Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I,robot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I,robot
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:31am
I just saw I robot today, I thought it was good. What did ya thing of it.

DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:35am
Saw it it was ok i guess had alot of stuff was a bit dificult to understand

paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:38am
It was a good movie. The only thing I didnt get was why the NX5's were put into storage in the end. V.I.K.I. was the one controlling them. When she was destroyed the NX5's went back to normal.
Ilikepaintball1 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, flaming, selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilikepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:40am
It had a good story line I thought.

Autococker Fund 100/500$$$$
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:46am
Originally posted by paintballman_13 paintballman_13 wrote:

The only thing I didnt get was why the NX5's were put into storage
I think they where being decomission, b/c that one NX5(feels, and dream robot) killed his creator.

DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:11am
Because something like VIKI could be re-created that was probally just a precaution to inssure that that never happend again

ms2013 View Drop Down
Strike 1: Political campaigning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:19am
sorta cheesy, but a good action flick, it had elements of a more active John from Brave New World. all told, worth the 5.50 matinee, but could be worth the 8.50 night showings.

john.
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
M-1 Garande Automag 18 AA
98C RT Thompson w/ Drum mag
A5 MP5, Egrip, Armson Phantom,Stock, 12gr
98C RT HK33 Flatline

UTTER DESTRUCTION OF QUIXTAR!
paintballman_13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballman_13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:22am
Originally posted by NMLvaio NMLvaio wrote:

I think they where being decomission, b/c that one NX5(feels, and dream robot) killed his creator.

But the guy that was killed asked Sunny to kill him.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 3:17am
I think the movie was great, a lot better than it looked in previews. Read Asimov's series to learn more about it.
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:00am

Originally posted by NMLvaio NMLvaio wrote:

But the guy that was killed asked Sunny to kill him.

He did that to prove that the laws were fallible, that robots could kill and/or hurt people, and that's unacceptable to the public. There were parts of the movie I didn't care for, such as the red lights in their chests to let you know they were evil. It would have been so much cooler to be left wondering until they acted.

Minotaur View Drop Down
Negative Nancy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minotaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:06am
I think you prolly should have put at the top of this saying

WARNING SPOILERS!!!
Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:41am

i thought it was good, but i figured out the twist way early so it was kind of a simple plot.  but still good action.

oh yeah, its NS-5 not NX-5, just had to say that

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 7:50am
i thought it was a good one.
JoeG254-PB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeG254-PB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 7:56am
I thought it was good I thought it was going to be a Generic action movie but  it was half action half murder mystery
Thads View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:33am
I thought it kinda resembled Terminator and Paycheck in some ways.
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:00am
I thought it was good, because it by far had the best special effects ive ever seen in a movie. Also the story wasnt half bad.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:39am
I thought that the beginning of the movie was really boring so I just ate my popcorn.Then all of a sudden action came.yup.Other than that it was a great movie.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
chronzak View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:44am
This movie sucked, everywhere you look thier advertising something.  I expected it to be kickass but it had robots "expressing thier feeling".  Note the advertising of audi, dos equidos, converse, and more

IRobot in a nutshell

http://www.maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=i_robot

maybe those links dont work...
reifidom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Zatoichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reifidom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:47am
That's the point of the movie really, robots expressing their feelings, because they have feelings. For me it was about the implications of artificial intelligence and that's the field I hope to enter one day. Machines that think. I would not implement the three laws. I don't think they'd be ethical.

matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:49am
the movie wasnt anything special..way overhyped.

And that article by maddox was brilliant..i read that a couple days ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic