Tippmann Pneumatics Inc. Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Truck Opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Truck Opinions
    Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:11pm
Well i got my truck going in for a paintjob next week.  Except i have one MAJOR problem.  I cant decide wether i gona leave it blue (minus the striping) or change it too black tell me what yopu think.  I also gona remove the step/fairings and put a single 5" exhaust stack right side at the back of the cab in the bed should stick up about 4" from the cab.  I gona have to sacrifice a little to do so but i figue it will be worth it for one i selling my 98c (as soon as i get a buyer) and gona put a hold on getting my pilots license (AGAIN).  BUT the biggest sacrifice is i gona be driveing an Ford Explorer for two weeks.  It is also mine (Sort of its mine for two years while i fix it then i'll give it to my younger sis for here first car).    Heres the befor pic of the truck as many of you have seen as it is in my sig. 

and the Semi mine Ford Explorer.

AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:13pm
I say leave it blue...Blacks a pain to keep clean...
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:16pm
I like Black everything...So I pick black...That's just my personal preference...I think it looks better

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:36pm
blues cool
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:42pm
Black may be a pain to keep clean but it is ubersexy.
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:43pm
Candy apple green and blue.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Solipsism Solipsism wrote:

Black may be a pain to keep clean but it is ubersexy.
that it is
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:46pm

Originally posted by :ShockeR_ratm: :ShockeR_ratm: wrote:

I like Black everything...So I pick black...That's just my personal preference...I think it looks better

same.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:48pm
DDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH its still spilt deshion 50/50 lol.  Personally i prefer black finacially i leaning toward blue (CHEAPER).

I also got some work to do on the beast as it is due for rear brakes, trans service filter and fluid change, and a rad flush.  Gona be doing all work on this thing on the weekends myself as i now have acses to the shop i wprk at.

Even the Explorer is in some need for some work it is a 2000 model year with well over 200000kms on it.  The engine is showing some wear and the valve train is on its last legs.  Its gona need a new powerplant sometime in the next two years tinking of a 5.0L V8 swap but that wont be a good idea for a new driver eh as it will be my little sisters soon enough.

Edited by BearClaw
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:52pm
hey i give you a free washable paint job are you up too it.lol

tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:59pm
blue
Solipsism View Drop Down
300 million WHAT?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Solipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by BearClaw BearClaw wrote:

DDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH its still spilt deshion 50/50 lol.†
Personally i prefer black finacially i leaning toward blue (CHEAPER).

I also got some work to do on the beast as it is due for rear brakes,
trans service filter and fluid change, and a rad flush.† Gona be
doing all work on this thing on the weekends myself as i now have acses
to the shop i wprk at.

Even the Explorer is in some need for some work it is a 2000 model year
with well over 200000kms on it.† The engine is showing some wear
and the valve train is on its last legs.† Its gona need a new
powerplant sometime in the next two years tinking of a 5.0L V8 swap but
that wont be a good idea for a new driver eh as it will be my little sisters soon enough.

Find a 4.6L GT motor to throw in it, or if torque is a concern get a 5.4L...I need to go to the wrecking yards here and see if I can get me a 4.6L DOHC out of a mach 1 or cobra.
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:06pm
how do you put 200000 miles on a car in 4 years?
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:07pm
4.6 is actually too big as dimeshionally it is MUCH larger than the older larger displacment 5.0L V8.  Also i actually like the 5.0L better as it is MUCH niser to work on/with.  But as i said although id like to do it it probly woulf not be good to give my sis for her first car with THAT much HP.
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Stingray View Drop Down
King of the Gnomes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stingray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:08pm
There's only one shade of black, really...but what shade of blue are you thinking of painting it? You need to tell us the shade of blue, man...we have no idea if you mean florescent blue, dark blue...

JIM2
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:27pm
The blue it is now just minus the striping i painting it as there are some paint chips and it is fadeing. 

The explore was my dads and has over 200000kms not miles.  My dad used it as his work truck so it has travaled all over Canada and the US.  He used to run his own busness and had a contract for all the security seystems for BELL Canada telephone.  As you can imagine this requiered alot of driveing so thats how she racked up here KM's.  Cant complain with it though as it has never given us trouble all i ever had to do was a couple o2 sensors, a few brake jobs two 4wd hubs/bearings and a ABS sensor as well as all the reguler services.  Even now it dose not give too mutch trouble just is not as smooth running as she once was.  Things got plenty of power and easily out ran my bros old DODGE dakota but cant pull newrly as well as my diesel.

Edited by BearClaw
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Iíll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:29pm
Paint it Pink!
BearClaw View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BearClaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:32pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ VERY funny this is no ricer though this things actualy got some balls.  Albe she aint the fastest thing on four wheels she shure can pull a load good.

Edited by BearClaw
AGD RT ULE AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN SL68II
DANGEROUS POWER E1
TIPPMANN A5
SHERIDAN PGP2
AGD 68 AUTOMAG
TIPPMANN PRO-CARBINE
EMPIRE TRRACER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic