Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet Revolver - Contraband

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet Revolver - Contraband
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:31pm

What are your thoughts? Love or hate?...I'm not the biggest Guns n' Roses fan...I liked the music but I never like axl...I'm a very big STP fan so of course I was thrilled to see Weiland doing a project that seemed to have potential...I wasn't sure what to expect...When Audioslave first came out as Civilian and I heard some rough demo's off the interent i thought it was a great idea...the ratm band with one of my favorite singers of all time (i loved soundgarden)...but I was very disapointed with the cd as a whole...there was really good songs on it don't get me wrong but it seems like the whole album was leftover rage songs with cornell singing his lyrics...I was very impressed with VR's album as it held some stp sound to it but was a very different band than stp or gnr...Velvet REvolver seems more of a band than a sideproject as I think Audioslave failed to do so...This was a great hookup...Lyrics are great and the songs are outstanding...I give Contraband a rating of 9 out of 10

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:44pm
I personally thought the cd was very dissapointing.

Slither and Fall to pieces are the only truely great songs on the cd, and anymore im starting to get sick of slither.

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:47pm
never heard of them
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

never heard of them

Deprived..........

Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:10pm
It sounds more STP than Guns and Roses.

I don't mind some of it...

Two of my favourite albums are Purple and Tiny Music, but the other STP albums never did anything for me...

"Don't you hate pants?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:10pm

Originally posted by Funky Funky wrote:

It sounds more STP than Guns and Roses.

I don't mind some of it...

Two of my favourite albums are Purple and Tiny Music, but the other STP albums never did anything for me...

Even core?

Core was the best album IMO

MotleyCrueFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MotleyCrueFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:12pm
i like them. i always liked GNR so i think their pretty good.
woodsballer87 View Drop Down

Acme All-Purpose Member Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:15pm
its some ok stuff...i just dont think that bands that go away and try to make come backs never work... i mean Guns 'N Roses tried it and they failed, big time. only good part of them was Slash. look at Van Halen too, they're trying to make a comeback but who actually likes their new stuff? or the old stuff for that matter.

Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:39pm
i like the noe song slither, but thats all i've heard, i'm gonna buy the CD soon.

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:33pm

i like guns and roses but wut i've never figured out is why do som ny poeple dislike axle rose did he do somehting

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by tyranny tyranny wrote:

i like guns and roses but wut i've never figured out is why do som ny poeple dislike axle rose did he do somehting

He was selfish and cocky.

Coming in May 2005!
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:35pm
guns n roses,,,, velvet revolver,,,, those arnt close. LOL i think there cool ever sinse axel when wierd
<1 meg sig = bad>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:40pm

He fired the entire band.

*I was actually very pissed off when I saw Buckethead and Brain playing in the "new" guns n' roses

Edited by :ShockeR_ratm:

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:44pm
i don't like the velvet revolver.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

*I was actually very pissed off when I saw Buckethead and Brain playing in the "new" guns n' roses

oooo ok thanx but isn't firing the whole band kinda like quitting

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:11pm

Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

oooo ok thanx but isn't firing the whole band kinda like quitting

No...He fired the band and took the Guns n' Roses named and hired new people and went on tour

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:14pm
HATE IT!
(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
Shub View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I donít have one either. Is that good???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:45pm
Slither is a good song, the bits of Contraband that I have heard sounds alright, but I am still disppointed that Weiland broke up STP for VR. Nothing against VR, but STP was one of my favorite bands of the 90s, and they were showing a lot of promise when they released Shangre La De Da
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic