Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what did Smart Parts do to u ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what did Smart Parts do to u ?
    Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

2 piece barrels with different bore sizes are better then inserts. They look better in my opinion and are more durable.

I agree on the durability but they don't look any different, a 2 piece looks like a 2 piece.

If you change guns a lot inserts are the way to go though.
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:16pm
Scepter > Freak.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:12pm
2 piece barrels with different bore sizes are better then inserts. They look better in my opinion and are more durable.
///AMG What?
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by [FI [FI wrote:

]

Edit- Their barrels are...okay. Nothing special, Custom Products, DYE, and J&J all make excellet two-piece barrels that run as good as or better than the All American.

Yea, just spend the extra $30 or more for the Boomstick!

And I like the freak... I bought just the barrel at first, and I buy inserts as I need them. Seems like a good idea to me.

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Radix Radix wrote:

but what did the ever do to u ?

nothing
bigmike102 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:42pm

The should be called  "Dumb Parts"

... I just dont like them.

Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:16am
Originally posted by garrett5 garrett5 wrote:

guns would be alot cheaper.smartparts make the other companys pay a 100$ fee for every elctrophooenatic gun they sell

Are you kidding, if Smart Parts eliminated all other business... they could freely jack up the prices. It would be the only choice out there.
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:07am
I have come to the conclusion that apart from a select few individuals, this forum is full of ignorant 12 year olds who have no idea what the hell they are talking about. In the words of Enos, from chat:

<Enos_Shenk>     nick: in a way it IS good business sense
<Enos_Shenk>     they know theyre target market is dumb 12 year olds
<Enos_Shenk>     they can get away with murder because the customer base is too stupid to notice

IMO, looks like this point was proved...
///AMG What?
tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:57am
ok im tired of arguing something so futile but the gardeners may be greedy bastards but they're making a crap load of money doing it and u can't deny that one and honestly i rrather be the greedy bastard making money than say tom kaye or someone
[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:20am

Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Well Smart Parts Was smart enough to Paten stuff... not there fault they have and Idea the works perfect

Somebody needs to go back and learn the history of Smart Parts.

Shocker- PVI

Shocker- Initially everyone yelled AKA, but it's more Matrix

Impulse- Bushmaster

Freak- Lapco

All American- DYE

Sticky Grips- DYE

They have not invented anything, thye just rip it off.

Edit- Their barrels are...okay. Nothing special, Custom Products, DYE, and J&J all make excellet two-piece barrels that run as good as or better than the All American. The Freak is torn up by the Scepter, Pipe, Kaner, and even the ACI Kit. Low end barrels...DYE, Custom Products, Lapco, J&J. So really SP barrels don't have a definitive advantage over any other.

Edited by [FI]
Don't believe everything you think

I can resist anything but temptation
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 8:56am
This thread is full of retarded statements.

For those of you who think SP is a great company and just wants to defend their "patents", look at this:

THEY SHUT DOWN THREE VERY VERY GOOD ELECTRO GUNS. THAT IS NOT SMART BUSINESS. THAT IS AN ATTEMPT AT MONOPOLY. THIS BEHAVIOR CAN AND WILL RUIN THE SPORT IF ALLOWED TO CONTINUE.

Personally, as someone else said, I don't want to someday be in the market for an electro and all there is is a shocker or impulse. I don't like either, and after this lawsuit stuff I decided that I would never buy a Smart Parts product. They are trying to become the Wal-Mart of paintball. This can't be allowed to happen.

Or read Enos's posts. That works too.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 8:35am
Smartparts stole my babies and ate their souls!
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:13am
They make good barrels!

The horror!

Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 6:58am
They're products are good but they made it impossible for some better guns to come out. I'm sure AGD but lots of resesarch and money into making the X-Mag and now that money is wasted because of some greedy bastard.

I'm glad I'm sticking to mech guns.
garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:39am
guns would be alot cheaper.smartparts make the other companys pay a 100$ fee for every elctrophooenatic gun they sell
http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

newport View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested. inapproproate links take 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:20am
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by newport newport wrote:

That's just smart business...if you came up with a design would you want other companies to make money off of it?

You realize that they were issued a new patent in June with 4 claims that basically patents every single electropneumatic gun in existance right?

Thats not smart business, thats exploiting the patent system. They flat out know that small businesses dont have the money to fight off a lawsuit by nazi parts no matter how in the right they are.

Actually I didn't know that. QED on behalf on Enos. GG.

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:12am
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:54am
Originally posted by NotDaveEllis NotDaveEllis wrote:

Killed my mother and raped my father.

KAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNN
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:39am
Killed my mother and raped my father.
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:08am

they got a patent for something they didnt invent and over the years made it so broad that they can sue any other electros (at first they tried to get the parent as broad as it is now, but the court threw it out so they patented just the shocker and modified it over the years), their is a rumor going around they are going for another suit very soon. I beleive that is monopoly but im not sure.

I dont like them becuase.

#1 They are known for just blowing off customers.
#2 I dont like their products, and if they get it their way I wont have a choice but to buy them.
#3 Because of them I cant get the viking or xmag I always wanted, I can see people looking back at this time saying "remember when their used to be a bunch of choices for electros other than impulses and shockers?"

Edited by Large Unit
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic