Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NHL Lockout

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: When do you think the next NHL Season will begin?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [57.14%]
2 [28.57%]
1 [14.29%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NHL Lockout
    Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:08am

This topic probably will only make sense to anyone following the NHL right now, but anyways the NHL and NHLPA are meeting today in Toronto to discuss Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) solutions to the disagreement between the two groups.  Basically 75% of Team profits go to player salaries, causing teams to lose money, and so the owners want to try to create a new salary cap so that they can start making money.  Anyways if there isn't a new contract by I believe September 27th or something like that, there will be a lockout meaning no 05-06 NHL Season or the season starting late.

So what do you think? sry if this is kind of confusing

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:11am
They'll start regular times. They better I have season ticket package BTW whos your favorite team?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:15am

I like the Wings, how about you?

Also people lets not turn this into a debate over the best team and non of that "that team sucks, such and such is the best"  dan db09 simply asked whos your favorite team.

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:18am
I like the Dallas Stars, Even though I live in New Jersey, I bought a season ticket package for the Flyers because I'll go watch any hockey game.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:22am

ya i'll watch any team play

this reminds me

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:25am
Im guessing we'll find out tonight or tomorrow what they are doing with the Season?

I still dont get why they release the schedule when they dont even know if they're going to play.

Edited by Dan db09
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:30am
I really don't know its all kind of confusing, they have had several meetings so far and I would expect them to possibly have more, I think this one is to just present some solutions
Ph34r View Drop Down

If I were a rich man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ph34r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:35am

Woot, another Wings fan. I think the season will start on time.

Roy was owned by Vernon.

SP Impulse:
SP Q-Lock
SP LPR
NDZ Mag Trig
NDZ Equalizer Bolt
Dye Stickies
Phat On/Off
3 Hammerheads

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:37am

Theyve done it before, they will do it again. I want to say maybe 92-93 is when the last lockout was. The players have got to relise that if the teams start losing money its a downhill slope into bankrupsy. Just look what happen to the IHL.

Anyway, im a Lightnings fan. And im no bandwagon jumper either, I bought and still have a Tampa Bay jersey from 1992, their first season...

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:43am
Windg are my second favorite team but Dallas is my favorite.

My Favorite Player

Mike Modano
Ph34r View Drop Down

If I were a rich man...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ph34r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:51am

Modo is good, but he falls short of Stevie Y.

SP Impulse:
SP Q-Lock
SP LPR
NDZ Mag Trig
NDZ Equalizer Bolt
Dye Stickies
Phat On/Off
3 Hammerheads

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:52am

My favorite Player: 3 Time Norris Trophy Winner (best defenseman) Nicklas Lidstrom said to be the best blue liner in the NHL.  I have a few other  favorites, Yzerman and Shanahan but I think Lidstrom wins

:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:54am

It's all about the Rangers...They have it this season, I know it! lol

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:57am
^^ ya never know a lot of teams are almost completly changing their rosters like the rangers
iloveA-5 #2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iloveA-5 #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 12:01pm
Penguins Baby!!!!!!  Marc-Andre Fleury is my favorite since im a goalie
Pittsburgh Amateur Penguins
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 12:14pm
Penguins might get a little better because they have Recchi.
KillerCanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerCanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by iloveA-5 #2 iloveA-5 #2 wrote:

Penguins Baby!!!!!! Marc-Andre Fleury is my favorite since im a goalie

WOOT! Go Screaming Eagles!!! lol...(The minor league team Fleury's on)

Anyway, I'm a big Senators Fan! Hey, did anyone see the game last year when Chara tossed around McCabe like a rag doll. That was the funniest thing I've seen in hockey.

I'll go Home, I'll go Home,
Full of the devil and full of the rum.
I'll go home, oh I'll go home,
I'll go home in the morning.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 1:52pm
Im going to the Senators Flyers game that should be fun like last year.
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I dont have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 9:27pm
Mario's team!!
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 9:44pm
NHL...you mean people still care about it?

quite frankly...i hope they go on a lockout..I hate having the tv taken up by hockey.

Me has feeling I should put flameproof suit on....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic