Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Response Trigger

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Response Trigger
    Posted: 04 August 2004 at 5:58pm
My friend bought a response trigger for his a5 today... We installed it, and tested it out... We noticed a few things... First off, it DID increase the rate of fire... slightly... It also made the gun extremely cold and icy... Is that frost normal? Also, is there any way to make the response trigger shoot just by holding the trigger and having it bounce back? It wasn't working very well.. We tried applying different kinds of pressure to the trigger... I just recommended trying it with a pen spring instead of the normal trigger spring. I was going to get a response trigger for my 98 custom, but this is starting to change my opinions on it. Thank you
Univern72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Univern72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 7:57pm
I don't have a response trigger, but I'm pretty sure there's a way to adjust how much the response trigger puts the trigger back so that you can set it so you can bounce the trigger. Assuming you're using CO2, it's normal for the gun to get cold, especially at high rates of fire. CO2 is cold. I'd say mess with his response trigger more before you decide whether or not to get one yourself.
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:02pm

use the little scre on the big fitting and back it out all the way

the spring changing wont do anything

sugarfree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugarfree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by jaked588 jaked588 wrote:

use the little scre on the big fitting and back it out all the way

the spring changing wont do anything

^^Ya you have to tweak the r-t to get it shooting how you want it to.
Signatures are **edited**
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:43pm
yea u have to find the hot spot where it works just right
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:44pm
We screwed the screw in and out in many positions, It changes how much the trigger bounces back, But we were just wondering shouldnt it just keep firing if you hold it down?
Die-Trying View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Die-Trying Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 9:05pm

yes it should but you have to hold it at a certan  pressure

also you should get the r-t i love mine.

Edited by Die-Trying
Ion
sanded and bondo'd body
Orange painted body and frame
Dead On Bullet Drop
Evo II
68/4500 crossfire
Evil pipe kit with ultra tip

FyreFly View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FyreFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by [Deadeye [Deadeye wrote:

] We screwed the screw in and
out in many positions, It changes how much the
trigger bounces back, But we were just wondering
shouldnt it just keep firing if you hold it down?

The R/T is very picky on how you use it. Using too
much pressure will cause the gun to only fire once,
using too little will also cause the gun to only fire
once. You need to first adjust the air flow to the R/T,
then you need to practice, practice, practice sweet
spotting it. Some ppl think double triggers help, I
use one on mine and it works great.

EDIT:   BTW, the more air flow to the RT, the slower it
will shoot, but the easier it will be to sweet spot. The
less air flow to the RT, the faster it will shoot and it
will become harder to sweet spot.   I have mine set
at about 12bps, kinda slow, but easier to sweet spot.

Edited by FyreFly

System X NME LE
WGP Orracle Cocker
Tippmann A-5 E-Grip & LPK
Tippmann 98C Flatline & LPK
Purrrsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purrrsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:40pm

ive got an rt and mine does that too but only when u fire a lot because the constant co2 going through the hose doesnt give it any chance to warm up and it freezes it up.  so when u see the hose freezing up just give it a few seconds to defrost then u can start shooting again.  

and yes, if u hold down the trigger it should reset it and start shooting automatic. but sometimes it wont when ur tanks low on air or when u hold the trigger too tight. but if this isnt the case than either try adjusting the rt or replacing the stock trigger spring.

Edited by Purrrsian
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Purrrsian Purrrsian wrote:

ive got an rt and mine does that too but only when u fire a lot because the constant co2 going through the hose doesnt give it any chance to warm up and it freezes it up.  so when u see the hose freezing up just give it a few seconds to defrost then u can start shooting again.  

What kind of hose do you have?

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
Purrrsian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purrrsian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:52pm

when u buy a response trigger it comes with a hose that supplies the piston that pushes ur trigger up to the valve with air

Edited by Purrrsian
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:14am
like what they all said the r/t needs to be sweet spotted. just adjust the r/t slowly tell you get it where you want. you don't want to turn it fast just in case you do miss the sweetspot your looking for. and yes the gun getting cold is normal because the co2 is traveling through your gun so much and so fast. And you can tell me if i am wrong but a a5 is capped at somewhere around 15bps and 12bps isn't that slow for it than thats almost maxed out.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 7:30am
Like I tell everyone who asks (and have now posted in the Uber FAQ) before you get firepower upgrades (if you use CO2) you want an expansion chamber or stabilizer first. The gun is becoming an ice cube because liquid CO2 is getting into the gun and freezing the beejesus out of it.

Another thing I tell everyone (mainly A-5 owners) that I suggest the E-grip over the R/T due to its ease of use- no, the R/T doesn't full auto when you hold it down, you have to put your finger in a certain position with the right pressure. Most people new at these have a strong tendancy to be unable to do this on the field when paint flies over their heads (they get too panicked/ excited), although that person may be able to sweet spot it at the target range. The E-grip for the A-5 is 20 times easier- that's the one where you hold the trigger down for full auto.

Since you have a 98C, you're only easier full-auto option is the E-bolt, which is much pricier than the E-grip. If you have the moeny, do it, otherwise you're stuck with a R/T.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Frobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 7:48am
wouldnt your fingers get cold having freezing co2 blowing at them every time you fire?
whiteknight457 View Drop Down
Guested - I got BUNKD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whiteknight457 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:22am
if you find your sweet spot and hold the trigger to that pressure, doesnt it go full auto?
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:40am
not really... one ball per trigger pull, it just bounces back.... also, would i get the freezing gun problem since i use a remote?
Paycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:47am

Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Like I tell everyone who asks (and have now posted in the Uber FAQ) before you get firepower upgrades (if you use CO2) you want an expansion chamber or stabilizer first. The gun is becoming an ice cube because liquid CO2 is getting into the gun and freezing the beejesus out of it.

Another thing I tell everyone (mainly A-5 owners) that I suggest the E-grip over the R/T due to its ease of use- no, the R/T doesn't full auto when you hold it down, you have to put your finger in a certain position with the right pressure. Most people new at these have a strong tendancy to be unable to do this on the field when paint flies over their heads (they get too panicked/ excited), although that person may be able to sweet spot it at the target range. The E-grip for the A-5 is 20 times easier- that's the one where you hold the trigger down for full auto.

Since you have a 98C, you're only easier full-auto option is the E-bolt, which is much pricier than the E-grip. If you have the moeny, do it, otherwise you're stuck with a R/T.

one more thing it depends on the weather if its too cold out side and you contiunously shoot the C02 will become liquid. like lord jovian said an expansion chamber will fix this problem. so next time you use full auto all the time make sure its not at all cold out. ive seen this happen in anywere from 0 F- 70 F

Brains, Brains, Brains!
Most Celebros mmmmmmmm!
98 custum
dye 14" barrel
double trigger
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:43pm

You have to tweak it to make it perfect. Some places wont let you use a response trigger in tournaments, keep that in mind.

The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 1:54am
just tweak it so it is just right. your buddy should have got a e-grip and you should get a e-bolt, if you have the money.
I LIKE BIKES!
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 2:14am
if he wants to go into tournies than the e grip aint good either sicne they have a bad habbit of dbounce.you can't really just full auto with it because its very hard. you get alot of brust though outta it. i would stick with the r/t and then just get a x chamber or hp. but you just have to play with it to get it where u want.
98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board