FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

lazy eye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: lazy eye
    Posted: 31 July 2004 at 1:00am
i have ambliopia in my left eye...also known as lazy eye...not to be confused with a drifting eye (those are the ones that are crossed and wonder)... i want to join the army when i am 18...does anybody know if my eye conition will prevent me from joining?
BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 1:16am
probably....unless u want to be in a part of the army that involves research and tech.......not a soldier or anyting.. i think
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 1:18am
a girl at my work has two lazy eyes, like dubya tee eff
The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 1:25am
My friend ben has a lazy eye. he always walks up to people and acts crazy with his eye all messed up and asks them dumb questions. it is the funniest thing i have ever seen.
I LIKE BIKES!
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 2:00am
Originally posted by 98God 98God wrote:

i have ambliopia in my left eye...also known as lazy eye...not to be confused with a drifting eye (those are the ones that are crossed and wonder)... i want to join the army when i am 18...does anybody know if my eye conition will prevent me from joining?
most likely, it depends where and what are you are doing. Don't be a polite.

sk8r4life432 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Am I bad?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8r4life432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 2:03am
they make glasses for people with lazy eye that will correct it. my little cousin used to have it but he got the glasses and he is fine now.
NOUS DE`FIOUS
ODERINT DUM METUANT
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 8:10am

I have two lazy eyes.....

I'm pretty sure it prevents you from enlisting/being conscripted.

WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:37am
Is your vision good? If so it shouldn't be a problem.
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
Abaweet69 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2.5: Adverts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abaweet69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:17am
You shouldn't have any problem.

BUT
You can't join the air force.
You need perfect 20/20 vision without any corrections (laser eye surgery, glasses, contracts)
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:36am

Thats true but in reality how would they know if you got laser eye surgery and IMO why does it matter. If laser eye correction gives you a perfect 20/20 vision it shouldn't matter.

(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Abaweet69 Abaweet69 wrote:

You shouldn't have any problem.

BUT
You can't join the air force.
You need perfect 20/20 vision without any corrections (laser eye surgery, glasses, contracts)

One of my best friends is a 1st Lieutenant in the Air Force (prior service USMC Enlisted) and wears contacts! Maybe not to be a pilot, but I don't even know about that...
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 11:41am
i dont think it would matter as long as it doesnt affect your vision.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:20pm
why the army. why not the navy?
YONK~!~
Check This Out
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:56pm
yeah my vision is good when i wear my glasses...i dont know boomstick i wanna join the army and not the navy?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic