Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Linkin Park Fans Whats Your Fav Song?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Joined: 07 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3588
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:11pm

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Linkin Park makes music?

Not technically...

Just noise.



Back to Top
Joshy View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 278
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:16pm
Well, I don't listen to them anymore....but it used to be In The End. Then I got into other music like Nirvana and Metallica. Haven't looked back since :)
I'm not flaming or anything, people can listen to whetever they want.
I guarantee that I am better than you at Halo 2.
Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Linkin Park makes music?

Not technically...

Just noise.



No, excellent bands like Sonic Youth make noise, Linkin Park makes something bordering between a sad excuse for math rock and absolute crap.
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Soup Can Guy

Joined: 18 March 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 6664
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Linkin Park makes music?

Not technically...

Just noise.



Its funny how just because Enos and Koolit said it, its suddenly now cool to hate Linkin Park.

Breaking the Habit- loved it since I got the CD.
Back to Top
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2379
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:39pm
yeah..... lets all be like enos!!!
Back to Top
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Joined: 14 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5865
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Linkin Park makes music?

Not technically...

Just noise.



Its funny how just because Enos and Koolit said it, its suddenly now cool to hate Linkin Park.

Breaking the Habit- loved it since I got the CD.


Koolit is the last person on earth, aside from enos, who I would follow blindly. they are mildly psychotic. I don't like LP though. i didn't like lp before i saw enos and koolit post, so whatever.
Back to Top
¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 June 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by ¤ RaVeN ¤ ¤ RaVeN ¤ wrote:

and to me enos is nothing but an opinionated punk on a power trip that thinks he can do what ever he wants and say what ever he wants to who ever he wants because he is a mod on a forum, personily i really dont care if enos is a mod, to me is just another person, and i hope you are reading this enos, also, i owned you last night enos, and you know it, you had nothing to say but the same opinionated stuff over and over again, not only that but your coments were very sterotypical of the people who listen to a type of music, i respect your opinions.


Holy god can we have the longest sentance ever award?

Please explain to me how my stating MY opinion about a sucky band in any way makes me having a "powertrip"? If i was having a "powertrip" i would have told you "linkin park sucks shut up" and guested you. But i didnt. So stop reaching.

Dare i even question how what i said is classified as "opinionated crap" when your response was "linkin park has great lyrix"? Do we need to have a discussion about what an "opinion" is? Because it seems to me all that was argued was simply opinions.

Originally posted by lamer lamer wrote:

but i do not respect the fact that you were making coments about people like me who listen to bands such as Linkin Park such as "I could ask whether youve started scratching your wrists for attention and writing about it in your livejournal yet"-Enos Shenk Posted: 01 August 2004 at 5:21pm.


Which of course you left off the end where i said "but that would be mean" gg, you should run for congress.

Originally posted by more lame crap more lame crap wrote:

where you were just saying your oponions i was stating the facts, therefor my argument was more valid and solid then yours, i think you know this, and you use your position as a mod to pressure people into taking your side, much like a dictator or a tyrant.


Wait a second, what "facts" are we talking about? The "fact" that you think linkin park is good? The "fact" that they have "great lyrix"? In what way does your opinions make a more convincing argument then my opinions? Ohhhh thats right...You only used "facts".

Originally posted by more crap that makes no sense more crap that makes no sense wrote:

but what most of these people on here dont realize is that if you guested me or anyone else that took my side in the argument then it would be very unjustified because i was not and are not flaming, spaming, or cussing in any way.


Wait a second. Are you saying that nobody would think it was wrong if a moderator just up and guested someone because of a disagreement over a band? Uhmmm

Earth to raven, please return to reality.

Originally posted by please stop now please stop now wrote:

since you are a mod you should set an example for other people in these forums as someone who respects other oponions and does not use sterotypes and other common thoughts to try and back up your coments,


Im not going to ask you to define "common thoughts" as much as i would like. You think that because im a mod, i cant express my opinions on how much i think a band sucks? Please, remove your head from the sand.

Originally posted by i dont understand it either i dont understand it either wrote:

you should use facts and other proven and correct coments to back them up. also i dont not belive that you have ever been the leader of anything, it shows from the way you argued with me, i have been the leader of many groups, and i have lead my groups very far until handing them off to somone to take over.


What "facts"???? Are these the same "facts" that "linkin park has great lyrix" or the "fact" that you say linkin park is a good band? I still think any person with 2 ounces of gray matter will term that an OPINION.

What in christs name does this mean? You have "lead many groups very far"? What exactly does this have to do with linkin park?????

Originally posted by more illogical crap from raven more illogical crap from raven wrote:

koolit32 and pimptastic, there was no reason for you to posts those coments, the title of this topic is "Linkin Park Fans Whats Your Fav Song?" it is a very simple and clear title, it does not ask for people who do not like the band to come in and make coments and use quotes as you did

The very concept of a discussion forum is that anything you post can and will be debated or argued. If you want some "come talk about how much linkin park rulzz" thread, why dont you go post on some linkin park fanboy board?

Originally posted by this longwinded crap is finally over this longwinded crap is finally over wrote:

you came into a fan area and insulted the fans and the band that they are fans of, this makes you hypocrites.

Perhaps we need a definition of HYPOCRITE as well as a definition for OPINION. Because frankly, i do not see how expressing an opinion about how much linkin park sucks makes someone a hypocrite.


hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney, pretender]


o·pin·ion   Audio pronunciation of "opinion" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (-pnyn)
n.

  1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
  2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
  3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
  4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
  5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.




Now who got owned..


 

 


ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
Back to Top
RfUiLreZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
10100111001

Joined: 05 July 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2778
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RfUiLreZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:03pm
Yup. I've hated Linkin Park since before I knew Enos. Before I knew Koolit. Before I knew about paintball.

I think it's safe to say I hated Linkin Park since "One Step Closer" was their big hit.

They just...suck.
Back to Top
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 08 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3147
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:09pm
Raven, Why did you make a thread like this knowing that people are going to bash your favorite band. I think you just want the attention.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Back to Top
Bunkered View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
What AM I smoking?

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5692
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunkered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:23pm
I think that Linkin Park is OK (notice OK, not good) if you only listen to one or two of their songs. If they threw in some music that WASN'T whining about stuff along with the rest of their crap, they'd be tolerable.
The simple fact that I have never heard one of their songs that wasn't complaining is enough to show that they have no variety. That means that their first song was creative; after that they were just copying themselves - no creativity.

Now you want some good music? Take a look at Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc. There are FACTS to back the quality of those bands up.
Such as the FACT that it's been 21 years since the release of "Kill 'Em All" (Metallica's first CD), and they are still making music that has variety and different themes.
Or the FACT that those bands came before major use of computers to "enhance" music.

When Linkin Park makes a CD with some diversity instead of constant complaining, I'll listen to it and my opinion MIGHT change a bit.
Back to Top
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Walking Dead

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Russian Federation
Status: Offline
Points: 4345
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Bunkered Bunkered wrote:

I think that Linkin Park is OK (notice OK, not good) if you only listen to one or two of their songs. If they threw in some music that WASN'T whining about stuff along with the rest of their crap, they'd be tolerable.
The simple fact that I have never heard one of their songs that wasn't complaining is enough to show that they have no variety. That means that their first song was creative; after that they were just copying themselves - no creativity.

Now you want some good music? Take a look at Metallica, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc. There are FACTS to back the quality of those bands up.
Such as the FACT that it's been 21 years since the release of "Kill 'Em All" (Metallica's first CD), and they are still making music that has variety and different themes.
Or the FACT that those bands came before major use of computers to "enhance" music.

When Linkin Park makes a CD with some diversity instead of constant complaining, I'll listen to it and my opinion MIGHT change a bit.


honestly, those aren't facts. you're using the same argument he is about linkin park. music is all about personal preference. some people just like the crappy stuff : )

Back to Top
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 March 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1319
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by Koolit32 Koolit32 wrote:

Shatter (The sound of the CD hitting the cement and breaking) - Linkin Park

amen

Back to Top
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Complete idiocy

Joined: 05 May 2004
Location: Uruguay
Status: Offline
Points: 4046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

I know of only a few people that can use computers to make great music...*Notice how I said music* and one of the people would happen to be Trent Reznor...Linkin Park is a joke...

He was gonna make a Doom 3 Sound Track, but it was canceled, I geuss if he is well known it might have been good.

Time and money were an issue and he was unable to finish it...He did alot of werk on the audio in the game though...and I still can't figure this one out...trent was going to create the theme song for doom 3....but some how tool is making it...never thought i'd see the day...must be a good one


Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Linkin Park makes music?

Not technically...

Just noise.



Its funny how just because Enos and Koolit said it, its suddenly now cool to hate Linkin Park.

Breaking the Habit- loved it since I got the CD.


Oh, you're absolutely right, I'm sure most of the people on this forum don't actually have opinions, they just rally behind Enos and Koolit.

If you have a crappy taste in music, that's completely okay, but please don't accuse others of being sheep, when you're the one who is listening to whatever MTV spits down at you.
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Joined: 23 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3639
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:


Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Linkin Park makes music?


Not technically...


Just noise.



Its funny how just because Enos and Koolit said it, its suddenly now cool to hate Linkin Park.

Breaking the Habit- loved it since I got the CD.


I didn't even read any replies to this thread, but now I might have to look for the ones made by Enos.

I hate a lot of corporate stuff these days. I like the music that actually expresses talent and emotion. Some of my favorite bands and artists are Rush, Dream Theater, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queensryche, Avenged Sevenfold, Lag Wagon, Symphony X,   and many others.

Talent, finesse, dexterity, emotion, etc... are all key factors for good music.   Many corporate "artists" lack a lot of those qualities.

I still get frustrated when I see people like Ashlee Simpson with record deals before they've even written a song. There are plenty of good bands out there who just need that one big break to make their CD available to the masses.
   
Back to Top
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 902
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:30pm
Since this has become a debate about how badly Linkin Park sucks/blows (which they do), I must throw my 2 cents in...

Since most of the fans don't understand logic, I have to get a little mean... Linkin Park is a poor excuse for a band... Their lyrics are utter crap... They have no emotional insight... Everything is taken at face value... Some idiot singing/yelling/screaming explicitly for 45 min on a cd about how badly his life is, isn't that great... The greats of the past didn't feel the need to tell the world about those topics like that... Of course they were saying a lot of the same stuff, but in a much more tasteful and classier way where you actually had to read into the lyrics... All Linkin Parks mindless fans have to do is sing along...

Besides their horrible lyrics... They have even worse music behind them... Nothing playing in the background is hard to make if you have an Apple as well...

Once again, I commend them for making their millions... And I can even accept them being people's favorite band... But don't you dare say they have accomplished anything or are talented...

Edit: Oh... and Matt06... Go ahead and "rip my bands apart" besides just saying you don't like them... I'll give you a few: Pearl Jam, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and The Rolling Stones...

All of them have accomplished something... You might say that you do not enjoy their music, but dont even attempt to say they weren't great... And they all influenced Linkin Park in some way... ACCEPT IT...

Edited by Baller888
Shaft!
Back to Top
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Joined: 23 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3639
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:45pm
Hats off to Enos and anybody else with a logical post...

Linkin Park is a corporate band, sponsored for the purpose of making millions of dollars by catering to the narrow-minded masses of the non-musically inclined.





Did that turn out as well as I meant it to?
   
Back to Top
Baller888 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 902
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baller888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:48pm
SeaWolf, that pretty much summed it up in a nice little sentence...

Good for you!
Shaft!
Back to Top
Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 25 November 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1795
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:55pm
listen to what you want to. I dont dislike them. I'd just rather listen to other stuff. they really arent bad just not my style

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
Back to Top
Koolit32 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
1 strike, language in link 4/10/10

Joined: 23 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 5242
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koolit32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:55pm
Hmm... I have a "rally" behind me eh?

KILL ENOS!

Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

Koolit is the last person on earth, aside from enos, who I would follow blindly. they are mildly psychotic.


i hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.219 seconds.