Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"The Village" movie review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
atthedrivein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atthedrivein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Village" movie review
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:52pm
thats pretty much the end of the movie....not much more to figure out lol
Spud2 View Drop Down
WAY kewler than Spud1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:46pm

Saw it Laughedvery hard... after the graveyard scene where the "mental" person sets up and claps... i had tears rollin down my face

other than that not scary, funny... and i had the movie figured out when she got out of the forest to go to town... thats right all of it

my rating .5

Name: Spud
Paintball: Yes Please
Leave My duck alone
Setup: 98 Custom
Psycho Ballistics 2x trigger
J&J Ceramic 14"
R/t
Halo Tsa
45/45k HPA
Custom black to red metallic fade
Silent Wolf View Drop Down
Grr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:40pm
My friend saw it, and he said it was the worst movie he's ever seen, but apparently it got 4 stars.
"I'd rather die on my feet than live a lifetime on my knees."
-Emiliano Zapata
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:34pm
I would watch it, it looks interesting, just I would get Nightmares.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 7:41pm
thats a really good review.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
BLand View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BLand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 7:28pm
^^they would be scary but then you find out that...oh wait. movie was a big dissapointment
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by jaked588 jaked588 wrote:

what do the "creatures" look like?

Boars with big nails and red cloaks.
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:39am
they're basically well.... not creatures... trust me you dont want to see it. and hasnt there been 2 threads like this in the last 2 days?
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:29am
what do the "creatures" look like?
xteam02001 View Drop Down

Good Job On Getting Yourself Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xteam02001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:49am
great movie

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
98c-Ownage View Drop Down
Guested: Egregious spamming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c-Ownage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:20am
eh, still wanna see it first hand for me...
98c
Flatline
Polished Internals
Trigger Stop
Double Trigger
32* Remote
Redz 2and1 harness
Stinless Steel Bolts

Those who see me fear me, those who don't see me fear me more - Semper Fi
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:00am
I thought it was pretty good.
mike_is_popular View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike_is_popular Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:02am
this was a horrible movie... and the end was that much of a twist.. i figured it out pretty fast.....
A Million Billion Trillion Stars
.....frankysock was a good guy.....
pntbl-conection View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl-conection Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:02am
i jsu saw the movie i thought it sucked big time very disappointed, not scary at all.  I dont recommend it.
join my paintball-connection network to recieve free paintballs and discounts on all paintball products at www.paintball-connection.com
paintball duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:43am
i think it looks awsome. i cant wait to see it.
ms2013 View Drop Down
Strike 1: Political campaigning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:18am
holy twists. i don't want to give it away, but i recommend it. highly.

john.
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
M-1 Garande Automag 18 AA
98C RT Thompson w/ Drum mag
A5 MP5, Egrip, Armson Phantom,Stock, 12gr
98C RT HK33 Flatline

UTTER DESTRUCTION OF QUIXTAR!
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:16am
sry, but there already a post like this.

Salem View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:54am

ok saw the village today.

OK so the setting for The Village is a small village (never saw that one comin eh?) that is surrounded by woods. It appears to be very old village, set back far from modern times. It seems to run normal enough until it becomes apparent that the people there live in fear of "creatures" (or those who shall not be spoken of(who they speak of alot by the way)). The enitre village is surrounded with telephone poles (not really telephone poles but u know) on top of eachpole is a yellow flag, the yellow is called "the safe color", which is supposed to ward of the creatures. Red in the village is forbiden, its supposed to atttract them. The villagers seem to share a truce with the creatures. That as long as no one ventures into the woods or makes them feel threatened that they will not enter the village. No one has gone into the woods for a decade when a young blind girl is forced to venture into them in order to bring back medicine.

The acting in the movie was passable to poor. The story was fairly good. The movie isnt crazy scary, it does have a few minutes of scares here and there. I found myself jumping (along with the rest of the theater) at things i couldnt even understand why they were very scary(such as a creature walking by in the distance). In a few spots during the movie you'll find things such as someones clothes or the words someone uses, as out of place. You may just think it was poor writing or directing, but it all pulls togther in the end for a major twist. The twist is relatively good but the very end sucks beyond words. 

Overall i give it 2.5 stars. Its at least worth the admission but its not going to be remember for too long after it goes out.

-Kasey

Edited by Salem

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic