FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry’s "Promises"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kerry’s "Promises"
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:28pm
 So, I was watching an interview with John Kerry and his VP candidate (who i happen to think is a pretty good guy that made a bad choice in a partner). Anyway, he was sitting there saying that he didn't attack Bush like bush attacked him personaly. What he really meant was that he didn't attack him "directly". In his speach, he made several remarks like" I won't mislead you into war", which is an obvious attack to Bush. Then the reporter says something like "but you have said it before" then Kerry says something like  "you said that i attacked you in my speach, i didn't" or something, which he didn't directly attack him (well sorta), but he has before. Kerry said that he hadn't attacked him. *Flip*Flop*. ANway. then he says that he is gonna lower taxes, then he starts talking about all of these programs and what not that he promises to do. What i am wondering, is how is he gonna do all of this stuff, without money? I know Kerry is notorious (sp) for changing his mind from speach to speach, but this was the same interview.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:30pm
Hah

Dude, complaining that a candidate cant accomplish their promises is about as big a waste of energy as mowing the yard.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Hah

Dude, complaining that a candidate cant accomplish their promises is about as big a waste of energy as mowing the yard.

lol. hes right. Presidential canidates always make promises that can't be kept.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:32pm
 Im not complaining. Im informing. I find it ammusing to listen to politicians talk. It's like listening to the "magic 8 ball"!
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:34pm
Yeah kerry is a big fart...

Mountainranger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:08pm
A Presiden't can't lower taxes on their own. They have to get their ideas through Congress before anything can happen. Basically, if Kerry is elected and the Republicans still control Congress, neither party will get anything done because Kerry will propose things, which will be shot down, and Congress will pass things that Kerry will veto. It's that simple.
You know who I feel sorry for? Arabs who just really want to become crop dusters.
cadet_sergeant View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More power to deflector shields, Scotty!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cadet_sergeant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:19pm

i dont see how congress will want lowered taxes, arnt there pay checks from taxes? isnt Bush's check from taxes isnt Kerrys check from taxes? where are they going to get the money to pay for the tax cut? school's? Social Security? Military? probley a little from all of them (maybe not) but im quiet sure it wont come out of his pocket or the pockets of congress, even though they are tax payers them selfs. they wont receive lower pay.

VOTE ENOS 2028 

wonder who enos would pick for VP?  

thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:22pm
[QUOTE=cadet_sergeant]

i dont see how congress will want
lowered taxes, arnt there pay checks from taxes? isnt Bush's
check from taxes isnt Kerrys check from taxes? where are they
going to get the money to pay for the tax cut? school's? Social
Security? Military? probley a little from all of them (maybe not)
but im quiet sure it wont come out of his pocket or the pockets
of congress, even though they are tax payers them selfs. they
wont receive lower pay.

VOTE ENOS 2028 

wonder who enos would pick for VP?  

[/
QUOTE]

YES!!! I also wonder who he would pick for VP.
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:28pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

as big a waste of energy as mowing the yard.

but thats how i get my money

Edited by oreomann33
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:29pm
 AGAIN WITH THE QUOTE ERROR! J/K
tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

Yeah kerry is a big fart...
just like enos
andyhughes View Drop Down
~-o@ <-- Snail smoking a cigarette

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

Yeah bush is a big fart...
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by John Kerry John Kerry wrote:

Yes, I own many SUVs

No, I dont own any SUVs... my family owns them

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:35am

Originally posted by pballa j.r. pballa j.r. wrote:

Yes, I give to many charities with my own money. 

No, I dont! I said I give to charities with the state's tax money! But I write it off as my own. 

Im J/K off course, I hope I don't get busted for slander or something.

Edited by hashi2008
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:37am
Kerry or Bush, half of America still won't vote, so either way, America loses.

"Don't you hate pants?"
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 4:09pm
 MTV is trying to get youing people to vote, but thier stuff is consistantly Democrat bias. Anyway, I would like to see more Black Republicans. My bro's g/f told these black girls that gas may raise even more if Kerry was elected president, and said some other stuff. They wouldn't even think of voting Kerry now, but they still refused to even think of voting Bush.
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 4:58pm
Wow... it would help if you used an actual argument against Kerry, but seeing as your opinions (like most stupid conservatives) are based solely on quotes taken out of context like "I won't midlead you into war" and then saying "I didn't attack Bush." That frankly pales into comparison when you consider that Bush said that Iraq was importing radioactive materials from Africa and had weapons of mass destruction. In a STATE OF THE UNION address. Naturally, Iraq had neither the African uranium nor any weapons of mass destruction. Oh, and the whole "I'm going to make America safer" attitude that Bush is purporting himself to be is a load of crap. Before 9/11, Bush was so preoccupied with getting his tax cuts through, he decided (yes I realize it's Congress's decision too) to cut security programs at airports that the Clinton administration had put into place before 2000. Hmm... let's see, taxes are cut, security programs at airports are cut, then 9/11 happens. Holy crap! Looks like Bush screwed up there. Not to mention his economic policies. If you don't cut taxes for the middle/lower classes and raise them (slightly) for the upper classes, then the class structure divides, putting a great difference in wealth between the upper class and everyone else. Being a democrat, Kerry favors getting rid of Bush's tax cut and reinstating a Clinton-esque tax system (when we had the highest economic growth in US history, as well as the highest budget surplus in history).

And let's not even mention the way that the far right is trying to restrict our freedom (except for that oh-so-precious right to bear arms, that the right definitely can't be without, but peoples' intrinsic rights to liberty, to do, socially speaking, what they feel is right, and what they want (i.e. **edited** marriage) are expendable).
X
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 5:33pm
 Guns don't kill you stupid missinformed, media crap filled, idiot! People kill. If i misspell something, can I blame it on the pen? NO! And you can't blame the echonomy solely (or even mostly) on a President. If stupid, food stamp collecting, bum, losers would get jobs (I'm not directing this to all people without jobs), then the echonomy would be a lot better. You want an acctual arguement against Kerry, here's one I have been saving. Abortion is soo freaking wrong, especialy the later kinds. Little  who don't want to have to have babies, and screw thier whole town are using this like a safeguard. It is freaking murder! Taking things like drugs and pills that can kill a baby after knowing that you have a baby, and killing him/her is just like neglect, which you can get jail time for. So is Abortion. People keep complaining about rape victoms, well to bad! Killing a baby is just wrong, born or unborn. Those people are just sick, and I have 0 respect for anyone who supports abbortion in those ways. I would be happier if abortion was only allowed for rape victoms, but it wouldn't make everything right and moral. You people (Democrats) are always for "Rights for Everyone", well what about babies? Hypocrite turds!
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Enuff Z’Nuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 5:47pm
First off, I didn't say that guns should be outlawed, because, frankly, I don't think they should. I think gun control is absolutely necessary (like people having gun locks if they have kids). Because, if guns are outlawed, then just the criminals will have guns. (On a side note, there are huge parallels with this and the war on drugs, but I'll not bring it up here). And talking about people who don't have jobs, how about the millions upon millions of jobs that have been lost as a result of the recession that Bush and the conservatives have been a huge instigator for? You're saying that it's their fault that their company has lost money and has to fire people (even AFTER the huge tax cuts Bush has given them).

Secondly, abortion is a matter of personal preference. It's whether you think a ball of cells is the same thing as a living, breathing person (which it isn't, as it can't live on its own... ie without a host).

Oh, thirdly, nice job on attacking my posts on the war on Iraq and the Bush's irresponsible fiscal policies. You sure proved me wrong.

Oh wait. You didn't.
X
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 5:52pm
 Sarcasm like that is just a distraction from real topics that don't really matter. You asked for a real topic. I gave it to you, and since you can't argue it well, you resort to sarcasm and attacking what i didn't cover, rather than what i did.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic