Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I was wondering...load time...forum..dot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I was wondering...load time...forum..dot
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:38pm
Ok so I was thinking (yeah...still hurts)... Would the load time be faster if someone with a pic in their sig posted more than once in a thread but their sig pic only showed up on their first post?
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
VisionIMP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VisionIMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:38pm
Unless you got 56k no need to worry!
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:39pm
the forum takes a long time for me to load anyway sometimes.  (comcast cable 1.5 meg)  sometimes it takes like 5-10 seconds for me to get to another part of the forum.  sometiems it takes like 1 second, which is still too long.  i was thinking it could be that alot of people are on or the forums are just slow.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:46pm
I got DSL and it only takes 1-2 seconds.

Im not complaining

Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:58pm
If it loads the image once, it might as well load it again.
SandMan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Semper Fidelis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SandMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:18pm
Nope... Wouldn't make any difference at all. Once the image is cached, it doesn't take any further loading time to display it again.

Also, the forum can be slow on ANY connection. The guy with DSL can't count or is not telling 100% of the truth. I've got a T1 at work and 3MBps Comcast cable at home and it's relatively slow on both connections.

All that said, bandwidth is not the problem. We have heavy traffic and a lot of posts on the forum. The server takes a little bit to process it all.
Real Men Love Cheeses
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:23pm
i have comcast and its quick as anything for me

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic