Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kerry’s "Promises"

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kerry’s "Promises"
    Posted: 06 August 2004 at 1:45am




Some people in this thread need to take a deep breath, pop some valium. and CALM DOWN. Debates are one thing, but some responses here have bordered on flames.
Back to Top
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 May 2003
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 12983
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 1:30am
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

   Comparing that to a monkey is an invalid analogy, as a monkey does not take part in forming a human being, while a sperm does.


Although considering how screwed up society in general is, monkeys may end up playing a part in that sometime in the near future.


Although you and I dissagree alot, you still managed to make me laugh.

Back to Top
spydero99 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested: Spamming, immaturity

Joined: 17 November 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydero99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:54pm

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

well i still fail to see the problem with whites being the minority.

i sont see a proble either, i just think its wierd cause whites were like a 1 black for every 5 whites, now its like the opposite, i dont have a prob w/ it, but its wierd how minorities have majorly swung around

erm, eh, well, ok, your right, i am sorry Enos, i dont know what i ever did, but you have jurasdiction over the forum, so, i am sorry for all i have done to offen you Enos

Back to Top
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Enuff Z誰uff

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:47pm
well i still fail to see the problem with whites being the minority.
X
Back to Top
spydero99 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested: Spamming, immaturity

Joined: 17 November 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydero99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

Sad that whites are the minority? I really don't see a big problem with that, actually. I mean, America IS sort of a "melting pot" of races. Actually, I hope that you just phrased that wrong and aren't really a racist piece of **edited**.

And illegal immigrants do NOT constitute half of America. In fact, I think they'd constitute an even smaller portion if corporations were forced to pay them the same wages as citizens.

umm... well i wasnt serious about the illegal immarents, but i am serious about whits being a minority in my town

erm, eh, well, ok, your right, i am sorry Enos, i dont know what i ever did, but you have jurasdiction over the forum, so, i am sorry for all i have done to offen you Enos

Back to Top
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Enuff Z誰uff

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:39pm
Sad that whites are the minority? I really don't see a big problem with that, actually. I mean, America IS sort of a "melting pot" of races. Actually, I hope that you just phrased that wrong and aren't really a racist piece of **edited**.

And illegal immigrants do NOT constitute half of America. In fact, I think they'd constitute an even smaller portion if corporations were forced to pay them the same wages as citizens.
X
Back to Top
spydero99 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested: Spamming, immaturity

Joined: 17 November 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spydero99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by Funky Funky wrote:

Kerry or Bush, half of America still won't vote, so either way, America loses.

well half of america cant vote cause they are illegal citizens, whats really sad is in my town the most numerous population is mexicans, then blacks then whites, so pretty much whites are the minority

erm, eh, well, ok, your right, i am sorry Enos, i dont know what i ever did, but you have jurasdiction over the forum, so, i am sorry for all i have done to offen you Enos

Back to Top
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Enuff Z誰uff

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:22pm
Oh, Hashi... Hashi, Hashi, Hashi... you have so much to learn. Number one being finishing your attack on my previous post (remember when you said you'd say something about my last paragraph?) Secondly, you might call me a "band geek" and that's cool. I mean, notwithstanding the fact that I've never been in the "band" at school (string instruments play in what's called an orchestra, you uncultured slob), that's an entirely accurate statement.

Finally, I may critique you for your abuse of the English language, but your debating is far less convincing when you can't spell anything but monosyllabic words correctly (actually, I was mistaken... your great spelling of "scull" still amazes me. Somehow I doubt that you have a 4.0)

Oh, and Ejp... just wanted to say that perhaps I don't write elOquently (emphasis on the O, you veritable walking dictionary, you.), but at least I use correct spelling and punctuation. Yours is, in the least, haphazard. Oh, that and I've researched abortion plenty, as well as taken plenty of biology courses, so I know very well the processes involved in creating a living human being. It seems to me (based on my research and study) that a ball of cells is not the same as a human, nor is it living in the sense that you and I are living. Does that help you at all? I mean, do I have to spell it out for you one more time and have you try to argue semantics with me? I also love how you countered my last post. Oh wait. You didn't. You just said that I didn't play fair. Oh, poor ejp... I didn't fight fair by insulting your dumb**edited** logic? And you were fighting fair by comparing my train of thought about legalizing abortion to a terrorist act of blowing up an abortion clinic? My advice to you is to get the hell out of this forum before you get proved wrong again. And next time, try and write coherently and follow the general rules of logic before you prove to everyone that you're a dumbass and the other person is right.

With lots of love,
Tommy
X
Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

 
EDIT: By the way, it sounds to me like you are merely marching along party lines spitting out pre-written arguments. Have you ever had to deal with a situation that involves abortion? I suppose not if you're spending all your time playing the violin or the viola. Great instruments, by the way, I plan on taking violin lessons this year.

I've delt with several situations involving abortion. Does that make me a viable candidate for debate?



Yes, it does. And as I've said, it's my weakest point because I believe it's immoral and beyond that reasoning, I can't really say much.

Multi-Colored Jay: You just don't seem to write very elequently. I suggest you research the topic a bit more. I'd offer counterpoints, but it doesn't seem to be quite worth it because I know I could say anything and you'd fling endless amounts of insults like last time. My argument stands.
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:07pm
I'm sensing a strike three in your future.
Back to Top
tippy98aac View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 28 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy98aac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:06pm
hey buddy lay off the band geeks.
Tippy 98 c
Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:05pm
 I was talking about your little cheer on the first page ( maybe the second). I can understand wanting to look up girls skirts, but why do you have to **edited** up this forum.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:02pm

Originally posted by hashi2008 hashi2008 wrote:

 Hey Dune, do yourself and the forum a favor, and go to Camp Jim (That MTV show with the **edited** dude). You need practice. Also, I have never had a GPA below 4.0, and the coaches tape the games for watching and correcting mistakes in formations/plays. Of course, a band geek like you who proofreads every post and crys about every little thing wouldn't know much about that. I hope someone locks this poll, before you spread around more crap.

I think I just threw up in my mouth when I read this.

It's funny that you think I'm homosexual just because I believe in tolerance. If you can't handle getting owned in a debate, then just read up on the Ideas Forum.

Back to Top
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1267
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:58pm
 Hey Dune, do yourself and the forum a favor, and go to Camp Jim (That MTV show with the **edited** dude). You need practice. Also, I have never had a GPA below 4.0, and the coaches tape the games for watching and correcting mistakes in formations/plays. Of course, a band geek like you who proofreads every post and crys about every little thing wouldn't know much about that. I hope someone locks this poll, before you spread around more crap.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Back to Top
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
<placeholder>

Joined: 05 February 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 4347
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:14pm

Originally posted by Ejp414 Ejp414 wrote:

 
EDIT: By the way, it sounds to me like you are merely marching along party lines spitting out pre-written arguments. Have you ever had to deal with a situation that involves abortion? I suppose not if you're spending all your time playing the violin or the viola. Great instruments, by the way, I plan on taking violin lessons this year.

I've delt with several situations involving abortion. Does that make me a viable candidate for debate?

Back to Top
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Enuff Z誰uff

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:13pm
fractus, how exactly does allowing homosexuals to marry translate into foreigners running for president? you sound like a stupid conservative who likes to throw around things that scare people, and you do so without thinking. You're the kind of person who'll say "the US is so close to communism and we don't even realize it!" You scare people into thinking the same way as you. I think that makes you, to use a popular phrase, un-American.
X
Back to Top
fractus.scud View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
well I have no title

Joined: 23 February 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 925
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:02pm
first we allow **edited** marrige. Then it's "lets let foreigners run for president" then it's "only do what the UN wants. Were slowly taking apart the intracate system thats held our country together all these years. And Kerry highers taxes on the "rich" not the middle class. So how does a middle class person expect to "climb up the food chain" they can't. And where is your proof of Bush cutting security prior to 9/11. Ive been all over and before 9/11 there was no security, even years ago with Clinton. None.

Benny go home!
Back to Top
tippy98aac View Drop Down
Member
Member


Joined: 28 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy98aac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

Wow... it would help if you used an actual argument against Kerry, but seeing as your opinions (like most stupid conservatives) are based solely on quotes taken out of context like "I won't midlead you into war" and then saying "I didn't attack Bush." That frankly pales into comparison when you consider that Bush said that Iraq was importing radioactive materials from Africa and had weapons of mass destruction. In a STATE OF THE UNION address. Naturally, Iraq had neither the African uranium nor any weapons of mass destruction. Oh, and the whole "I'm going to make America safer" attitude that Bush is purporting himself to be is a load of crap. Before 9/11, Bush was so preoccupied with getting his tax cuts through, he decided (yes I realize it's Congress's decision too) to cut security programs at airports that the Clinton administration had put into place before 2000. Hmm... let's see, taxes are cut, security programs at airports are cut, then 9/11 happens. Holy crap! Looks like Bush screwed up there. Not to mention his economic policies. If you don't cut taxes for the middle/lower classes and raise them (slightly) for the upper classes, then the class structure divides, putting a great difference in wealth between the upper class and everyone else. Being a democrat, Kerry favors getting rid of Bush's tax cut and reinstating a Clinton-esque tax system (when we had the highest economic growth in US history, as well as the highest budget surplus in history).

And let's not even mention the way that the far right is trying to restrict our freedom (except for that oh-so-precious right to bear arms, that the right definitely can't be without, but peoples' intrinsic rights to liberty, to do, socially speaking, what they feel is right, and what they want (i.e. **edited** marriage) are expendable).


Tippy 98 c
Back to Top
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member


Joined: 07 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2683
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Multi-Colored J Multi-Colored J wrote:

   Comparing that to a monkey is an invalid analogy, as a monkey does not take part in forming a human being, while a sperm does.


Although considering how screwed up society in general is, monkeys may end up playing a part in that sometime in the near future.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Back to Top
Multi-Colored J View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Enuff Z誰uff

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 0
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Multi-Colored J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 6:37pm
First of all, you don't know what you're talking about concerning DNA. Try taking an advanced biology course. You said that sperm does not have human DNA. It does. It has half the HUMAN DNA necessary to complete the genome. It does not, however, have a full human genome. Comparing that to a monkey is an invalid analogy, as a monkey does not take part in forming a human being, while a sperm does. I didn't contradict myself; I just said it right, while you don't know how to form a coherent sentence and argue biology.

Yes, a zygote is FORMING a human being. That statement implies that it is NOT a human being. It's just like when you're making an ice cream sundae (forgive the stupid analogy, but I think you'll get my point), in that the ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, and cherry, when put together, make a tasty treat. However, taken alone, they do not equal a sundae. Secondly, if a zygote is not a human being but is still living, what the hell is it? It would really help if you clarified some statements here. Thirdly, a zygote being dependent on a mother IS different than someone relying on a nurse to feed them, because a zygote is BIOLOGICALLY dependent on a mother to live. It's not depending on someone's good nature for them to CONTINUE living, but, rather, it is NOT a human being, and needs a host that it is BIOLOGICALLY dependent on to BECOME a human being.

I'm not going to source all my statements because each state has different laws regarding pregnant women. I'm sure that for every example I give you, I'll have others from other states. Oh, and I don't think masturbation is murder. You're stupid for not recognizing sarcasm directed at Hashi's ludicrous analogies. Good job at reading between the lines there, buddy.

Lastly, you comparing my argument to someone bombing abortion clinics is entirely faulty. Just because certain arguments have a few general similarities ("wrong, unreasonable, and outright ridiculous" which, incidentally, are subjective terms that don't follow logic or debating rules... we need facts here). Try taking a speech/debate class sometime, and you'll learn that that kind of comparison just ruins your argument.

Oh wait, one more thing. Just because I haven't had a personal experience with abortion doesn't mean I'm not entitled to an opinion on it. Especially because, for some reason, I doubt you have, either. Should I say that, because you're quite obviously of significantly lower intelligence than me that you shouldn't be allowed to talk about things like this? Or that since you can't recognize sarcasm you should be stopped from engaging in online discussions where the other people in it are much smarter and better-versed in the English language than you? (Oh, if you didn't realize it, that was sarcasm right there.)

Oh, and by the way, I'm not spitting out political arguments. I actually have to form my own opinions, and I actually think about what I'm posting, rather than making a concerted (but really unsuccessful, nonetheless) effort to make myself appear smarter than I actually am.
X
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.203 seconds.