Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Linkin Park Fans Whats Your Fav Song?

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Complete idiocy

Joined: 05 May 2004
Location: Uruguay
Status: Offline
Points: 4046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Whine Screaming + Cheesy lyrics + Organ music (for some reason is in every song of theirs I have heard) + Sickeningly digitally mastered studio rock

=

Linkin Park, the pop-rock that drives the teeny-boppers wild. 

Originally posted by tyranny tyranny wrote:

i don't care who makes it neither should u i just like how it sounds and my favoirte song is papercutand after that i oculdn't decide i like them all

Oh come on? If it "sounds" good to people such as him then it's real "music"


Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Back to Top
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ¤ RaVeN ¤ ¤ RaVeN ¤ wrote:

and to me enos is nothing but an opinionated punk on a power trip that thinks he can do what ever he wants and say what ever he wants to who ever he wants because he is a mod on a forum, personily i really dont care if enos is a mod, to me is just another person, and i hope you are reading this enos, also, i owned you last night enos, and you know it, you had nothing to say but the same opinionated stuff over and over again, not only that but your coments were very sterotypical of the people who listen to a type of music, i respect your opinions.


Holy god can we have the longest sentance ever award?

Please explain to me how my stating MY opinion about a sucky band in any way makes me having a "powertrip"? If i was having a "powertrip" i would have told you "linkin park sucks shut up" and guested you. But i didnt. So stop reaching.

Dare i even question how what i said is classified as "opinionated crap" when your response was "linkin park has great lyrix"? Do we need to have a discussion about what an "opinion" is? Because it seems to me all that was argued was simply opinions.

Originally posted by lamer lamer wrote:

but i do not respect the fact that you were making coments about people like me who listen to bands such as Linkin Park such as "I could ask whether youve started scratching your wrists for attention and writing about it in your livejournal yet"-Enos Shenk Posted: 01 August 2004 at 5:21pm.


Which of course you left off the end where i said "but that would be mean" gg, you should run for congress.

Originally posted by more lame crap more lame crap wrote:

where you were just saying your oponions i was stating the facts, therefor my argument was more valid and solid then yours, i think you know this, and you use your position as a mod to pressure people into taking your side, much like a dictator or a tyrant.


Wait a second, what "facts" are we talking about? The "fact" that you think linkin park is good? The "fact" that they have "great lyrix"? In what way does your opinions make a more convincing argument then my opinions? Ohhhh thats right...You only used "facts".

Originally posted by more crap that makes no sense more crap that makes no sense wrote:

but what most of these people on here dont realize is that if you guested me or anyone else that took my side in the argument then it would be very unjustified because i was not and are not flaming, spaming, or cussing in any way.


Wait a second. Are you saying that nobody would think it was wrong if a moderator just up and guested someone because of a disagreement over a band? Uhmmm

Earth to raven, please return to reality.

Originally posted by please stop now please stop now wrote:

since you are a mod you should set an example for other people in these forums as someone who respects other oponions and does not use sterotypes and other common thoughts to try and back up your coments,


Im not going to ask you to define "common thoughts" as much as i would like. You think that because im a mod, i cant express my opinions on how much i think a band sucks? Please, remove your head from the sand.

Originally posted by i dont understand it either i dont understand it either wrote:

you should use facts and other proven and correct coments to back them up. also i dont not belive that you have ever been the leader of anything, it shows from the way you argued with me, i have been the leader of many groups, and i have lead my groups very far until handing them off to somone to take over.


What "facts"???? Are these the same "facts" that "linkin park has great lyrix" or the "fact" that you say linkin park is a good band? I still think any person with 2 ounces of gray matter will term that an OPINION.

What in christs name does this mean? You have "lead many groups very far"? What exactly does this have to do with linkin park?????

Originally posted by more illogical crap from raven more illogical crap from raven wrote:

koolit32 and pimptastic, there was no reason for you to posts those coments, the title of this topic is "Linkin Park Fans Whats Your Fav Song?" it is a very simple and clear title, it does not ask for people who do not like the band to come in and make coments and use quotes as you did

The very concept of a discussion forum is that anything you post can and will be debated or argued. If you want some "come talk about how much linkin park rulzz" thread, why dont you go post on some linkin park fanboy board?

Originally posted by this longwinded crap is finally over this longwinded crap is finally over wrote:

you came into a fan area and insulted the fans and the band that they are fans of, this makes you hypocrites.

Perhaps we need a definition of HYPOCRITE as well as a definition for OPINION. Because frankly, i do not see how expressing an opinion about how much linkin park sucks makes someone a hypocrite.


hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney, pretender]


o·pin·ion   Audio pronunciation of "opinion" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (-pnyn)
n.

  1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
  2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
  3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
  4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
  5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.




Now who got owned..


Back to Top
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Walking Dead

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Russian Federation
Status: Offline
Points: 4345
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:57pm

Back to Top
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3042
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:58pm
okay..truth is...Linkin park may have whiny lyrics, they may get repetitive...but...a ton of rock bands do the same thing. its not like linkin park is the only band that doesnt sing about happy things.

      You guys come in here bashing linkin park? thats great, you have an opinion...no problem. But I guaruntee that the music you listen to could be torn apart in the same ways that you are attempting to rip apart linkin parks music.
      If you think linkin poark has no talent, Id like to see any one of you pick up a guitar, or a mic, or even the dudes keyboard, and reproduce every bit of it and make it sound just as good live as they do. By putting on a great live show, it proves that they care about the fans more than just for buying their cds. It shows they appreciate the support and respond to it by not half assing it up on stage.

I would like to know why the music that you like is so much superior to LP. It takes guts to go out and make music that doesnt just find a niche among other bands and steal their sound. Linkin parks style is, whether you admit it or not. unique.

Listen to 'Nobodys Listening' off of meteora.

Then tell me the last time you heard a band use that same sound. That, shows that they have a creative edge. And as advanced as computers are, they cant read the band memebers minds on what they want the song to sound like. And they still do have to take that from the computer or whatever and play it themselves.

Back to Top
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
~-o@

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: A comfy chair
Status: Offline
Points: 14109
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:01pm
No, you know what? Im not done yet. Because im damn angry at your retarded arrogant attitude.

The fact that i debated linkin park with you yesterday in a fairly cival manner, and the fact that YOU acted in a fairly cival manner makes your posting that big long winded attack all the more ridiculous. Here look at this:

If your going to sit there and call me going off on a powertrip or abusing my mod powers im going to barbecue you like i havent done for a long time.

http://www.tippmann.com/players/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp ?TID=108970

LOOK AT THAT. Its your bleeding thread. With the argument. Now do you see "edited by enos shenk" on any of your posts to remove your opinion? NO YOU DO NOT. Is the thread locked or deleted? NO IT ISNT. Did i guest you for stating your opinion? NO I BLOODY WELL DIDNT!!!!

Now lets take a look at how you werent nasty at all yesterday shall we?

Originally posted by ravens dumb other name ravens dumb other name wrote:

enos you make me laph, you really do, and it is quite fun to debate this with you, it passes the time wonderfuly,


Wow, doesnt look like you had any of those numerous problems yesterday.

Then look at this, when vision imp started saying that you acted like a moron, i even wasted my time DEFENDING YOU AND YOUR RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINIONS

Originally posted by me me wrote:


VisionIMP wrote:

Enos tried acting in a proper manner towards all this but you didnt.



Yes he did. Shut up.


As far as im concerned, you owe me one big apology. Your whole poorly thought out attack on me was unprovoked, and i for one dont appreciate it.
Back to Top
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
The Walking Dead

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: Russian Federation
Status: Offline
Points: 4345
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by matt06 matt06 wrote:

okay..truth is...Linkin park may have whiny lyrics, they may get repetitive...but...a ton of rock bands do the same thing. its not like linkin park is the only band that doesnt sing about happy things.


i don't see a thread about any of them though...

Quote       You guys come in here bashing linkin park? thats great, you have an opinion...no problem. But I guaruntee that the music you listen to could be torn apart in the same ways that you are attempting to rip apart linkin parks music.
      If you think linkin poark has no talent, Id like to see any one of you pick up a guitar, or a mic, or even the dudes keyboard, and reproduce every bit of it and make it sound just as good live as they do. By putting on a great live show, it proves that they care about the fans more than just for buying their cds. It shows they appreciate the support and respond to it by not half assing it up on stage.



actually, i can play a lot of their songs. they're the same power chords over and over again, just with lots of distortion and effects.

Quote

I would like to know why the music that you like is so much superior to LP. It takes guts to go out and make music that doesnt just find a niche among other bands and steal their sound. Linkin parks style is, whether you admit it or not. unique.

Listen to 'Nobodys Listening' off of meteora.

Then tell me the last time you heard a band use that same sound. That, shows that they have a creative edge. And as advanced as computers are, they cant read the band memebers minds on what they want the song to sound like. And they still do have to take that from the computer or whatever and play it themselves.



okay, how about every single song on the cd?

Back to Top
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 May 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3042
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:08pm
im not trying to shove the band down your throats...and im not going to start other threads about bands because I know it ALWAYS leads into a big argument where one side will have a giant doofus trying to defend the band like enos proved here.

Im just saying, it still takes talent to play the songs, and LP isnt the only band to ever sing about stuff that isnt exactly uplifting.



Edited by matt06
Back to Top
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Complete idiocy

Joined: 05 May 2004
Location: Uruguay
Status: Offline
Points: 4046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:09pm

I know of only a few people that can use computers to make great music...*Notice how I said music* and one of the people would happen to be Trent Reznor...Linkin Park is a joke...


Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Back to Top
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2379
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:13pm
i think we should just stop making these threads so we can all get along everyone has thier own opinion and you cant blame them for that.
Back to Top
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Complete idiocy

Joined: 05 May 2004
Location: Uruguay
Status: Offline
Points: 4046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:18pm

Originally posted by Dan db09 Dan db09 wrote:

i think we should just stop making these threads so we can all get along everyone has thier own opinion and you cant blame them for that.

You can blame them for being ignorant <KRL>'s


Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Back to Top
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Joined: 07 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3588
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:25pm

Wait a minute, I thought you had to actually PLAY instruments in order to be classified as a band.... Maybe I was just wrong....

And to tell you the absolute truth, I bet you I could teach a 6 year old with down syndrome how to play the easy/crap riffs from all of their songs in about half an hour.

I know some LP finataics..... I know some kids that love them that have been to their concerts and said they absolutely sucked. One kid I know went to 3 of their concerts and he said they have no talent at all. All their "music" is computer editing and effects.

I just don't uderstand why people like them...... I really don't.



Back to Top
Solipsism View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
300 million WHAT?!

Joined: 11 February 2004
Location: Japan
Status: Offline
Points: 1850
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by patrick patrick wrote:

*giggle*


rofl

Linkin Park esh teh uber sux.
Back to Top
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Guested - Complete idiocy

Joined: 05 May 2004
Location: Uruguay
Status: Offline
Points: 4046
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by EYES EYES wrote:

Wait a minute, I thought you had to actually PLAY instruments in order to be classified as a band.... Maybe I was just wrong....

And to tell you the absolute truth, I bet you I could teach a 6 year old with down syndrome how to play the easy/crap riffs from all of their songs in about half an hour.

I know some LP finataics..... I know some kids that love them that have been to their concerts and said they absolutely sucked. One kid I know went to 3 of their concerts and he said they have no talent at all. All their "music" is computer editing and effects.

I just don't uderstand why people like them...... I really don't.

Well put


Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Back to Top
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Joined: 28 May 2004
Status: Offline
Points: 1472
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

I know of only a few people that can use computers to make great music...*Notice how I said music* and one of the people would happen to be Trent Reznor...Linkin Park is a joke...

He was gonna make a Doom 3 Sound Track, but it was canceled, I geuss if he is well known it might have been good.

My 2 cents: Linkin Park is a bunch of untelanted kids who want to re invent the horrible punk genre. They have no talent so they depend on computers, don't tell me crap how it's not a big part because I had a record player and heard all Led Zeppelin and AC/DC records and then the remastered version so I know where the music is pure or computer generated. And I tell you Linkin Park is the techno of rock(if you can call it that).

There are no facts that you can state that will make me think differently of LP, the music is horrible and if you say it's original, I say so what, a cat meowing for 5 minutes with a beat is original, doesn't make it good.


Coming in May 2005!
Back to Top
ultimatetrooper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Hardcore Ghetto Gangster

Joined: 10 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6207
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultimatetrooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 3:34pm

I like all the songs. I have all the cd's, and the dvd's I can find. I'm an LP fan. I have seen them live in concert 2 times. I have the shirts, and I can play some of their songs. I am a LP fan.

I listen to all types of music/rock.

Back to Top
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar

Joined: 07 July 2004
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 2379
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 3:43pm
EYES

Wait a minute, I thought you had to actually PLAY instruments in order to be classified as a band.... Maybe I was just wrong....

And to tell you the absolute truth, I bet you I could teach a 6 year old with down syndrome how to play the easy/crap riffs from all of their songs in about half an hour.

I know some LP finataics..... I know some kids that love them that have been to their concerts and said they absolutely sucked. One kid I know went to 3 of their concerts and he said they have no talent at all. All their "music" is computer editing and effects.

I just don't uderstand why people like them...... I really don't.


Your kidding me right so your saying they dont play thier music? Have you ever seen Live In Texas? If not you should. I've seen plenty of thier concerts and they play all thier music now of course they cant do the special effects thats why they have a DJ its imposible to play them. Thats why they're called special effects. They play thier instruments and do everything thierselves. You should seriously watch Live In Texas then maybe you would actually understand and bot be so dumb


Back to Top
mbro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
Original Forum Gangster

Joined: 11 June 2002
Location: Isle Of Man
Status: Offline
Points: 10743
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 3:45pm
Man Enos went off.
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

Dont Stay, In the end, one step closer, runaway, and my december. I know i like alot, but there all good.

Man are those happy titles or what?

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Back to Top
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Joined: 07 October 2003
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3588
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Dan db09 Dan db09 wrote:

EYES

Wait a minute, I thought you had to actually PLAY instruments in order to be classified as a band.... Maybe I was just wrong....

And to tell you the absolute truth, I bet you I could teach a 6 year old with down syndrome how to play the easy/crap riffs from all of their songs in about half an hour.

I know some LP finataics..... I know some kids that love them that have been to their concerts and said they absolutely sucked. One kid I know went to 3 of their concerts and he said they have no talent at all. All their "music" is computer editing and effects.

I just don't uderstand why people like them...... I really don't.


Your kidding me right so your saying they dont play thier music? Have you ever seen Live In Texas? If not you should. I've seen plenty of thier concerts and they play all thier music now of course they cant do the special effects thats why they have a DJ its imposible to play them. Thats why they're called special effects. They play thier instruments and do everything thierselves. You should seriously watch Live In Texas then maybe you would actually understand and bot be so dumb


You misunderstand me....

Technically, they do play their own music. But it's all just powerchords and/or the same chord played over again, then they muffle it with distortion and other effects to get the illusion of real music. You've never played an instrument in your life have you....



Back to Top
Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 June 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 6483
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:04pm
I like the happy, uplifting song by them.
__________________
__________________

Back to Top
SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Avatar
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Joined: 23 October 2002
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 3639
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:08pm
Linkin Park makes music?
   
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03

This page was generated in 0.172 seconds.