Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which Tippmann

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
emo_punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emo_punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which Tippmann
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:01pm

Okay, i know there are a bunch of these topics out there but they all stray off somewhere different.  So i wanna know, what is the best gun to get and why...the 98 coustom or the A-5?

Thanx

I snuck up on the bunkered enemy wondering if i should ask him to surender...naw...
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:02pm
search.

prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:07pm
search
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:45pm

Yeah, search noob!

But really, the a-5 is best.  I just like the 98c more.  Its kind of a preference thing, with the cyclone feed, the field strip and how it is made.

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:47pm
yeah what Notorious Bob said...
Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:50pm
If you've never owned a gun before and are short on funds then pick up a 98. If you've used one before and want something with a little more to it then the A-5. I'm happy with my 98s though and I've played for 4 years now. I still have and play with my first 98.
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
paintballer_3k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer_3k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:04pm
 I have a 98c and it is nice! 1 of my brothers friends has a a5 and he dosent do that great! He has been playing paintball for? O about 10 years i bet! I dont know, its up to you! If you want to spend a lot of money go for the A5! Flat out the A5 is a lot better performance wise!PEACE! 
Tippmann 98
Werks 16" barrel
Veiwloader Quantum
Dusk Diablo and VL Predator Paintballs
2 14oz Co2 tanks
***baller***
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by paintballer_3k paintballer_3k wrote:

I have a 98c and it is nice! 1 of my brothers friends has a a5 and he dosent do that great! He has been playing paintball for? O about 10 years i bet! I dont know, its up to you! If you want to spend a lot of money go for the A5! Flat out the A5 is a lot better performance wise!PEACE! 

People should stop judging how good a gun is by how good the person is.

Mehs View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:09pm

Well, the 98 has the cyclone feed, and field strip, and those are the only 2 features I know that are different, the good part about the cyclonefeed is that you don't have to spend that much on an electric hopper (which will help for less chopping balls from a high rate of fire).  Also, if you want full auto on the a5, you can get the e-grip, which is a lot cheaper than the e-bolt (which is for the 98 custom). 

Hope that helps.

[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
crimp_dragun View Drop Down
Guested - Constant troublemaker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimp_dragun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:24pm
pro/carbine
paintballplaya1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballplaya1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:49pm

if you have alot of money go for the A-5, if not the 98 is still really durable. thats why most paintball parks use it as thier rental guns. but if 'ur like me and like a whole bunch of firepower then go for the A-5, i just recently went to s.c. paintball park and tested it, im shooting around 17 balls per second.with the help of the cyclone feed of course. the A-5 ROCKS!!

Insomnia_CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia_CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:40pm

98c - cheaper, more ups.

A-5 - more expensive, already has a fast loader, field strip feature.

Its all about personal reference, your choice.

crimp_dragun View Drop Down
Guested - Constant troublemaker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crimp_dragun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:46pm
PRO/CARBINE!
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:59pm
Err get the custom.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 8:30pm
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Mehs Mehs wrote:

Well, the 98 has the cyclone feed, and field strip, and those are the only 2 features I know that are different, the good part about the cyclonefeed is that you don't have to spend that much on an electric hopper (which will help for less chopping balls from a high rate of fire).  Also, if you want full auto on the a5, you can get the e-grip, which is a lot cheaper than the e-bolt (which is for the 98 custom). 

Hope that helps.

^The 98c has the Cyclone Feed......what in god's name are you smokin?!?!

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
General_Sprats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General_Sprats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:17pm

Personally myself I would have to go with the Carbine.  I think when they are pimped out all the way they look great. 

emo_punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emo_punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:21pm
Thanx guys...
I snuck up on the bunkered enemy wondering if i should ask him to surender...naw...
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:29pm

Well if your playing woodsball then get the A-5 because it ha way more accuracy.But if your playing speedball then get the 98c, because you can put anything on it.And some people say that the A-5's hopper sticks out too much so they don't like it.But if you get an electric or motorized hopper then it's just as good as a stock A-5.Go with the 98c.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 12:00am
what kinda gun was that which enos posted?  it looks like a carbine but i dont think it is
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic