doing like 16 things at once.

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:48pm

um..Calvary Search

Umm, I know what you believe in, you're a non-denominatiol Christian with a Protestant slant. I really don't care, I'd like you to read the past posts addressed specifically to you, and if you could address them then that would be great. If you can't, then I assume you have no answer.

??? i was just linking that so that everyone can read up on what exactly his church believes...
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:44pm

um..Calvary Search

Umm, I know what you believe in, you're a non-denominational Christian with a Protestant slant. I really don't care, I'd like you to read the past posts addressed specifically to you, and if you could address them then that would be great. If you can't, then I assume you have no answer.

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I think Sandman realizes that Catholicism was the first religious organization to actually be considered "Christian". Every other Christian denomination roots from the Catholic Church, compliments of Calvinism and Martin Luther.

Actually the Morman faith was not born out of a previous Christian Religion. Not that it matters much but just an FYI.

Okay, every other denomination except the Mormans, I stand corrected. Funny I should forget that because one of my best friends who moved away was a very active Morman. In any case, our friend here is not Morman.

Edited by Ejp414

Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:40pm

I think Sandman realizes that Catholicism was the first religious organization to actually be considered "Christian". Every other Christian denomination roots from the Catholic Church, compliments of Calvinism and Martin Luther.

Actually the Morman faith was not born out of a previous Christian Religion. Not that it matters much but just an FYI.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:40pm

um..Calvary Search

Edited by Frozen Balls
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:38pm
Do I believe in god? Yes.
Because thats the way I was raised, and had Religion class for the past 10 years of my life. (private school)But, Im more than likely leaving that school because I was sick of having it crammed down my throat every day in every way imaginable

Do I believe in telling people how to live their lives and force my beliefs onto them? No.
Why not? Because their is no more proof that christianity is in anyway the one true religion, than there is to support any other religion.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:33pm

Actually that's exactly what my church is......Non-denominational and independant. And as for special ceremonies......we do communions every month, and baptismals when ever there is a need. Just to clerify there is a big difference between Cathlosism and Christianity. I'll let Sandman explain cause I'll admit I have'nt been too sharp with my wording today.

And on a larger scale, Christianity came from Judaism, as did Islam.

Edited by Ejp414

tgaffner View Drop Down
youm0nt Lite ... and low carbs, too!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgaffner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:32pm
Big Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:29pm
Actually that's exactly what my church is......Non-denominational and independant. And as for special ceremonies......we do communions every month, and baptismals when ever there is a need. Just to clerify there is a big difference between Cathlosism and Christianity. I'll let Sandman explain cause I'll admit I have'nt been too sharp with my wording today.
The Hotttnesssss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:23pm

I am a CHRISTIAN, I've already explained what that is in this thread. I go to Calvary Bible Church. We base our faith directly from the Bible.(The King James Version.) I don't go to any fancy church, or do any special ceremonies, I go there to worship God.

There are like 600 denominations of Christianity, can you specify a bit?

Why is a fancy church bad? What's wrong with sitting in nice comfy leather seats instead of sitting on wooden benches?

Special ceremonies...none? Not a chance dude. I guarantee that you do.
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:22pm

I am a CHRISTIAN, I've already explained what that is in this thread. I go to Calvary Bible Church. We base our faith directly from the Bible.(The King James Version.) I don't go to any fancy church, or do any special ceremonies, I go there to worship God.

Catholics are Christian. Baptists are Christian. There is a big difference, one example being a literal interpretation of the Bible as compared to people understand that Bible holds significance, but it not meant to be used as a history book. There are a lot of other examples, but I think the point has been proven. So you're a non-denominational Christian?

If you honestly had questioned your own faith as you said before, I'd expect you to realize that there is more to Christianity than one set of beliefs. Hell, I'd actually have expected you to even research completely different religions, even if only to strengthen your beliefs in your Christian ideas.

And nice dodging my last post, by the way.

EDIT: Not last post, the one where I challenged the adherence of your actions to your Christian teachings and stuff...

Edited by Ejp414

Big Jim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 3:22pm
To gather togther with other believers, it's otherwise known as Sunday worship.
The Hotttnesssss
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic