Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

motorcycle wrecks suck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WANNA BE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WANNA BE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: motorcycle wrecks suck
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:21pm

it was yesterday around 3 o'clock my cousin was on his CBR600RR brand spankin new, only about 3 days old. i was on my the back of my friends bike ( XR650L ) when we started to go around a fairly sharp turn, well cousin was going pretty fast and the road was a little wet, so when he hit some gravel on the side of the road he lost control and layed the bike down. his foot got caught under the bike and he would have broke his hip when he hit the ground but some how his cell phone cliped to his belt broke his fall (dont ask me how?). well my friend and i were behinde him as he fell, we just barely swerved in time to miss to him, we almost fell ourselves. well the bike continued to slide until it finally landed in a ditch on the side of the road. as for my cousin he his left foot was smashed and his hip was a little scraped up along with his left arm. since his cell phone was smashed we couldnt call 911 so we had to wait a few minutes for a car to come by, finally one came and we called an ambulance to come pick him up, and my dad to come pick up his bike. well my cousin is fine he just needs his foot operated on, unfortunatly the bike wasnt so fortunate, the entire left side is torn apart. (i really liked that bike to)

from this i learned even though motorcycles are fun and all, they are also dangerous and you should ALWAYS wear a helmet while riding

HondaXR View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Makes Foxworthy Look Like a Yankee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HondaXR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:25pm
Thats why I ride on the dirt.....
SL68II
Pro/Am
68 Carbine
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:25pm

dang thats poopy

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:26pm
that sucks I hope he gets better.
Sumo_Monkey22 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’m too sexy for my teeth ...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sumo_Monkey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:26pm
Sorry to hear that, Atleast hes ok.
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:36pm
Thats why you have a fast car instead.
paroxysm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paroxysm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:39pm
Yeah, no you should wear a helmet. I'm glad we have helmet laws here in Cali. I don't think I would ever ride without one. Maybe if I were on a cruise in a crowded area like I see on TV during bike week or something - but never when I would be going more than 10 mph. He lucked out that he didn't get hurt much worse than he did. Bikes are dangerous, but thats part of the fun. If you don't respect the bike and its power, you will go down. If you don't understand the dangers of riding, you shouldn't be on the bike.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:42pm
hmm...i rememeber a post I made a bout a wreck I got in with a friend and everyone turned it into a flame fest about how we were stupid and werent driving safely....
everyones all sympathetic here though.

Anyways....glad hes okay. Helmets should always be worn on motorcycles.
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:12pm

You know what I think of when I see a biker, "There go my organs"

All kididng aside, it is very dangerous, hope your freind is alright and is more careful next time.

Coming in May 2005!
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by matt06 matt06 wrote:

hmm...i rememeber a post I made a bout a wreck I got in with a friend and everyone turned it into a flame fest about how we were stupid and werent driving safely....

I believe I remember that, and you were in fact correct about the color of the road sign and it not being visible. I remember it because two weeks later I hit a curve in almost the exact same situation, 'cept I didn't wreck.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:49am

Working in South Florida, I clean up at least two motorcycle wrecks each week, and so far this year we are averaging more than one fatality per month for motorcycle riders.

You can't be too careful, I've been riding for several years and have had countless close calls, but have been lucky enough not have been in a wreck.

Alot of the bike accident we are getting are single vehicle accidents, the results of stunts (wheelies and stoppies) that weren't landed well, three of which this year have resulted in fatalities.

Once again, if you are going to ride, BE CAREFUL!!!

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 12:55am
Originally posted by matt06 matt06 wrote:

Im not sympathetic about wrecks unless its truly an accident, 90% someone is using poor judgement or just being a complete tardsmack, such is the case here and yours.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Posting While Intoxicated

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:13am
ouch. 2 weeks ago a lady was doing 40 kph around a corner and went lost it and went into a nother lane and there was a F350 van waiting for her. front wheel? nope batttary? nope tank? nope. when she hit her helmet split just like her head did. and on the bike behind her was her boyfriend and her 15 year old son.

the van. no more radiator.

ive had some close ones even on dirt. drive into a ditch to get out of the way of loging truck when i go around corners.

next in the news. grilled 636andy636
nouseforaname wrote:
oh good, a mech gun with eye covers and a rippoff Jackel frame ... ANS - "Stealing ideas since teh begining"

garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 5:46am
the people who race them are crazy i went to a motercycle race  and this guy crashed really hard without his protection he would have a broken neck but he got up and threw his helmet in the air
http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 8:58am
Sorry to hear about the bike! Did your cousin ever take motorcycle safety training? Thankfully its mandatory in RI! I took the advanced course when I got my license, but I got my first dirt bike when I was about 8. Some of the guys who considered themselves advanced and had their licenses in other states, really scared me! Hope he gets better and back on his bike. Remember all your gear all the time! I always wear my helmet and gloves. On my commute I always wear my leather jacket.
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:03pm
Bikes are NUTS.  I have watched my mother put her bike down (rider error) AS most "Accidents are".  It is all too simple to make a slight mis judgement on a bike especially in bad weather.  My mother was luck as she did no damage to herself (torn leathers) and her bike only suffered a broken windsheild and a bent peg (Bikes a Cruiser no fairings).  But her mistake was a simple misjudge ment of the road conditions and she slowly droped the pick as the rear end got loose.  I WILL not ride as  they scar the poopy out of me tryed a few times and wont ever again.  Ill stick to my cars/trucks.  
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:06pm

Originally posted by Solipsism Solipsism wrote:

Thats why you have a fast car instead.

Of course everyone knows that...well almost everyone.

(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:32pm
wow that sucks, there are 2 kinds of motorcycle riders, ones that have wrecked and ones that will wreck. i heard someone say that once.  but thats why i prefer 4 wheels to 2.

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

Working in South Florida, I clean up at least two motorcycle wrecks each week, and so far this year we are averaging more than one fatality per month for motorcycle riders.

You can't be too careful, I've been riding for several years and have had countless close calls, but have been lucky enough not have been in a wreck.

Alot of the bike accident we are getting are single vehicle accidents, the results of stunts (wheelies and stoppies) that weren't landed well, three of which this year have resulted in fatalities.

Once again, if you are going to ride, BE CAREFUL!!!

cleaning up a motorcycle wreck?? eh..sounds sorta messy..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic