Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Poll:Which is better Halo or Goldeneye

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Poll Question: Which is the best 1st person shooter halo(X-box)Goldeneye(N64)
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
427 [53.64%]
348 [43.72%]
5 [0.63%]
5 [0.63%]
11 [1.38%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
WANNA BE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WANNA BE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 6:40pm
halo, end of discussion................
ultimatetrooper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Hardcore Ghetto Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultimatetrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:03pm

Noobs!

Perfect Dark pwnz HALO and Goldeneye together.

Perfect Dark was based off goldeneye, So for all you GE lovers it has some classic GE levels, guns and crap like that. The AI is superb! You can pick and choose the type of AI you want. The Single player is better than goldeneye. Co-op mode, BUt you can also play the bad guys as well. Pretty sweet. This game is just downright awesome. There is just way to much to type about it. And you play as a girl! Shooting ranges, combat simulater, the AI is very smart and hard. This game pwnz and is right up there with all other shooters that are out today.

And this is for Nintendo 64. Gamecubes Perfect Dark Zero should serioulsy pwn Rainbowsix 3, Splinter cell and counter strike and all other 007 games. Heck, It might even be up there with Halo-2. But I serioulsy doubt it would pwn as much as that.

Edited by ultimatetrooper
Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:14pm

Golden Eye is undisputedly one of the best shooter games of its kind, in my opinion the best of its time, along with many from today.

However, looking at the possibilities from both games, Halo's got it beat.  Once you've experienced 8 (or more) matches of CTF, Slayer, etc, there is nothing funner than that.  I've been playing Halo nearly everyday in the summer since it came out, and it hasn't ever got boring.

My group of friends usually play 8-player blood gulch with snipers/all weapons and warthogs.  For the rest of you halo crazed players out there, how do you play?

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:40pm
you are al crazy EA makes the best shooters for pc BF1942 is still awsoem with the mods veitanm is okay.  And the PC Mohaa games rule with multiplayer.  spearhead is teh best version.

Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
WANNA BE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WANNA BE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ultimatetrooper ultimatetrooper wrote:

Noobs!

Perfect Dark pwnz HALO and Goldeneye together.

Perfect Dark was based off goldeneye, So for all you GE lovers it has some classic GE levels, guns and crap like that. The AI is superb! You can pick and choose the type of AI you want. The Single player is better than goldeneye. Co-op mode, BUt you can also play the bad guys as well. Pretty sweet. This game is just downright awesome. There is just way to much to type about it. And you play as a girl! Shooting ranges, combat simulater, the AI is very smart and hard. This game pwnz and is right up there with all other shooters that are out today.

And this is for Nintendo 64. Gamecubes Perfect Dark Zero should serioulsy pwn Rainbowsix 3, Splinter cell and counter strike and all other 007 games. Heck, It might even be up there with Halo-2. But I serioulsy doubt it would pwn as much as that.

microsoft bought rareware so perfectdark zero is gunna be for xbox........just thought i should let you know

Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Doesn’t Want Sex With The Drunk Chick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by ultimatetrooper ultimatetrooper wrote:

And this is for Nintendo 64. Gamecubes Perfect Dark Zero should serioulsy pwn Rainbowsix 3, Splinter cell and counter strike and all other 007 games.

Sorry to break it to ya... But I'm almost positive that Perfect Dark Zero is Xbox exclusive.   
It's a shame.

Edited by Dark98
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:48pm
Thats no suprise, microsoft has no skill of their own, so they buy a bunch of other companies.

I wonder how many fanboys know halo was originally a mac game.
WANNA BE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WANNA BE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:50pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Thats no suprise, microsoft has no skill of their own, so they buy a bunch of other companies.

i heard it was originally going to come out for PS2, but then bungie switched to xbox.

Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:52pm
There is no comparison between halo and goldeneye.  Halo, best game ever made.
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

Goldeneye was like 5-10 years ahead of it's time. It is better than most games today IMO. I had this huge speach, but ot booted from the net, and just got back from football practice, so im too tired to type it again. BTW EA Sports is the only thing I like from that whole company. The screwed up Comand and Conquere, and could have done much better jobs on the MOH series. WTF was with the ending of MOH:RS? I though i was gonna go save the brother. Instead the game ends. EA is concerned too much with $$$ and not enough with quality i thier games. They know that they can sell MOH for just as much as Vice City, with half of the effort. Greedy turds!

What are you talking about? They didnt screw up C&C. I have them all except Generals and one of the C&C expansion packs (couldnt find it in stores) Does anyone know if a RA3 is coming out?
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:09pm

I knew that. And if I'd played it somewhere on a mac, I'd probably be using one now.

Personally, I think Halo is the best FPS of the two because of the general level of stuff that got put into it. When it came out, it was hailed as the best video game ever by a lot of people. There's a reason that it's considered that by a good number of hardcore gamers. Regardless of what Enos thinks, not all Halo fans are drooling fanboys. I personally have found tons of little things wrong with the game that bug me (one of them being that it's owned by Microsoft) but out of all the games I've ever seen or played, it wins.

Now Goldeneye.. Goldeneye is good because it's a classic. There are a lot of funny and random things to do with it, so had you asked which was the better overall game I would have picked it for the nostalgia/classic/whatever factor. That's one of the only things that Halo doesn't have yet.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Jeremy578 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Retarded filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:05am
Well first off, if your gonna make a poll, dont allow multiple votes you . Second, Perfect Dark is better than both of them. I dont even know why they allow multiple votes...
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 12:18pm
Its not up there but ut2004 forces could smash halo into oblivion.

Thats just my 2 cents.

I don't like ethier.

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 12:35pm

and a show

Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 12:56pm
LIEK OMG DEWDZ HALO ESH TEH GR8tESZT GAME EVA!!!!!!!!!!111

If Jo0 DUNT THINK SO THEN JOO R JuST A STo0PID NEWB!!! ROFLROFLROFLORFLORLFORLFOL

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 1:05pm
Senn i dont hate halo. I just dont think its NEARLY the game everyone thinks it is. The enemies are boring, the wussy enemies that say wannabe comic stuff in english are just stupid. It suffers from serious-sam syndrome through the whole game where instead of putting the player in a challenging situation with smart enemies to fight off, they just throw giant swarms of boring enemies at you. On xbox with those stupid little sticks to aim i guess that could be a challenge, but on pc its one step up from point and click with the mouse.

I admit all the friendlies running around and all the ships flying around make it immersive, but the AI sucks so much your allies just get killed right away. The outdoor maps are very well done, but the indoor maps are HORRIBLE. Halos indoor maps are honestly the worst levels ive ever seen in a game besides oni. Theyre so obviously just prefab hallways and rooms stuck together in some random pattern.

The designers even flat out concede the failure of their maps when they put little arrows on the floor and flashing lights on the doors your supposed to go to, so you dont get terribly lost in the rehashed prefab rooms that look identical.

I just dont like all the halo idiots that have probably never actually played a game with inspired level design, that puts you in situations that keep you guessing, and keep you scared.
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 1:09pm
This is why I'm waiting for Halo 2..

I never really thought about the levels that much. I usually just whiz by them and don't have time to really pay attention... although I definitely agree about the arrows and the three identical canyon crossings/control rooms... that you go through twice...

Luckily, Halo 2's AI and level design look quite good.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
PaintbalSoldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintbalSoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:46pm
The only reason I like Halo better is the online play. Without that, Goldeneye would beat Halo by a long shot.
seal 160 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seal 160 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:28pm

~~Don't read this if you don't want to hear about Halo2~~

Halo 2 is going to blow almost every game on the market out of the water but, if they make it too perfect people won't lik it but then again i could be wrong. i already have a reserve for it. i just hope it'll be all that everyone says it will. Ive seen all the previews and even know a guy from seattle who works on it he works on the alien character design. he says there will be another halo and the flood minght be in here. the covonant sieze on of the halo's library level (which i hated and never would have survived w/out the shotgun on legendary.) but i think that they activate a halo but he won't tell me... but he did tell me that the cov's have new aliens prophets and brutes. 343 guilty spark tells the covonant where earth is so expect the flying blue piece of  to be in there too and his sentinal pals. there will be atv's, troop carier warthhogs, anti tank warthhogs , anti air, and the caingun one too, also the can have treads put on them too. the aliens also have a new sniper rifle all shiney and that from a clip he showed me it looks like it dissolves marines. The sergent from halo survives from the explosion by somehow getting on a dropship before (halo the first game) explodes and makes it back to earth. your scorpion tank can also be immobilized by the covonant frying the engines. same w/the warthog and anything else. you can also get into any vehical you see covonant, human..etc.. the humans also have a new battle rifle and smgs you can carry 2 pistols or smgs but that disables you to have gernades. you can jump on vehicals like warthogs on multiplayer and kick the drivers out, there will be sweet new game modes for multiplayer such as attack and defend, the defenders get placed gun turrets the attackers get vehicals. you can also play as the covonant on multi-player and yes...you can have the lazer swords with 2 options a quick slash or a 1 hit kills heavy swing. And alot of other options. 

~~~HALO2 IS GOING TO BE INCREDIBLE~~~

Playing Delta Force 2 online is fun.my name there is the same i have here.
I hope one day to modify my Tippmann 98 custom to look like a M16.
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:35pm
I kind of have to agree with Enos Snenk about the horrendus level indoor level design.  But really, this came out in 2001.  Other games couldn't even touch halo 3 years ago.  Sure, compared to some of the games today it is blown away, but what games actully have smart AL?  Name one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic