Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Live Strong Bands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Do people really care about the cause?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [26.32%]
14 [73.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Frostbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frostbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live Strong Bands
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:02pm
I work at Champs Sports and we use to sell the Live strong wrist bands... Well i know its a kind of old subject but their have been alot of people comming in to buy the bands. Well i noticed most of the people are teens (mostly girls) who come in asking if we have the lance armstrong bands. One guy even came in and was like "um do you have the yellow rubber bands???" And it was making me angry because it seems like the whole point of the band is going down hill. I bought one becasue when we got them I read the cause and figured it was a good cause. But now adays it seems people just want them to look cool or someting... Anyone else feel the same way?

Edited by Frostbolt
Sumo_Monkey22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’m too sexy for my teeth ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumo_Monkey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:04pm
Fad
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:04pm
Who cares why they are buying them. As long as they pay money for them, donations are given to Armstrongs charities. That is enough reason for me to buy one.

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:04pm
Who cares? It's getting money for cancer patients.

EDIT: Dammit, Hades got here first.

Edited by Ejp414

Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:08pm
i dunno that its a fad im the only person i know with any interest in them. but yeah like hades said what does it matter they're supporting cancer research even if they are just buying into a fad

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Who cares why they are buying them. As long as they pay money for them, donations are given to Armstrongs charities. That is enough reason for me to buy one.

as long as they reach the goal of 7 million dollars.

Edited by youm0nt
Frostbolt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frostbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

Who cares? It's getting money for cancer patients.

EDIT: Dammit, Hades got here first.

Well the decription on the box we received said it goes to the survivors of cancer... now ill be honest nike wouldent sponser it if it wasent a good cause, and i dont want to sound ignorant but my co worker said that it shoudlent go to suvivors because they already beat cancer and it should go towared people who acctuly have it. I was still was sketchy but bought on becasue i thought it was a good cause.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:15pm
its also for research
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I see a lot of people whereing them.  they are cool.  I want one personally myself..

Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Frostbolt Frostbolt wrote:

now ill be honest nike wouldent sponser it if it wasent a good cause

maybe nike needs to work on those sweatshops in indonesia too

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:22pm
I found an Adidas wrist band cleaning a theater, so I took it, and now its mine.

Booya
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:43pm
i think its both, it's cashing in on the successful advertising spawning from Armstrongs reccent fame, but i think it is a good thing.

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:46pm
No its a waste of money because its just a fad.
(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:46pm
waste of money?!?
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:49pm
What % of the money payed for the wristbands actually goes to the charitys?

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:49pm
To me its a waste of money to go out and buy those arm bands when its only a fad and they'll go out as fast as they came in.
General_Sprats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General_Sprats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:23pm
Yeah I bought one of those.  I hope it does go to the Cancer Research funds, but you never know, they could just me made for companys to get money.
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:30pm
As Tae said I would like to know how much actually goes to the cancer fund and how much lines Lance Armstrong and others pockets.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:56pm
if you want to donate money to a charity, Give it straight to the charity. dont buy something thinking its all going to the charity, cause it isnt.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 11:45pm
I just thought the bands were so stylish......

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic