Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

An Outside view of US Politics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KillerCanuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillerCanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Outside view of US Politics
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:16pm
Ok, I'm not trying to start up another one of those heated debates that end up in a flame war. I just thought I'd share with you some thoughts I had today.

Since I'm Canadian and have no influence on who will be the next president, I've tried to look at everything I see on the news in an unbiased manner. I'm not a liberal or a conservative, so why take sides. But then I thought, thats what the problem is. You are either a libral or a conservative. You vote for the political Left, or the politcal Right. There is no inbetween. You end up with a president who will rush into conflict, or another who wont go into a fight when you need to.

So why not get rid of the two party system. We dont have one up here in Canada, and it seems to be working pretty well. Because the way I see it, if you could somehow merge Bush and Kerry together, you'd likely get a pretty decent president.

But hey, thats just an outsiders two cents worth. I could be totally off, but just sharing my little bit of thought.

I'll go Home, I'll go Home,
Full of the devil and full of the rum.
I'll go home, oh I'll go home,
I'll go home in the morning.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:20pm
you make it seem like canda is perfect.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:22pm

Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

you make it seem like canda is perfect.

Hell, its political system is less screwed up than the US's

besides, the democratic and republican parties are so similar its not about party right now, its for or against bush

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:24pm
I have always had respect for Canada and it's system. I find many things in their government that I would like to have applied to ours. Canada's former female Prime Minister was on Bill Mahr Friday night and I was very enthrawled by her ideas and feelings. I wish we would have a leader much like her.
Monk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:25pm
There is more than two parties in a presidential race.
/\ /\ \/ \/ < > < > B A START
BARREL BREAK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Prettiest Princess in all the lands

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BARREL BREAK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:32pm

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

yeah, right...

newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by BARREL BREAK BARREL BREAK wrote:

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

yeah, right...

Hello. In the 2000 election, if everyone who voted for Nader instead voted for Gore (which political affiliation would have) then there'd be no need for recount, Gore would have won.

Think before you type.

:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:46pm
Just like how Bill Clinton beat Bob Dole

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Dazed View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Romped around naked in thorn bushes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dazed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:48pm
Not necessarily everyone. Some would have picked Bush simply because they didn't want Gore in. Same thing that happens every election.
Snipa69 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soulectomy complete in 3...2...1...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipa69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:10pm
As far as I'm concerned, when the president is in office he is neither right wing or left wing, because now he is representing all of the people of the united states.
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:49pm

this is pointless is this all the life that some people have is to argue with people that you don't know. When I first joined I thought thatthis was cool but now i figuered it out. Yall can argue all you want and say the same thing when someone reposts this same topic. But how many people can you really change the mind of. Goodbye I think I'll leave

Edited by Blue Hopper
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Blue Hopper Blue Hopper wrote:

this is pointless is this all the life soe people have to argue with people that you don't know

I was reading that then my page refreshed for some reason.
Project Irene View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:03pm

Originally posted by Snipa69 Snipa69 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, when the president is in office he is neither right wing or left wing, because now he is representing all of the people of the united states.

That would be perfect, no party affiliations while in office.  But it has been done since America started a government and it is being done now.

Edited by Project Irene
Hades View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by KillerCanuk KillerCanuk wrote:

I just thought I'd share with you some thoughts I had on your thoughts:

Since your Canadian and have no influence on who will be the next president why do you care? Dont you have your own politics to worry about?

You are either a libral or a conservative. You vote for the political Left, or the politcal Right.

Not true. I vote both ways depending on the issue.

So why not get rid of the two party system. We dont have one up here in Canada, and it seems to be working pretty well.

We have more than two parties, talk to Jesse Ventura. They arent as popular but they still exist.

FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:31pm
this is why i dont like politics
<1 meg sig = bad>
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:35pm
God, not another useless political thread. Seriously, do you people start these threads for fun to get people to flame and argue over useless garbage? Seriously, I feel like killing myself due to the large amount of stupidity present in these political and religion threads.

I have no faith in mankind because of threads like this.
Lilp622 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilp622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:49pm
Hey 
KillerCanuk
Never speak again unless you have something even remotley intelligent to say         &nb sp;         &nb sp;    But that was just a thought from me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic