FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what did Smart Parts do to u ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
PaintballWizard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Flatstang is my HERO!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:19pm
Oh No not another GO AWAY!

Paintball Videos.
www.smacktalkpaintball.com
webdogradio.us
www.forceofnature.com
and www.google.com
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:20pm
Exactly i for one love smart parts i dont care what they do their products are among the best they have as far as im concerned the BEST barrels from low priced for those on a buget to top dollar and their guns are magnificent so they sued some companies big deal their products is what counts thats all when it comes to woodsball guns tippmann has everyone beat but when it comes to speedball guns and barrels you CANT beat smartparts

NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:23pm
It isnt the fact that they are sueing people, it is the fact that they are modifying patents to be able to win lawsuits. Plus with their dad being a lawyer and one of the Gardner brothers also being a lawyer, they pretty much have all the free legal advice they need.

SP is smart, except what some people (the guy above me) dont realize is that they are severely limiting the players choices of markers. I just hope WDP's parent company can get the lawsuit they want about the way a gun is controlled by a board. If WDP can get that patent and the lawsuit, they will probably be able to put SP out of business.

God i love WDP.

Edited by NiQ-Toto
///AMG What?
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by VisionIMP VisionIMP wrote:

Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

That's just smart business...if you came up with a design would you want other companies to make money off of it?

took the words right out of my mouth.

Smart business would also be moving factories to third world countries so you can make shirts for 35 cents apiece with twelve-year-old kids laboring for 14 hours/day, while still selling them for their normal price in the United States.

Edited by Ejp414

tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

i don't really like them. They are putting lots of smaler businiess out of businiess.
boohoo let me guess now you'e gonna go cry to tom kaye about how it isn't fair get over it and forthose of u who have had bad experiences with them my friends impy blew an oring o he sent it in on saturday and it came back today fixed and pefect
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by tyranny tyranny wrote:

Originally posted by boomstick boomstick wrote:

i don't really like them. They are putting lots of smaler businiess out of businiess.
boohoo let me guess now you'e gonna go cry to tom kaye about how it isn't fair get over it and forthose of u who have had bad experiences with them my friends impy blew an oring o he sent it in on saturday and it came back today fixed and pefect
Actually SP products are nice, but the owners and their business practices suck. Maybe if people werent so dumb they would see all SP is doing is hurting other companies, which in turn hurts us, the PLAYERS.
///AMG What?
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:29pm

That's just smart business...if you came up with a design would you want other companies to make money off of it?

You realize that they were issued a new patent in June with 4 claims that basically patents every single electropneumatic gun in existance right?

Thats not smart business, thats exploiting the patent system. They flat out know that small businesses dont have the money to fight off a lawsuit by nazi parts no matter how in the right they are.
paintballu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Stars dont matter to me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:43pm
They gave my father cancer and then spit i his face.

my xchat died...... no more irc :(
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:46pm

^ umm.. k...

Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:22am
They're ruining the sport for one.

And pretty much forced the discontinuation of two of my favorite markers which are superior to every SP product.
.Ryan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Neither cool nor annoying

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .Ryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:31am
Originally posted by Creep Mode Creep Mode wrote:

They sued aka.

exactly....they should be slapped hard for that....I want a viking...

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:32am
^ The Viking didn't become so popular till SP Pimp slaped them with the lawsuite.
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

^ The Viking didn't become so popular till SP Pimp slaped them with the lawsuite.

Go away, that is the most retarded statement I have read on the forum in quite some time.
Woodzball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodzball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:05am

yeah.....who really cares if they patent everything.  The product is still there isn't it?  It just says smart parts on it.  And by the way, i really like my sp barrels, so I dont know why everyone is complaining.

If you really suck, dont even try
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:08am

they got a patent for something they didnt invent and over the years made it so broad that they can sue any other electros (at first they tried to get the parent as broad as it is now, but the court threw it out so they patented just the shocker and modified it over the years), their is a rumor going around they are going for another suit very soon. I beleive that is monopoly but im not sure.

I dont like them becuase.

#1 They are known for just blowing off customers.
#2 I dont like their products, and if they get it their way I wont have a choice but to buy them.
#3 Because of them I cant get the viking or xmag I always wanted, I can see people looking back at this time saying "remember when their used to be a bunch of choices for electros other than impulses and shockers?"

Edited by Large Unit
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:39am
Killed my mother and raped my father.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:54am
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Killed my mother and raped my father.

KAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNN
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:12am
newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

You realize that they were issued a new patent in June with 4 claims that basically patents every single electropneumatic gun in existance right?

Thats not smart business, thats exploiting the patent system. They flat out know that small businesses dont have the money to fight off a lawsuit by nazi parts no matter how in the right they are.

Actually I didn't know that. QED on behalf on Enos. GG.

garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:39am
guns would be alot cheaper.smartparts make the other companys pay a 100$ fee for every elctrophooenatic gun they sell
http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic