Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

check this out you 98 lovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 7:40pm

hell no. r u a neb u only  got like 87 post man.

98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
warbeak2099 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
So I said, "That is my foot!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warbeak2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:15pm
PlentifulBalls: How did you make Platinum??? Yes it is very possible to change the electronics of the ebolt!!! Ever heard of the project lowblow 98? It had an aftermarket tribal board and noid and some custom valve work that made it run at about 175-200psi.      
Running eyes would also be very possible. The only hard part is drilling and alligning them. You'd also have to find out what would work better on a vert tippy, bouncebeam or breakbeam. I'd think bouncebeam since the tippy ball detent would be hard to manuever breakbeams around.
I don't understand what everyone's being such a jerk about. This isn't that big of a deal to do as long as you know what you're doing when it comes to soldering and wiring electronics. You're basically just swapping out electronics for pete's sake. God, back off. The people who are flaming this guy are the noobs, not him. He's just getting a new board and eyes for his ebolt. People do it all the time with other guns why are you having such a hard time understanding that he's just doing it with a tippy?

Edited by warbeak2099
MIDN 2/C, US Navy

LCE-SpyderMag | G-Force Pneumatic Mag | '99 RF Sniper II
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 11:42pm

thanx there warbeak, for lettin them know that this very well can happen. and how do u think i should get the eyes to run there is really no way to wire it because i would have to mill to put them in and there is no place to do this. so i was thinkin i could make a cover and have the wires go externaly. i wasn't goin to put eyes in it but i think if i can get the money i will to take this whole 98 thing farther than any 98 i know.

98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 11:51pm
Good luck with your project. And don't dis NN, he's a god. He's done it all.
tippmann505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 11:57pm
break beam would be better then reflective style eyes because sometimes it wont detect certain types of paint. i would know i have a morlock board vert feed and eyes on my 98 just got it workin not too long ago. and what does that guy mean it is not as simple as soldering a couple of wires. thats pretty much all i did. except drilling the eye holes which is uber easy if u have a drill press. i havent really figured out how i am going to run the eye wires yet though. right now i just have them literally taped to the side of my gun. ill get pics sometime soon
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 12:14am
some one on here installed them to on there gun and had pics on a topic of theres. i think i am goin to get sometype of small tibing and the just make it so it bolts on the the side where the wires.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 12:15am
i wasn't disin him they where for sure
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
Benjichang View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I pwned Leroy Jenkins!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benjichang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 12:20am
I know man, I should've been more clear..I meant them, not u..I give u props for tryin something killer like that.
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 12:25am
hopefully this turns out how i want then maybe more people will do it and speedballas wont make fun of peole wit 98s.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
ziggymarley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ziggymarley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 12:50am
tipp 505: yeah get some picts, a m98 with eyes are rare to see. I've seen it done but it's just interesting to me what some of you guys do to your m98's. Throw up some pics in the gallery and link it to this thread so other people who plan on doing eyes can get an idea of how someone, like yourself, did theirs.
"Real markers have gills."
"son of a <KRL>."
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 1:37am
all he has right now is wires taped to the side of his gun. i will be getting pics all through my  98project. *top secert*
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
tippmann505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 10:08am

got the pics

link

98c OwNaGe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c OwNaGe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 1:42pm
kool PM me with a video when ur done i think it'll work dont' be discouraged by these buffons
98c
Trigger Stop
Red Dot Pointer
Flatline Barrel
Redz 2+1 Harness
GTA Double Trigger
Steel Screws

http://tippmann.com/players/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID =109849&PN=1&TPN=1

benttwig33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Whiner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benttwig33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by PlentifulBalls PlentifulBalls wrote:

Wow. I hope you die in a fire.

LOL
Sig is WAY too big.
98sniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:07am
i think i will really get this thing going. i will start  in 2 weeks or to a month matters just on how it goes for me getting stuff.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
Thanatos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
What does Marcellus Wallace look like?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thanatos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 3:13am
Well like i said good luck. when you get it all done or looking respectfull ( very hard i know) post a couple pics.
U.S. Air force
PJ Apprentice
Proud Member of Team.Tacticalmarkers.com
------------------------Being original is overated.
Love, Peace, And Chicken Grease!!!
Paycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:16am

Like i said before good luck!

Strongbad Rocks

Brains, Brains, Brains!
Most Celebros mmmmmmmm!
98 custum
dye 14" barrel
double trigger
pballraper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballraper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:42am

i think all this is cool and all i just dont's understand how you could get a vert feed on a 98 custom but whatever good luck.

lazyeyepancho8 View Drop Down

Guested: Adverts, all caps, you name it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazyeyepancho8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:31am
they sell the vertical feed adapters at www.xpaintball.com  fro like forty or fiifty bucks
(Don't sell. Don't advertise. In fact, it's prolly best if you don't post at all.)
warbeak2099 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
So I said, "That is my foot!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warbeak2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:43am
Tippmann505: The ball detent doesn't get in the way of the breakbeams? I would think it would since breakbeam eyes are positioned at the bottom of the breech and that's where the detent is on a Tippmann. I'd think the detent would be constantly breaking the beam. If it does work though, that's awesome. I do like breaks better than bounce. I just thought break might not work.    
MIDN 2/C, US Navy

LCE-SpyderMag | G-Force Pneumatic Mag | '99 RF Sniper II
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic