Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Doom 3 Review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Doom 3 Review
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:57pm

Before I go on I want to list my PC specs

AMD Athlon 3000+ Barton Core

1 GB DDR 400 ram

Radeon 9800 Pro - which is really what counts in Doom

Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer

I run the game at 1024x724-32 Bit-High Setting- AA/AF Off

And I get 60 FPS while roaming down to 20 FPS minimum in battles

The game start with a pretty intro explaining the UAC's purpose of creation and what their are doing on Mars. You land as a recruit on base and are assigned to a certain task.

I ran around the base talking to people and looking at the pretty graphics. The bathrooms look cool, dirty and all. The mirror effects are suberb. I get a kick out of punching things, especially Coke cans that bend after punches. My favorite Mini-Game is an arcade game where you punch a turkey in the style of Doom, you punch it and it looks funny and dies then another one drops, and you rack up the points, I have a feeling that you get a suprise after certain points.

Without any spoilers you continue and literaly Hell breaks loose. The darkness really pisses me off cause I hate when those zombie leap out at you, which happens a plenty.

Do you know that moment in every horror movie when the suspence is high and something happens like a book falls or a guy jumps out, thats Doom at every corner, exept it's in your head with exellent sounds which create a erie back ground noise, with moans, creeks and plain satanic sounds.

My first experience was in Multi Player, once you find a Non-Lag server the experience is unsurpessed. Althoug it's 4 player max, the levels are geniusly build so it feels like your playing atleast 10 people. The gameplay is fun, but the map choice is limited, we can trust the comminity will provide us with enough maps to satisfy anyone.

Anyone else have this game?

PM for some multiplayer.

Edited by MSG.Mobius

Coming in May 2005!
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:00pm

My computer sucks...I only have xbox and will have to wait for that to come out...did tool do the doom 3 theme song??

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:01pm
60 fps with a 9800 pro not bad that was what is suppose to be with the 6800. Ill probably get like 30-50 fps.

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:04pm
It's 89.6% "acquired" on this computer. I have a 3000+ with 9700 pro, so it should run pretty good. I'll hit you up for some multiplayer later maybe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

My computer sucks...I only have xbox and will have to wait for that to come out...did tool do the doom 3 theme song??

Trent Raznor did, it's sweet.

The Xbox version is awsome too, a little lighter.

Screenshots don't do this game justice, too much going on, on the screen. So much corners for possible ambushes, so much traps and drak corners.

I usually scan the room with a flashlight, don't want a bugger leaping at you and me having to beat him to death with a flashlight.

You can't belive how much "I'll bet you there someone there,(take out flashlight) Yep" moments 

Coming in May 2005!
Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Doesn’t Want Sex With The Drunk Chick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:05pm
No midnight release here...

Have to go get it tomorrow morning.
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

Trent Raznor did, it's sweet.

That's what I thought but then it was said trent was pulled off the project and tool was to do the theme song...so i didn't know what to expect

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:07pm

Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

It's 89.6% "acquired" on this computer. I have a 3000+ with 9700 pro, so it should run pretty good. I'll hit you up for some multiplayer later maybe.

I thought you had a 64 bit hmmm. Well let us know how it runs an an xp.

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:07pm

Originally posted by Dark98 Dark98 wrote:

No midnight release here...

Have to go get it tomorrow morning.

Don't belive a word, I was baffeled with 3 different release dates so I said screw it, and went down to the mall, and there it was, a stack of Doom's right behind the guy, $60 dollars later I was too scared to launch.

To get over the fear I just run out guns a blazin at every shiny, moving thing. Ammo waster but atleast my underpants are clean.

Coming in May 2005!
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:09pm
As soon as i get my new computer, im definetly going to get my hands on this and of course half life 2 (when it comes out). I cant wait..muuuaaahhaaa
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:08am
going to best buy later today

Edited by youm0nt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:28am

Originally posted by youm0nt youm0nt wrote:

downloading my 3 missing filles . r21

Are you downloading Doom 3 pirate version.

Coming in May 2005!
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:32am

duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:42am

duhhhhhhhhhhhhh

How about you don't crap out and buy retail, if you play the game, support the creators.

Coming in May 2005!
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:18am
You're just mad because you didn't think of it earlier :)
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:28am
I have doom 1 and 2.  Didn't care for it much.

I'll probably play it at a friends before I go buy this one.

How much is it?

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:31am
Im going to go get h4x and make you leave.
Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:37am
Is it that hard to come up with the money for a game? Come on. It's Doom. Support id.
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:42am
Dark98 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic